Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
http://www.oldharborinn.com/
tha one will werk
Old 8/5/08, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Thanks Tom we just reserved a room in south haven looks nice. The old harbor in is the name of the place.
www.oldharborinn.com

hahaha, that's funny Glenn, I just fixed the link in your first post. And then read this one and realized that you fixed it yourself. Anyway, looks like a cool place, good luck and have fun!!!!!
Old 8/5/08, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ludington, MI is 4 hours from my house. maybe next time or maybe take another day and head that way
Old 8/5/08, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Its about 4 hours away from me too...... I don't go often but its a neat town, right on the lake with a bunch of little shops here and there.
Old 8/6/08, 12:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey all. Power has been out at my house for 30 hours. Sucks, don't realize how much you rely on electricity until its gone. Trees all over the place.
My wife's house where my son lives, but luckily was still with me over the extended weekend was hit pretty bad. Their power lines ripped from the house, trees all just all over front and back. AC unit knocked off its block laying on the side. Front door awning ripped down, blocking the front door. Glass patio table shattered, chairs split and all over the place. Tree branches lodged into the side of the house, nutz I tell ya.

I'm staying at my g/f's hotel where she works, 40 miles from my house in Valparaiso Indiana. Free room and A/C worth the drive. Sleeping in this stuff sucks with no A/C let alone no fans. Looking forward to my hour drive (vs normally a 3 minute drive) to work in the morning.

ps instant email notification sucks, and not working for s*it on here! Only here, and been like that a while.
Old 8/6/08, 12:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Nick is probably chasing chicks and thinking of a way to buy a blower......
Yeah yeah.... And that dang Saleen SuperShaker has thrown a wrench in the works... But I dont think I wanna pay $7k+ for that setup... So although I'd love a Saleen with a built-in shaker, I think I'll probably end up doing one of the turnkey Brenspeed Paxton or Vortech Kits and modify my shaker shroud and cold air tube accordingly.

I'm wondering why Brenspeed's Saleen kits include bigger injectors, but their Paxton/Vortech kits include the BAP?

I asked this a couple weeks ago, but I wanna know who still plans on going to the show in Elkhart on saturday? I'm about 75% for-sure going.. I didn't register by mail. Hope I can still get in.
Old 8/6/08, 05:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Hey all. Power has been out at my house for 30 hours. Sucks, don't realize how much you rely on electricity until its gone. Trees all over the place.
My wife's house where my son lives, but luckily was still with me over the extended weekend was hit pretty bad. Their power lines ripped from the house, trees all just all over front and back. AC unit knocked off its block laying on the side. Front door awning ripped down, blocking the front door. Glass patio table shattered, chairs split and all over the place. Tree branches lodged into the side of the house, nutz I tell ya.

I'm staying at my g/f's hotel where she works, 40 miles from my house in Valparaiso Indiana. Free room and A/C worth the drive. Sleeping in this stuff sucks with no A/C let alone no fans. Looking forward to my hour drive (vs normally a 3 minute drive) to work in the morning.

ps instant email notification sucks, and not working for s*it on here! Only here, and been like that a while.

Wow John...Glad everyone is OK. Material stuff can be fix. Losing a family member can't. Glad you are ok. You guys right got it bad the other night.
Old 8/6/08, 05:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Morning Folks
Old 8/6/08, 06:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ov3n
I asked this a couple weeks ago, but I wanna know who still plans on going to the show in Elkhart on saturday? I'm about 75% for-sure going.. I didn't register by mail. Hope I can still get in.
I'm pretty sure I'll be there, dly will be there for sure. You can always get in, I never register by mail.

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Wow John...Glad everyone is OK. Material stuff can be fix. Losing a family member can't. Glad you are ok. You guys right got it bad the other night.

+1 to that, good luck John.

Morning Folks
morning glenn
Old 8/6/08, 07:06 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks Tom we just reserved a room in south haven looks nice. The old harbor in is the name of the place.
www.oldharborinn.com

I've been to South Haven many times. I thought the old harbor inn was going condo. It's right along the river just 2 blocks north of town and was a bunch of buildings that they told the top floor of each one and made them into Hotel rooms. Right below use to be a cute little shopping mall but it has mostly closed down due to lack of business during the off season. A place to eat is Clementine's. North beach is a great place to see and go swinning in Lake Michigan.
Old 8/6/08, 07:11 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Best investment I ever made was a 5000 watt generator. Loss power one time from a Ice strom for 5 days. I when thought 22 gallons of gas. A neighbor and I both had them and were the last ones in the sub divsion after the 3rd night. Everybody else left for Hotel rooms. My neighbor spent $600 in Hotel and eats and I told my gerantor was only $550 she about **** a brick. I fell our pain, good luck.
Old 8/6/08, 07:21 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
As of right now, I'm planning on it but it depends on the weather and if I can get things done around here in time to have a dozen or so people over on Sunday for a cook out and crap like that.
Weather will be perfect Saturday, I only about 80% sure I'll go. I don't want to get a a *****in match with the Club members.

I asked this a couple weeks ago, but I wanna know who still plans on going to the show in Elkhart on saturday? I'm about 75% for-sure going.. I didn't register by mail. Hope I can still get in. [/quote]

They never fill up. Usasally only about 50 to 80 cars and they want 200
Old 8/6/08, 07:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

4hr to elkhart for me. So I won't be there.

DLY how do you have your gen hooked up or is it the type you just plug things into?
Old 8/6/08, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o

Wow, that's crazy stuff! I didn't lose power here, but almost had the power go out in Glen Ellyn at work. Rt. 59 through Bartlett is still all messed up, downed power lines and trees, and it looked like a power pole got cut right in half by lightning.
Old 8/6/08, 08:03 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

4hr to elkhart for me. So I won't be there.

DLY how do you have your gen hooked up or is it the type you just plug things into?

It's on wheels. It's a Generac brand. I plug it into a 220 welding socket and back feed my Breaker box. I turn off the main so I don't backfeed the mainline. It will run everything but not sure of the AC compresser.
Old 8/6/08, 08:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Clementine's I will look for this place. Thanks
Old 8/6/08, 09:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
22 gallons? Did you have it running 24/5 or just when you needed it?
Old 8/6/08, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Yup, still no power yet.
Old 8/6/08, 11:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.....?
Old 8/6/08, 04:49 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by red454
22 gallons? Did you have it running 24/5 or just when you needed it?

24/5 except 1 night we tryed to heat the house with a Kerosun heater but the fumes were to bad.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread