Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Killed two Stangs with one stone

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/07, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Killed two Stangs with one stone

Ok. I gotta double kill story for you all.

So I was heading to downtown Tampa to meet up with some friends and so I got on I-275 and headed south.
I as I was cruising along, I noticed this yellow 2005+ GT coming up and passing me by.
I was digusted at how this thing looked because it was a ragged piece of junk, which was sad. As it pulled forward in front of me, I noticed that the back bumper had all kinds of scratches and black markings and its duck wing spoiler, on the trunk portion, was gone. It continued moving up through traffic and then I noticed another 2005+ Mustang (mineral grey) pull up behind and beside me. This thing was a riced out piece of junk too. He had white racing stripes, a tacky ground effects body kit, multi-spoke ghetto looking rims, and dual exhausts.
He paused for a second or two and then all of a sudden gunned it. Immediately, I knew it was a V6 automatic by the tone of his exhaust and how it down shifted so I said to myself "Eh! Whatever!". Then I noticed him pass the POJ yellow stang and so the yellow POJ got behind him and they started to speed up. I then said to myself "Oh! Its on now!!", so I down shifted and started to quickly accelerate, but then a mini-van pulled into my lane so I had to slow down a bit and wait for it to move over.
I thought, I was going to lose them, but after the mini-van moved over they weren't that far away so then I down shifted again and quickly caught up to the grey and the yellow mustangs running right beside each other. The yellow mustang saw me pull up real fast behind the grey one and so he quickly moved to the right most lane, for some unknown reason, and then I moved into the center lane. The guy in the grey stang hit the gas again and so I quickly down shifted and the race was on. I quickly overtook the grey stang and shifted lanes front of him to get by a small pickup in my lane. After I shifted lanes and started to pull away, I could see the yellow stang trailing a few car lengths away pass the grey stang. As the yellow stang and I pulled away from the grey stang, the yellow stang continued to trail me by several car lengths, but was never able to catch up.

Yeah. I know I-275 can be really busy, and crawling with cops, but surprisingly, the traffic was very light. It was around 7:30PM and, in a short stretch of a mile, the lanes were clear except for a maybe a few cars spread out from each other. I wouldn't have done it if there was high volume of traffic, but the road was wide open so I took advantage of a small window. Once I knew I had them beat, it was time to slow down because there was a cop leading a pack of cars. He was going a little under the speed limit and, of course, nobody had the ***** to pass him.

Rarely do I ever get challenged while I'm in my Stang, so it was a nice rush to get a double kill.
Yeah boyeeeee!! BRING IT ON!!!
Old 7/3/07, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see you doing something like that, sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the kills!
Old 7/3/07, 10:30 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by photolabgirl77
I can see you doing something like that, sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the kills!
Thanks!
Every once in a while I'll do something like that so it was a nice little rush.
Ok. None for me for the rest of the year.
Old 7/4/07, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jt14894
Thanks!
Every once in a while I'll do something like that so it was a nice little rush.
Ok. None for me for the rest of the year.
Hey, if you have a safe opportunity to get some kills, go for it get the rush! LOL