West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

SurfSide Mustangs August RoundUp

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/05, 04:05 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, apperently I was out of line with my post and I appologize, I dont know if its the way I said it and people are taking it too seriously or what but I would like to take this moment to appologize to all that I offended, I seriously meant no harm, I was just being over the top with my sarcasm and I see how it could be rude to people.

Turn2: I really do appreciate the effort you are putting into getting a place for us to park, I am sorry if I sounded like your suggestion was beneath me and my car. I would love to see the pics of the lot and I will pass the idea onto SoCalStangs so you can have their input. Thank you for your time and effort going into this meet.

JessicaRabbitt: I am sorry if I have offended you about making a comment about the cleanliness of your car, I am always making the assumption that you are aware that my jabs are not intended to hurt because we are friends and it is all done in a playful, friendly competition manner, but I should not assume this, no matter how many times people tell me that they get it and are not offended, I must realize that this is not always the case and sometimes these small jabs can be hurtful. I do appologize and hope that you understand that I do not think your car is a POS that you do not care about, obviously I know that is not the case as I have had many discusions with you about your car and how much you love it. Apperantly I was wrong in my assumption that you were ok with our playful exchange of banter and I am trully sorry.

SurfnSoCal: I made a jab at your cars cleanliness as well and I appologize. I've already talked to you on the phone about this so I dont need to go into anymore detail on here, but I didnt want to leave you out. I am sorry.

To everyone else that I may have inadvertantly included in this jab about being willing to park their car in a dirt lot, I appologize, I in no way intended to imply that any of you care any less about your car than I do.

As for parking in the dirt lot, I would prefer an alternative if at all possible, we can figure it out when we get there if need be it shouldnt be too hard to do and we have done it before, I just would hate to have spent time cleaning up my car for this event to show it off to all of you guys only to have it get dirty by parking it in a place where it will easily get dirty, when it could've been avoided. Again I appologize to all of you and I hope to see all of your great cars and yourselves out there.
Old 8/9/05, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 9, 2005, 2:26 PM

I dont give a poo about my car, and no one else who is willing to park in a graded, flat, OPEN lot does either. Its kewl, I never wash mine, and so whats the big deal right?

um..... its a car club......to show off your car...and we are gonna drive somewhere to show our cars.....to park in a dirt lot.

anyone else see a problem with this?????? :scratch:
Old 8/9/05, 05:12 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I was being a touch sarcastic Surfn...

Hey, lets hear what the other options are...
Old 8/9/05, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

The problem I've always found with parking a group of cool cars in an uncontrolled lot is that there will always be some hineyclown not associated with the group that wants to spin their tires and shower the cars wih dirt. I have seen this happen on more than one occasion and one time it resulted in several hineyclowns getting a beat down by several car owners. Boy did my, I mean "my friend's", hand hurt that day
Old 8/9/05, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@August 9, 2005, 3:08 PM
OK, apperently I was out of line with my post and I appologize, I dont know if its the way I said it and people are taking it too seriously or what but I would like to take this moment to appologize to all that I offended, I seriously meant no harm, I was just being over the top with my sarcasm and I see how it could be rude to people.

Turn2: I really do appreciate the effort you are putting into getting a place for us to park, I am sorry if I sounded like your suggestion was beneath me and my car. I would love to see the pics of the lot and I will pass the idea onto SoCalStangs so you can have their input. Thank you for your time and effort going into this meet.

JessicaRabbitt: I am sorry if I have offended you about making a comment about the cleanliness of your car, I am always making the assumption that you are aware that my jabs are not intended to hurt because we are friends and it is all done in a playful, friendly competition manner, but I should not assume this, no matter how many times people tell me that they get it and are not offended, I must realize that this is not always the case and sometimes these small jabs can be hurtful. I do appologize and hope that you understand that I do not think your car is a POS that you do not care about, obviously I know that is not the case as I have had many discusions with you about your car and how much you love it. Apperantly I was wrong in my assumption that you were ok with our playful exchange of banter and I am trully sorry.

SurfnSoCal: I made a jab at your cars cleanliness as well and I appologize. I've already talked to you on the phone about this so I dont need to go into anymore detail on here, but I didnt want to leave you out. I am sorry.

To everyone else that I may have inadvertantly included in this jab about being willing to park their car in a dirt lot, I appologize, I in no way intended to imply that any of you care any less about your car than I do.

As for parking in the dirt lot, I would prefer an alternative if at all possible, we can figure it out when we get there if need be it shouldnt be too hard to do and we have done it before, I just would hate to have spent time cleaning up my car for this event to show it off to all of you guys only to have it get dirty by parking it in a place where it will easily get dirty, when it could've been avoided. Again I appologize to all of you and I hope to see all of your great cars and yourselves out there.
Can I make a suggestion???
Since some of are concerned about parking their cars in a dirt lot, either from the cars getting dirty from driving on the lot, or from the people that want to show off by spinning their tires in front of us would it be possible for someone living (or working) close to the museum check out the area surrounding the museum for alternate locations for getting something to eat that has enough parking where our cars would be safe?
I did a quick search on Mapquest and found something like 80 different food places in the area around the museum.

Maybe we can go to a place like Shakeys or some other restaraunt in the area that's not too expensive to eat at.

Back to the parking issue...
Since we're planning on getting together for a museum tour and lunch it would be nice to be able to all park together in the same place...not one car accross the street and the others spread around the lot.

Just some ideas...
Old 8/11/05, 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 4, 2005, 9:11 AM
Sorry guys, I am kind of not thinking straight...

Anyway, August 21st was the date I was looking for, 1PM.

rrobello, there is ALWAYS stuff going on, its impossible to get a date when there isnt some kind of show or event.
Sounds good to me! Count me in!

It's a lot shorter drive for me than Carlsbad , although I really enjoyed that drive. I was playing tag with the orange Street Scene Stang all the way up there! That was fun, watching people on the hwy drool over two '05s

~Rob
Old 8/11/05, 11:56 AM

ok here are the final details on the museum.....

UPDATE:

We are good to go. SCS reserved it for the 33 people on the list (plus kids). We can still take some slackers last minute but if it's more than 10 more people, too late!

Things to remember:

1. tour starts at 11:30 on the first floor

2. park on the third level (with all the mustangs)

3. if you come in something other than a mustang, it's $6 to park (mustang= free parking)

4. $6 a head to get in, pay when you get there. (less for kids)

5. have fun

and lets post over on this thread from now on about this to keep everything organized......

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=31296
Old 8/11/05, 11:57 AM

rebel your in so dont worry about that last post but that leaves 9 open spots left for slackers.
Old 8/15/05, 09:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by rrobello@August 11, 2005, 11:00 AM
rebel your in so dont worry about that last post but that leaves 9 open spots left for slackers.
thanks! See you there!