General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Another "got pulled over" thread. GDMFSOB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/11, 07:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Patrick if you get a good local lawyer you could probably get those tickets dropped or at least dropped to a smaller fine. Jason congrats on the 5k posts.... I have enjoyed a good portion of them!
Thanks Glenn! I'd have another 4k if we didn't hacked along while back
Old 5/10/11, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I'm so late with this post (just now came upon it). I don't think you can blame your woes on the state--there are AH cops pretty much everywhere, and good cops, too. Just like any other profession. Yes, you probably were profiled, and that is a fact of life that you should learn. If you apply for a job in a muscle shirt and are more qualified than the other applicants who are wearing ties, you ain't going to get the job. Right or wrong doesn't have much to do with it.

What really pisses me off about this is that NO cop in the entire State of California has ever given a loud ticket to a Harley Davidson rider, even though 85 percent of these motorcycles have altered exhaust--most of them illegal. And they, also, are not fast. The noise is what Harley drivers are after. But no tickets. Ever.

Advice: I once had 6 moving violations in 8 months--5 of them in Southern California and 1 in western Arizona. One was for going 110 plus (which basically means the CHP had no idea how fast you were going, but it was a heckuva lot more than 70). This string of tickets for me was like an alcoholic "hitting bottom." I had to straighten out, and I did . . . but I did it without forgoing all of the fun. I am now extra careful on freeways. Speed limit plus 10 is no longer my rule. It's speed limit plus 5. That one step has helped a LOT. I also stay much much more aware of the presence anywhere near me of any black and whites (including the possibility that one might be waiting around the next blind curve). By the way, I fought the 110 plus ticket (a misdemeanor) through an attorney, who got it reduced to mere "exceeding the limit." Cost me $600 a few years back, because I split the $1200 attorney fee with another guy who was pulled over with me. We got a Two-fer from the lawyer. You might think about that. I assume you've been to traffic school on one of these violations--if not, you should. But first fight this last one in court, even if you go it alone. Take pictures, gather your facts, dress nice for the judge, be personable, polite and reasonable in court. Here's more good news: 6 tickets in 8 months--all moving violations--and I didn't lose my license. I dont' know why. Arizona may not have communicated with California. The DMV messed up somehow (it could happen to you), because all I got from them was a nasty note that I had a ticket on my record, and then an even nastier one that said I had two and was one of the worst drivers in the state. LOL.

Keep your balance, my friend. Keep a cool head. Don't give up on your passion for cars, and don't move to North Dakota thinking that the cops are better. And pray for me when I take delivery of my 2012 Shelby GT 500 (Build date: 5/16/11). We'll see what kind of magnetism I generate! Good luck!