General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Death of Ford?

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/05, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star@June 10, 2005, 2:52 AM
When you find that Ford that runs forever, let me know.
Crown Victorias regularly go past 200,000 miles. Don't believe me, maybe you should look at the JD Power and Associates rating. Not only that, the build quality is rated even higher than the 'gasp' Honda Accord', according to the same source. Mustangs, Rangers, and F-150s tend to holdup well too. Even Taruses have a fairly good track record for reliability with the exception of the 1996 model year to 1999.
Old 6/10/05, 12:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by StevenJ@June 9, 2005, 10:13 PM
Don't believe me, maybe you should look at the JD Power and Associates rating. Not only that, the build quality is rated even higher than the 'gasp' Honda Accord', according to the same source.

Oh, buddy, I practically wet myself after reading that!

Build quality higher than the Accord, huh? Now I KNOW you're smokin' something.
Old 6/10/05, 12:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Red Star: The problem with the Crown Vic gas tank is that when officers put tools/supplies/equipment is that when struck from the rear, it was possible that they would penetrate the gas tank causing an explosion. When the trunk was empty, it wasn't an issue, and now Ford offers a storage bin for the trunk space that can hold the items but if hit, won't go into the gas tank.

Robert: As far as I can tell the comments that have been made about safety and reliablity have been comparing new models/brands or at least those made in the last few years. Which is why I don't understand why you are comparing quality of manufacture between new Toyotas and a 28 year old '77 LTD.

Maybe I missed something.
Old 6/10/05, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bigred0383@June 10, 2005, 12:52 AM
Red Star: The problem with the Crown Vic gas tank is that when officers put tools/supplies/equipment is that when struck from the rear, it was possible that they would penetrate the gas tank causing an explosion. When the trunk was empty, it wasn't an issue, and now Ford offers a storage bin for the trunk space that can hold the items but if hit, won't go into the gas tank.

Robert: As far as I can tell the comments that have been made about safety and reliablity have been comparing new models/brands or at least those made in the last few years. Which is why I don't understand why you are comparing quality of manufacture between new Toyotas and a 28 year old '77 LTD.

Maybe I missed something.
I wasn't and I'm not. I was pitting the two makes against each other generally. And GENERALLY, Toyota comes out on top. Don't get me wrong, Ford is making significant strides, and I plan on buying the new Shelby in 16 months, but I'm not delusional enough to think that the Ford product is going to be generally as reliable as the Toyota product. And I have the experience and statistics to back up my opinion.
Old 6/10/05, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 11:06 PM
Wow, clever comebacks.
It's clear you're running on empty and I'm tired of hearing my responses regurgitated by you. So, as fun as its been watching you dig yourself deeper into this hole, I'll be unsubscribing to this thread.

With that much wit, you must do well with the ladies.
You should take notes. They might like it more than the arrogant, insecure wannabe-mustang owner routine.
Old 6/10/05, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68notch@June 10, 2005, 6:14 AM
It's clear you're running on empty and I'm tired of hearing my responses regurgitated by you. So, as fun as its been watching you dig yourself deeper into this hole, I'll be unsubscribing to this thread.
You should take notes. They might like it more than the arrogant, insecure wannabe-mustang owner routine.

Face it, you've been wn3d:

Old 6/10/05, 06:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert+June 9, 2005, 6:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ June 9, 2005, 6:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can quote anecdotal information till the cows come home, bubba. Toyota builds better vehicles and the public knows it - which is why they've spoken with their wallets and why Consumer Reports and JD Powers continually recommend them.

Enjoying that QUALITY interior <cough> in your SN-95 Mustang, "ace"? Be interesting to see how much you get for it in a trade in, vs. the guy with a same model year Celica.

And you're trying to tell me that the Pope (despite his flaws) is a bigger sinner than Satan?! Where'd you get that idea from, your Grade Two education? Don't tell me, you probably watch FOX News, too?
[/b]

I am VERY happy with my 99's interior. And in case you hadn't realized it IS an SE. One of 1,299 built SO if I did sell it it would get more than a 99 Celica. Check out my info on my car on www.mustang35th.com if you don't believe anyone else.

Its no one else's fault but your own that you can't accept the facts that I have found. I posted them but you continue to just rehash you're whole 2 sources over and over.

CR and JD Power, CR and JD Power... thats all you say over and over like a broken record. Sooooo all these car experts out there that are saying that they are having problems are liars then huh?

Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 9:09 PM
Hey, "dip****," who the f*ck cares? No one in their right minds - outside of cops, cab drivers and old folks - is gonna want to be caught dead driving an arcane Crown Victoria.

Oh, and by the way, it's spelled "rating," not "ratting," unless you're talking about rats.
As for this quote. Did you not read the rules section for this board. Consider yourself reported for that comment. :nono: Completetly unacceptable I think you have lost any respect from anyone reading this for that Act your age!

<!--QuoteBegin-68notch
@June 10, 2005, 8:14 AM
[/quote]

Yes he's dug himself deeper and deeper and has completely run out of steam.

Thanks you to Zoran, BigRed0383, 68notch, StevenJ and Doug for a great discussion!

Robert, I think you need to mature before posting more on these topics or you won't get very far in these forums :nono:

This topic needs to be closed now due to a members immaturity
Old 6/10/05, 06:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 4:08 PM
Don't tell me, you probably watch FOX News, too?
What's wrong with Fox News?
Old 6/10/05, 07:00 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Right,

This topic has run it's course. Abuse directed at another member will not be tolerated, nor will bypassing the language filters.
Old 6/10/05, 07:31 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@June 10, 2005, 7:03 AM
Right,

This topic has run it's course. Abuse directed at another member will not be tolerated, nor will bypassing the language filters.

Robert....I suggest you stop stirring the pot. Calling people names and insulting them as a reply will NOT be tolerated. A member might not do something about it but one of us WILL if you continue, then you will find out what wn3d: means.

TO everyone else involved in the exchange....it's tough when being attacked but don't feed the trolls or those attacking you, it only brings you down.