West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Anyone buying in Sacramento, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/05, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my rant and I advise anyone who's considering purchasing in Sacramento Area...[attachmentid=10899]DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PLACERVILLE FORD.undefined

I posted last night about this dealership not honoring their word for $500 over invoice. So i went in there and played their "game". And nothing came out of it. I ordered from them on Oct. 28th....black on black, GT, IUP, some other extras...and it just came in last night. 3 months!!!! they verbally promised me $500 over invoice (I know, I know,it's wasn't in writing...a lesson to me). When the car came in yesterday, they called and told me they couldn't sell it for that. The increase...$1200 more than what I was going to pay.

The sales rep had told me: (1) they're having a hard time getting the stangs (v6's in particular) off the lot, (2) someone just backed out on a GT order that now they can't get off the lot, (3) the sales manager who originally okay'd the $500 over was fired, (4)the specific one I ordered is rare to this area and the owner didn't want to o.k. the $500 over invoice knowing he could get a lot more for it. 1, 2, 3 and 4....not my problem!! But it ended up costing me!! So I did their whole song and dance...listened to their bs about how they don't have the authority to "make the decision" to lower the price. Blah Blah. When I jokingly said throw in a free tint job and I'll think about it...well they did...and that's all they did. $100 for a good tint job? Not around here. Oh and for the "confusion" (as they put it), they offered me the "gucci-package" for an extended warranty. haaa. I expected as much. Their offer was still WAY out of the question.

Adding to all this...my sales rep told me that they pushed my order back until they were slow. They had several other people order long after me, who wanted to pay over MSRP, so of course their orders went in before mine. 3 months my sales rep lied to me saying it was a problem with Ford, not their dealership.

I could've had the same car at Frontier Ford in San Jose, CA for the same price 2 months ago! But I waited hoping that Placerville Ford would be true to their word. Not so.

As I was waiting to get the keys from the crooks at Placerville Ford, another customer lingering around stated how unhappy he was with them as well. He bought 9 trucks from them over the years and this was the first time he ran into any problems. Why he said? New owners. "This dealership used to be reputable until Mike Mellow took ownership." This quoted from someone raised in Placerville.

I was refered to Placerville Ford by someone here on the Forum. He ordered after me and I hope that he doesn't have to deal with the same problems that I did.

Good luck to all of you out there...and p.s...even after all this I LOVE MY NEW RIDE!!!!!!!!
Old 2/1/05, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

There is a regional chat forum. Might do better there.
Old 2/1/05, 02:19 PM
Banned

Sorry for all of your headaches. It seems a lot of dealers have "changed" their minds after finding out what the demand on the GT is over the V6.

AT least you got yours. and while you will forget all about this headache....everyday you get to sit in your Mustang GT.........ENJOY.......Here is a banana dance for you.........WELL DESERVED.........oh and Altoids...relax, he just needed some shoulders to cry on.

Moderated Post

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/1/23 at 03:26 PM.
Old 2/1/05, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by PonyGirl@February 1, 2005, 3:22 PM
Sorry for all of your headaches. It seems a lot of dealers have "changed" their minds after finding out what the demand on the GT is over the V6.

AT least you got yours. and while you will forget all about this headache....everyday you get to sit in your Mustang GT.........ENJOY.......Here is a banana dance for you.........WELL DESERVED.........oh and Altoid...relax, he just needed some shoulders to cry on.

Actually, I'm a she . Daddy's girl...grew up around mustangs and my daddy's auto shop. So I guess all the waiting for my dream car is my tribute to him.
My license plate: HAHADAD
He's a little jealous. I would trade him for his '67 (Shelby enginge) anyday though.

Thanks for all the advice/celebratory banana dances!
Old 2/4/05, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear about that dealership. Great thing is you don't have to go back there for future wotrk. If anyone else is looking for a good place in Sacto, Future Ford was fantastic with me.