General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Am I cheating on my baby?

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/08, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by n8rfastback
what do you, a pizza boy, and a gynocologist have in common?????

you all can smell it but cant touch it!

lol i crack myself up.
Thats good stuff.
Old 6/16/08, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by n8rfastback
what do you, a pizza boy, and a gynocologist have in common?????

you all can smell it but cant touch it!

lol i crack myself up.

Your cheating unless you own both.
Old 6/16/08, 10:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
silver99v6

That is an awesome Vette, but I think you already know that. I've got a few irons in the fire that might turn up some nice cabbage in the coming year. If so I'll be looking you up for those dealers, otherwise I'll just be putting a blower in my Stang. I'm also only 36 so I've got lots of time to own one of these, but I'd like it new knowing no one ever ragged on it and with the way gas is going I hope they won't do to these cars what they did to the late 70's Vettes that had about 175hp.

Gary
Old 6/16/08, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Get it while your young." Thats what my dad told me, so I did. Some of the members here know my age, and I dont want this thread to turn into a you're too young to own a Vette thing, so I wont stray off topic.

More than likely the C6 is going to be the last of the high horsepower Vettes. The ZR1 is kind of like a last hurrah thing. There are rumors that the C7 ig going to go down to something like 300 of 350HP, but it is going to lose some serious weight to make up for less HP.

People ask me how I can afford gas for the Vette, and I tell them that it is my economy car. On a recent road trip, I averaged 32.4 MPG with the AC on full blast.

One of the main reasons that I bought my corvette new is because I knew that it had never been driven hard. Another plus to ordering one new is the option to take delivery of your car at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green. I didn't have the chance to do this, but I will on my next one. You also have the opportunity to see your car be built. Ive talked to a few people that have done this, and they say that they have actually gotten to put a piece on the car such as a mirror or an emblem. They also get to start the car for the first time.
Old 6/17/08, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can probably get one new alot less than 75K. I'm sure if you shop somewhere there is one with a rebate. Another option would used. I'm sure a first year Z06 can be had for under 60K.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/che...t&distance=any

There are just 4 (of over 300) from the first page (2 of them are black) and all under 60K and many under 50K. The black one with chrome wheels and 49K (50K) price is even in abeline Texas (third link) and several less than 9K so it's not like they are hurt.

As far as mod potential one company has vids on youtube of an LS7 with nothing but a cam, headers, and forged pistons on an engine dyno making 720 HP NA with everything else stock. Thats well over 600 RWHP with what is considered cam only since the pistons are only a stronger version of the stock ones.

There's nothing wrong with loving performance. 500+ NA RWHP with a 3200 lb curb weight with nothing but boltons is nothing to sneeze at even if you bleed blue. A used C6 Z06 is a great performance buy. Just beware they do come with cast/hypereuticrap pistons stock which normally aren't a problem unless you are adding FI.

Last edited by Slims00ls1z28; 6/17/08 at 05:51 PM.
Old 6/17/08, 05:49 PM
Post *****

I don't think I would do much in the way of mods to the Vette. I know appearance wise I wouldn't change a thing. Performance wisw as of now I wouldn't know where to start. But as with the Mustang I am sure there are some good forums out there for Vette owners.
Old 6/17/08, 05:51 PM
Post *****

As for age. I would easily be the only C6 ZO6 owner in this region under the age of 60. These things aredoctors cars around here. They are the only people with enough disposable income to afford them as second cars.
Old 6/17/08, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good thing about that is amny of the old fogeys owning them have probably never had it floored because they are worried about value. I know I have messed with two that they guys never even gave me a second look.
Old 6/17/08, 06:02 PM
Post *****

Exactly. I messed with one the other night. I was all intent to pass him and race him up the on ramp and when he saw me he just stayed on the access road doing 45. You can't even agitate them. I guess me messing with them is like the **** Chevy Cobalts and Scions messing with me. Its just annoying.
Old 6/17/08, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Exactly. I messed with one the other night. I was all intent to pass him and race him up the on ramp and when he saw me he just stayed on the access road doing 45. You can't even agitate them. I guess me messing with them is like the **** Chevy Cobalts and Scions messing with me. Its just annoying.
Most of the older guys just dont want to race on the street. On another forum that I am on, one of the guys with the fastest track time is over 60. My local Corvette club is almost all old guys, but almoset everyone of them tracks their cars.

A lot of Corvette owners dont want to street race, because they know that it is dangerous, and don't want to risk hurting someone. However, I do know many Vette owners that will race anyone and everyone that even tries to race them. If anyone tries to race me, the majority of the time, I will give them my number and tell them to call me when they want to take it to a track. Every now and then, Ill let them see my four round tail lights. But that is a very rare event for me, because I do not want to risk my insurance going up, or hurting anyone.
Old 6/17/08, 09:35 PM
Post *****

True. Although I must say I wasn't trying to race him, I just wanted him to show me a little something to put me in my place thats all.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 6/17/08 at 09:52 PM.
Old 6/17/08, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
True. Although I must say I wasn't trying to race him, I just wanted him to show me a little something to put me in my place thas all.
lol Thats funny. If you're ever in the Tennessee area, Ill take you for a ride and show you a little something.
Old 6/17/08, 10:00 PM
Post *****

I must say I took a trip to Austin in my Mustang a few weeks ago. And it probably looks and sounds a little faster than it really is. The trip is over regular 2 and 4 lane highway not interstate and you have to go through several little towns every 30 miles or so.

Every town I came to some kid or teenager in a chevy pickup, f body camaro or firebird, scion, and even a rx-7 turbo wanted to race me. They would follow me for a couple of miles just trying to get me to race. I never bit. The firebird even passed me then slowed down so I would pass him on a small 2 lane highway. He then sped up as I was trying to casually pass throwing road rocks everywhere. I slowed down to 55 just to let him get the hell away from me. Anyway. It was very annoying and it made me not want to roadtrip the car anymore. I bet a C6 ZO6 or Coupe would get a lot more attention and with punks in modified Mustangs like me trying to show them some noise from their headers, the old man driving probably said look at that kid in that **** Mustang thinking he's faster than me.
Old 6/17/08, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Probably... the bad thing is, I know what a Mustang is capable of. I know that they are amazingly fast in a straight line, and a lot of people have supercharged their Mustangs, so in a drag race, the Mustang may win if it is supercharged, but when you take a Vette through some twisty backroads, the Vette really shines. I have a buddy at work with a Mustang GT, and he will try to keep up with me on the road that leads to the workplace, and he just cany take turns half as fast as I can. Stock Chevy claims that the Vette can pull almost a full G. I know people that have pulled 1.3 Gs in thier completely stock Vette.
Old 6/18/08, 12:58 AM
Closet American

You're married, plain and simple. OK to look at the Vette, but better not touch - or God forbid - "drive" it. That would be cheating.

Things are getting stale for you in your relationship. It reminds me of what is commonly known as the Wife 1.0 Syndrome. It goes like this >>

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Golf 3.6 were also affected.

I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks,
Troubled User.....

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony/Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application 'Yes Dear' to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE! because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0!

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system and can delete all bank account information!

Best of luck,

Tech Support
Old 6/18/08, 08:36 AM
Post *****

Thats funny because its true!