General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Another "got pulled over" thread. GDMFSOB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/11, 11:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow that is horrible. When I can afford it, I plan on moving out to the middle of no where and buying some cheap land to build a small road course on. I'm also considering joining the military because at this point, I can't find a job I'll be happy in, and no matte what I do, I can't stay out of trouble in the Bay Area - even when I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm not a rebel or troublemaker. I don't set out to break laws. I come from a military/LEO family so I'm very respectful. But I can't afford a new car at my current job, or even afford to paint this car and make it less of a cop magnet. I need to get out of here.

On a side note, I'm considering a set of 2011 GT500 mufflers for my V6 to "quiet" it down a little. My car is not that loud, but I'm kinda over the exhaust and since I have a 2.5" custom exhaust, the GT500 mufflers would bolt right in to my catback, being they are offset/offset.
Old 4/6/11, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
do the speed limit?
Old 4/6/11, 06:17 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
do the speed limit?

Old 4/6/11, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 4/6/11, 10:35 PM

Dude that sucks. I would react the same way you did... When he pulled up next to you was that when he checked your speed by checking his speed? If so then he had to have sped up to catch you so he was most likely doing 80 to get along right beside you..
Old 4/12/11, 02:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check this out Pat!
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/12/r...ta-system-win/

Shady stuff there!
Old 4/13/11, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I think the title of this thread is a little over the top
Old 4/14/11, 07:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You wouldn't think so if your license was on the verge of being taken....

And thanks Jason, yeah I saw that. BS!
Old 4/14/11, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah...California is awesome. LOLS.

I need to start a thread called "I pulled over yet Another GDMFSOB" thread!!!"
Old 4/14/11, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im sorry that happened to u.... im not looking forward to my first popo run in
Old 4/14/11, 10:05 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man i must have missed this... sorry to hear man
Old 4/14/11, 02:06 PM

That sucks

Cops can pull you over for whatever they want and write you a ticket if they feel like it

My cousin was at an intersection at a red light. He was in the middle lane, a car to his left, and a car to his right. Light turns green, and all three cars started moving at the same and speed. Cop picks him out and pulls him over, then tickets him for "running the red light at 15 MPH." Funny thing is my cousin SAW the cop, he was waiting to make a right turn into the street. Anyways, his car is pretty modded. His exhaust is not even that loud, sounds like a peep compared to the Roush abs I'm running.

But yeah, he did get a little defensive, like you. but, in my opinion, it's the natural reaction when you SAW the cop/CHP, consciously made sure that you weren't violating any laws, and still get pulled over and accused.

Funny thing is when I worked at a small restaurant, many police officers and CHP would eat there. They were all generally nice and laid back. I guess it's different when they are on the street. Displaying a presence of authority is one thing, but to go out of their way to be a douche... I don't understand it.

When is your court date? You're gonna fight it, right?

Last edited by JimmyM; 4/14/11 at 02:09 PM.
Old 4/14/11, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
You wouldn't think so if your license was on the verge of being taken....

And thanks Jason, yeah I saw that. BS!
trust me I've been there and done that and yes it sucked .... but I was stepping over the line knew got caught paid the cash. Drove with out a dl got caught paid the cash again. why because I got caught. I look at it this way I break the speed limit to often and expect to pay the price for it once in a while. These cars suck, they are to fast and handle to dam good not to drive fast once in a while.
Old 4/19/11, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stackel
Dude that sucks. I would react the same way you did... When he pulled up next to you was that when he checked your speed by checking his speed? If so then he had to have sped up to catch you so he was most likely doing 80 to get along right beside you..
I remember getting pulled over going 40 in a 35 and hearing "I was going at least 50 to catch up to you." Well uh, you caught up pretty fast. "Ok, well turn down your music."

