West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

SurfSide Mustangs August RoundUp

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/05, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 4, 2005, 10:04 PM
Mike, it included you.

STEVE!! I am so glad you are going to make it, its been forever since we saw you and that gorgeous RedFire baby of yours.

SoCalStangs is doing a cruise to that museum on the 21st. rrobello was thinking it would be fun to join them, since they probably will have a pretty big group.

We are up to 7, I am game for whatever, maybe we should take a vote as to which one we wanna do?
Whatever the group decides is fine with me. The galley would be a nice place to hang out, but since I live close by (20 minutes away more or less) I can go anytime...and since they plan to demolish the place in the near future I'll probably go there soon anyway.
Old 8/4/05, 11:11 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would prefer to go to The Galley as well, I havent been in AGES... And like you, will miss it when they get rid of it.

I havent had a chance to call them, do you know when the demolition is scehduled for?
Old 8/5/05, 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 4, 2005, 10:14 PM
I would prefer to go to The Galley as well, I havent been in AGES... And like you, will miss it when they get rid of it.

I havent had a chance to call them, do you know when the demolition is scehduled for?
I don't know when they plan to close and demolish the place. If you like I'll see what I can find out this weekend (if you don't beat me to it) about the closure and demolition.
Also, if you like I can work out a cruise route from the show and the galley and send it to you, then if you like the route you can run it by the others and see what they think.
Old 8/5/05, 01:14 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

well I was thinking of doing both, and Mike your post about the show is in September they are doing a show there and I believe thats the same day as the Queen Mary show which is a big one, for this month So Cal Stangs is doing a cruise to the Museum to tour it, the tour starts at 11:30am and goes for 2 hours (the first hour is guided and the second hour is on our own) so I was thinking that we can join them for the cruise up and do the tour and then we can head over and do a late lunch and have them join us, since everyone should be starving by that point. if we decide to do the tour we have to have a commitment because it is being prearranged with the museum.

here are some of the simple details of the tour thing.....
It's a 2 hour tour with a 1 hour free guided tour and then 1 hour on our own.
Get there at least 10 minutes early.
It's $6 a person to get in. Children under 12 is $2.
Free parking for all Mustangs. Park on the third level.
We need 10+ people to get the deal and the free tour, so come with, after all it's a freaking auto museum!

here is the link to their thread.....
http://socalstangs.com/forums/showthread.p...48&page=1&pp=25

and a link to the museum its pretty big and sick.....
http://www.petersen.org/
Old 8/5/05, 04:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Count me in for now! I get back to LA a day before, but anything could arise and prevent me from coming since I have a TON of stuff to take care of.

HOWEVER, count me in for now! Jessica, maybe you can post up a list of how many people there are so far..?

I can't wait to meet you all!
Old 8/5/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@August 5, 2005, 12:17 AM
well I was thinking of doing both, and Mike your post about the show is in September they are doing a show there and I believe thats the same day as the Queen Mary show which is a big one, for this month So Cal Stangs is doing a cruise to the Museum to tour it, the tour starts at 11:30am and goes for 2 hours (the first hour is guided and the second hour is on our own) so I was thinking that we can join them for the cruise up and do the tour and then we can head over and do a late lunch and have them join us, since everyone should be starving by that point. if we decide to do the tour we have to have a commitment because it is being prearranged with the museum.

here are some of the simple details of the tour thing.....
It's a 2 hour tour with a 1 hour free guided tour and then 1 hour on our own.
Get there at least 10 minutes early.
It's $6 a person to get in. Children under 12 is $2.
Free parking for all Mustangs. Park on the third level.
We need 10+ people to get the deal and the free tour, so come with, after all it's a freaking auto museum!

here is the link to their thread.....
http://socalstangs.com/forums/showthread.p...48&page=1&pp=25

and a link to the museum its pretty big and sick.....
http://www.petersen.org/
I didn't that they had two different events planned at the Peterson Museum until it was mentioned here. I've never been to the Peterson Museum before and this would be a perfect time for a visit, so count me in for the event.
I'm going to talk to my neighbor that has a 1986 Mustang GT to see if he's interested in attending as well.

As for getting something to eat (either before or after the tour) and the location...let's see what happens.
Old 8/5/05, 11:50 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

LOL, ok, so, I take it we are changing the plans...

Hey Rick, go ahead and get it all set up. We need directions to everything, and we need to know where to meet the cruise on the way. Are there going to be spots along the way where they are stopping to pick up more cruisers?

So far I have got:
Me
MikeMcRann
Rrobello
SurfnSoCal (I assume, he and rrobello are attached at the hip )
CA_Stang
incorrigble
Turn2

Possibly GhostGT

I am going to call Stoic today and see if he can make it, and talk to a couple others.
Old 8/5/05, 12:20 PM

so are all these people that are posted as going wanting to go to the museum we need an official head count to give to the museum for the tour????
Old 8/5/05, 12:45 PM

ok there are so far 11 of them so this will be fun, I am trying to figure out the cruise and meet ups along the way, where is everyone located here?

