Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Got my license. Anyone know anything about graduated licensing? :P

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/06, 08:34 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, you've already started so you should be fine. turly though, you won't become a GREAT standard driver until you have a car to drive for a consistent basis.

for me, i learned in this order:
1) how to drive period, in auto
2) how to drive standard (borrowed a friends car a couple times before my first car, a stick, arrived)
3) how to ride a motorcycle

i think it was a great order of things...you first learn the rules of the road and getting comfortable. then learning stick was next - felt like a newbie all over again! then, learned to ride - it's SOOOO much better to be a good driver, comfortable on the roads, and great with stick before riding. makes it faster to learn.

anyways, sounds like you're doing great. try to just remember that nobody is perfect, and you're not invincible
Old 6/20/06, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'd like to buy a motorcycle, because:
I could afford one now,
I could drive one alone now,
They're stupid fast,
Manouverability,
Cheap gas/insurance.

BUT
I know I would be dead in less than 6 months,
My parents would nevar let me.

Thanks for the advice and stuff, Im pretty chill with the auto, the only thing with the stick is like, smoothness and the "oh crap I stalled in the middle of the left turn with the dude about to smash the crud outta me" fear thing.
Old 6/21/06, 01:55 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Yeah, I'd like to buy a motorcycle, because:
I could afford one now,
I could drive one alone now,
They're stupid fast,
Manouverability,
Cheap gas/insurance.

BUT
I know I would be dead in less than 6 months,
My parents would nevar let me.

Thanks for the advice and stuff, Im pretty chill with the auto, the only thing with the stick is like, smoothness and the "oh crap I stalled in the middle of the left turn with the dude about to smash the crud outta me" fear thing.
Ya, well it's at least good that you know that about yourself and are smart about it. Go to gtamotorcycle.com and look up the user BIBO. He is what scares me about today's youth.

As for bikes...ya, I'm really glad that I was totally comfortable with the road before riding. There's a lot to think about - clutch, front brake, rear brake, shifter, throttle etc. Plus, you have to be SO careful about others...I basically ride with the thought that everyone is out to get me. BUT, the rewards are pretty awesome too - nothing beats a great day at the track.

One thing to note, gas is cheap, but insurance is NOT. I was lucky to find statefarm that wanted only about $1500/year, but every other company wanted closer to $4995/year for me, 25, female, GM class liscence, no accidents/tickets/suspensions. For anyone under 21, it's worse. That's why I started on a 250cc...I couldn't afford anything faster (plus, it was a better way to learn).

Oh well...ya, stalling is scary at first. Just wait until you get stopped at a light on a hill and the dude behind you pulls up to like 3" from your back bumper. I always hated that.

K
Old 6/21/06, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That Bibo kid is sketchy. We did the highway thing today. Its a bajaillion times easier than I excpeceted, except for stop and go. We also tried doing hill starts with the e-brake holding the car, that was strange. I think I was driving his car too much like a Mustang today.
Old 6/21/06, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

I know what you are saying about killing yourself on a bike, I had the same logic when I thought about getting one. I know lots of people my age with motorcycles that haven't had any accidents, but right now my dad is doing a de-briefing for firefighters that had to go to a scene on an 18 year old that was killed in a bike vs. car accident that happened nearby the other day.

there is no way my parents would let me have one.
Old 6/21/06, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah man same. my parents both work in healthcare and theyve been around the hospitals at night when the skinless motorcycle homies come in. not cool.