General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Brand Loyalty

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 04:09 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05blackV6
...I beleive in supporting my countries industries.
Much harder to identify what that is in a global economy. Is a Ford Fusion built in Mexico using Chinese parts a product of "American industry"?
Old 2/20/07, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
To sum up my opinion, I own an 05 Mustang GT and an 02 GMC Yukon. But I respect everyone's opinion and you need to buy what you like. I do believe that the competition from the Japanese car companies in the 70s and 80s gave us better cars no matter what brand you buy.
Old 2/20/07, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I'm more concerned about how loyal a brand is to me, the customer. Are they delivering to me the very best design, styling, engineering, manufacturing, materials, reliability and service at the best value for my hard earned dollars? If yes, then any company can earn my loyalty. If no, then no company deserves my loyalty. IMHO, it is up to each company to earn my loyalty, not for me to freely and unquestioningly give it, and my hard-earned money, to them.
Old 2/20/07, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

i like mustangs.
Old 2/20/07, 03:12 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by rhumb
IMHO, it is up to each company to earn my loyalty, not for me to freely and unquestioningly give it.
And it is in the nexus between those two concepts where Ford Motor Co. has fallen down over the years.

God willing, that will change over the next 24 months.
Old 2/20/07, 04:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by rhumb
Actually, I'm more concerned about how loyal a brand is to me, the customer. Are they delivering to me the very best design, styling, engineering, manufacturing, materials, reliability and service at the best value for my hard earned dollars? If yes, then any company can earn my loyalty. If no, then no company deserves my loyalty. IMHO, it is up to each company to earn my loyalty, not for me to freely and unquestioningly give it.
Best response I have heard pertaining to "brand loyalty"
Old 2/20/07, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TJ4Cam
Yes, I will only drive FoMoCo products, and now my wife does...she came from a GM family..her father is ****ed at me lol.
LOL SAME HERE!!!! my lil lady is a ford girl all the way now! she came from a GM family...i showed her the light..lol thats just to great
Old 2/21/07, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Domestically I will have to give the nod to Ford which is based on my previous experiences with GM. Why GM would you place a radiator hose right above an exhuast manifold on a horizontally opposed engine is beyond me! I had to keep a box of replacement hoses in my trunk. Well, After that car I got a V-6 mustang that never once had a problem and then I was hooked. I'm sure Ford has had some engineering problems just like the one I stated in my GM example but it is all I think about when GM is mentioned.

I think it has stuck with me for so long is because at the time I was trying to work my way through school and did not have any money. It always seemed like the one thing I always needed to be reliable was constantly letting me down (this was only a two year old car.)
Old 3/7/07, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

My family has owned 4 Toyota's but aside from those we have owned nothing but Fords (primarily under the Lincoln Brand). The Mustang has always been my favorite car, even when I was young I picked out my favorite muscle cars from a book and when I went back and looked at my selections, 90% were Mustangs. As time has gone on I have become very loyal to the Blue Oval, but not out of blind devotion, I honestly prefer they way their cars drive and look over similar foreign competition, and any problems with our Ford was no worse then the Toyota's we owned (in fact most of our Fords had no problems). As far as a global economy goes I still feel better about buying an American car over a import because the money goes back into an American company/American economy. Even though the Japanese provide American's with jobs the profits go back to Japan. As far as the Fusion being made in Mexico well, you can blame the UAW for that.