I figure we will be heading up the 5 the whole way so that should make it easy, and I can coordinate our end since most of us are going to be joining in once we plan it I will get your numbers and call as we approach the spots so you can just hop on the freeway.
Old 8/7/05, 01:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

So is the Galley out now?
Old 8/7/05, 09:53 AM

Meeting at the museum then going to the galley for some grub sounds good to me.

The Museum is not too long of a cruise for me, in fact is just down the street from where I work.

I'm in.
Old 8/7/05, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm in for both the museum and grabbing some food.
Old 8/7/05, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@August 5, 2005, 11:48 AM
ok there are so far 11 of them so this will be fun, I am trying to figure out the cruise and meet ups along the way, where is everyone located here?

I figure we will be heading up the 5 the whole way so that should make it easy, and I can coordinate our end since most of us are going to be joining in once we plan it I will get your numbers and call as we approach the spots so you can just hop on the freeway.
Do you need me to work on a route from the musuem to the galley? If so would you prefer freeway or streets?
Old 8/7/05, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

The wife and I are in for the museum and the lunch
Old 8/7/05, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Jessica, you can add one more person (possibly two) for the event on the 21st. I talked to my neighbor today and he's interested in joining us for the day.
He's probably going to be riding with me.
Old 8/7/05, 10:44 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ok, I have got 11 total so far, right???

As it sits right now we are going to go to the Museum, then go to the Galley. If we are all on board for that, I will call and talk to the Manager at The Galley and see what kind of arrangements I can make...

rrobello, what time are we all supposed to be cruising out? It will give me a better idea when to make the arrangements with the Galley.
Old 8/7/05, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Mike McRann@August 7, 2005, 1:12 PM
Do you need me to work on a route from the musuem to the galley? If so would you prefer freeway or streets?

if its scenic I prefer a street cruise, unless its loaded with traffic and would be a pain in the butt, otherwise freeway would be good, probably better anyways if it would be much quicker, I dont know the area, how far is it? you guys make that call and we will do it. Thanks
Old 8/7/05, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=rrobello,August 7, 2005, 9:48 PM]
if its scenic I prefer a street cruise, unless its loaded with traffic and would be a pain in the butt, otherwise freeway would be good, probably better anyways if it would be much quicker, I dont know the area, how far is it? you guys make that call and we will do it. Thanks

I just went on Mapquest and this is what I came up with.
According to this route it should take around 40 minutes to travel from the museum to the galley. I might make some changes to the route to make it easier to follow for everyone, and maybe a little faster.
I'll see what I can come up with.

From 6060 wilshire blvd
los angeles, CA 90036 To 8976 Huntington drive
san gabriel, CA
Directions Distance
1: Start out going East on WILSHIRE BLVD towards S ORANGE GROVE AVE. 0.54 miles (0.87 Km)
2: Turn RIGHT onto HAUSER BLVD. 0.62 miles (0.99 Km)
3: Turn LEFT onto SAN VICENTE BLVD. 0.65 miles (1.05 Km)
4: Turn RIGHT onto S LA BREA AVE. 1.19 miles (1.91 Km)
5: Take the I-10 E/SANTA MONICA FWY EAST ramp. 0.19 miles (0.31 Km)
6: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.39 miles (0.63 Km)
7: Merge onto I-10 E. 3.85 miles (6.19 Km)
8: Take the CA-110 N exit on the left towards PASADENA. 0.51 miles (0.82 Km)
9: Merge onto CA-110 N. 9.19 miles (14.79 Km)
10: Take the FAIR OAKS AVE exit. 0.16 miles (0.25 Km)
11: Turn RIGHT onto FAIR OAKS AVE. 0.21 miles (0.34 Km)
12: Turn LEFT onto MISSION ST. 0.50 miles (0.80 Km)
13: Turn RIGHT onto GARFIELD AVE. 0.75 miles (1.21 Km)
14: Turn LEFT onto HUNTINGTON DR. 3.91 miles (6.29 Km)

Total Distance: 22.65 miles
Estimated Time: 37 minutes 36 seconds
Old 8/8/05, 12:23 AM

is that the fastest way? 40 minutes to travel 22 miles seems long and boring.....
Old 8/8/05, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@August 7, 2005, 11:26 PM
is that the fastest way? 40 minutes to travel 22 miles seems long and boring.....
I'll see what I can come up with as to a faster route.
The information I posted was what Mapquest gave me when I entered the start and end points

Quick Reply: SurfSide Mustangs August RoundUp