2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Windows Stickers and Build Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/06, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always let them clean the car. I want to be able to go over the car with a fine toothed comb at the dealer, point out any scratches, so he can note that they were there BEFORE I took delivery. I dont let them touch the scratches though. I polish them once home and let them know if anything was still a problem. It is hard to do this with it dirty.

Mine ended up with one scratch on the right rocker really low so it is nearly invisible,
Old 10/16/06, 07:46 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The "special cleaner" is what they are told to use in the TSB. (TSB# 04-9-6)
A clay bar will only get rid of the rust residue the iron particles (aka rail dust) leave behind. The particles themselves will still be there and eventually rust again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb04-09-06.pdf (10.8 KB, 141 views)
Old 10/16/06, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Safarisun
Great info! Thank you!
Anytime.
Great avatar, BTW!
Old 10/16/06, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want, you can always get another window sticker for your car. When mine came in, I walked into the title clerk's office, and asked her if she could order another window sticker for my car. In 3 days, I got another sticker, but the difference with this one, the sticker still had the boarder still applied (like it gets printed in the factory). The boarder was never peeled away. I then took it out, and bought a frame for it, and use that at car shows. Anyone can request a copy of a window sticker. You just have to go to the dealer where you purchased the car from.
Old 10/16/06, 08:51 AM

I thought you could do that, but the few stories I've heard on here, the dealer said they couldn't (in other words, wouldn't) order one.
If you happen to stop by that dealership sometime, see if they'll tell you what dpt at Ford they ordered it from. That would be some great information to pass along to others here on TMS.
Old 10/16/06, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

StangNut, thank you for posting the TSB for the "special cleaners".

I did a search on the net for the Acid Neutralizer, Alkaline Neutralizer and the Detail Wash with the intention of buying what I need to perform the cleaning. It appears that they come in gallon sizes and each one cost between $80 to $100 bucks!

Unless I can find these chemicals in smaller sizes I dont think I can justify spending $300 bucks to wash my car. I may have to let the dealer do this job. At least I know that a process and special chemicals exist to deal with the rail and factory dust. I will see if my dealer has the chemicals and can perform the procedure.

Thank you for making me an informed owner!

Mark
Old 10/16/06, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
I thought you could do that, but the few stories I've heard on here, the dealer said they couldn't (in other words, wouldn't) order one.
If you happen to stop by that dealership sometime, see if they'll tell you what dpt at Ford they ordered it from. That would be some great information to pass along to others here on TMS.
Jason, I actually work at a dealership, so that may be how I was able to get one. But from what I was told, anyone can get a new window label for their car from the selling dealer. I'll see what I can find out in regards to who to call for one.
Old 10/16/06, 03:13 PM

Mark,
You might try stopping by a really good detail shop to see if they have what you're looking for and would be willing to sell you a small amount if you want to do it yourself. I know the detail guy at my local Ford dealer is real secretive about the products he uses.

Jeff,
Looking forward to hearing what you find out. I might be able to order them if I know where to order from. Not sure if they'd like it if I tried to order a window sticker of another dealership though.
Old 10/17/06, 05:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
If you want, you can always get another window sticker for your car. When mine came in, I walked into the title clerk's office, and asked her if she could order another window sticker for my car. In 3 days, I got another sticker, but the difference with this one, the sticker still had the boarder still applied (like it gets printed in the factory). The boarder was never peeled away. I then took it out, and bought a frame for it, and use that at car shows. Anyone can request a copy of a window sticker. You just have to go to the dealer where you purchased the car from.
Good to know. I asked the guy who did the PDI for my car to save the sticker. He didn't peel the sticker off its backing or simply leave it intact, however. Instead he trimmed the backing from around the sticker and cut off a small part of the sticker in the process . I guess he thought he was doing me a favor .
Old 10/17/06, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Remeber to ask them for a coupon to fill the car up rather than driving it to fill up themselves. I didn't request it, but my salesman knew how **** I was and insisted they not fill it up. Handed me a coupon when I walked in.