That was my 100% factory stock 1998 Mitsubishi Galant. But I was 19 - and therefore guilty of something at 1am.
Old 4/19/11, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pulled over eh well I got one for ya boys. K I was doing about 220 kms/hr driving to my old lady's place. My radar detector chirped so I hit the binders real hard,flew by the oncoming car who already had the cherries spinning. He u-turned so I stopped. The RCMP officer pulls me outta the car into the back of the cruiser,rips my ride apart to get my license and runs my name. So I hear on the radio that I am a person of interest and have a do not detain on my file. Cop opens the door to let me out,throws my license and registration on the ground and peels out. No ticket,no warning. Nothing. And he got me doing 180 in a 110. Ha....sometimes it pays to be the bad guy. Woohoo
Old 4/19/11, 03:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
trust me I've been there and done that and yes it sucked .... but I was stepping over the line knew got caught paid the cash. Drove with out a dl got caught paid the cash again. why because I got caught. I look at it this way I break the speed limit to often and expect to pay the price for it once in a while. These cars suck, they are to fast and handle to dam good not to drive fast once in a while.
Hell ya....think about it. How many times do us as enthusiasts rip thru the gears and speed,now how many times do you actually get caught. Take it in stride boys. We drive wicked cars and drive them hard. Can't get away clean every time
Old 4/21/11, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

I got pulled over last week for leaving a light too fast. Not sure what that means but i know the cavalier next to me smoked me off the line. As bad as that is to say. The cop was right behind me and i kno he couldnt hear the cavaliers coffee can exhaust screaming. So i was nice and not overly defensive and he let me go with a warning. 10 minutes later im on the highway and obviously speeding when i look up and see an illinois state trooper sitting on an overpass. Im doing just shy of 80 in a 55 and know that he is coming for me. So i pull over at the ramp he will be using to come after me and wait for him. When he got there he asked me if i knew why he was pulling me over but he was laughing. I told him i was speeding and politely asked him why he was laughing. He said he was laughing because i pulled over and was stopped before he was able to get back into his car. He walked around my car came back to my window and said please slow down i would hate to impound this car its too nice for a cop yard. Handed me my liscense and told me to have a nice day. So i got 2 warnings in less than 15 minutes. Moral of the story is i guess a cops mood will decide your fate.
Old 5/6/11, 10:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Time for an update I guess...

Ticket came in the mail. $642. For all 3 infractions...not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I want to fight it to the death (of course), but my dad is advising me to just pay the fine and do the traffic school. He says it's not worth the risk of going to court and losing the option of traffic school if the judge is in a pissy mood. I know he's right, as my insurance would probably drop me if I got another point, but I really really want to fight it since it was such a BS ticket.

I've retired the stang for now. I've been driving our 98 F150 to work (only has 52k miles!) but gas is killing me. My commute is 30mi a day round trip, not including driving for lunch or to see the lady/go out. I'm probably going to start taking Bart to work since my job gives us $100/month to take public transportation.

I'm going to take the stang off the insurance and garage it. I'll finally have the time to strip it down and work on it, but I need to get a car in the mean time. My mom has offered me her Focus, but I'm hoping to trade it for something more fun, yet still stealthy. I am thinking maybe a used Escape, new Fiesta, new Focus, maybe even a Fusion. Also have looked at Mazda6, Mazda3, Ranger etc. I feel like I should get a truck/suv because they make me drive slow. If I get a car, I want it to be fuel efficient but fun to drive, i.e. stick, but I think I'd have a hard time not modding it. I've looked at a couple used Mazda6 wagons that were stick - I think they just might be the perfect combo of fun to drive, convenient hauler, stealthiness, decent mpg...
Old 5/6/11, 11:23 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Pat I think you're on the right track with just trying to get something sensible. I know it's hard cuz you're an enthusiast but I'd get something bland that didn't tempt me to drive fast. Like an auto escape or something
Old 5/6/11, 07:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Patrick if you get a good local lawyer you could probably get those tickets dropped or at least dropped to a smaller fine. Jason congrats on the 5k posts.... I have enjoyed a good portion of them!

Quick Reply: Another "got pulled over" thread. GDMFSOB!!!