2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Where is my car. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/04, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called Ford today to trace my car. They do not know where it is either. I bet if Bill Ford wanted to know where his car was he would get an appropriate answer.
Like I said in an earlier post, I believe they are on a quality hold and Ford will not admit it.
Old 11/1/04, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by jungleman@November 1, 2004, 9:17 PM
I called Ford today to trace my car. They do not know where it is either. I bet if Bill Ford wanted to know where his car was he would get an appropriate answer.
Like I said in an earlier post, I believe they are on a quality hold and Ford will not admit it.
Well, according to my dealer, they are on quality hold, but he said he was told that there's nothing wrong with them. So then, why are they on quality hold if nothing's wrong with them? I can see doing some kind of random inspections, but not holding them for weeks on end, unless there really is something wrong. I'm getting fed up because I already have the paperwork and loan check from my bank, and have had them for about 10 days now. I had gotten all that stuff taken care of because the dealership kept telling me that the car would be in "any day now", and I wanted to have all the loan paperwork taken care of so that when the car got here, I wouldn't have to deal with the bank as well. So now I have the loan secured for the car and ready to go, but no car...I've looked around to try to find another GT on a lot somewhere...if I could find one, I'd go ahead and work out a deal and buy it, but the only ones I can find are V6's, and I want a GT.

I've been doing well so far, I think, with being patient, but it gets frustrating to have people ask me every day "so where's your car?", and to feel like I'm not getting straight answers out of anyone with Ford...

Glad to know I'm not all alone in this boat, though.
Old 11/1/04, 09:18 PM

Your not alone, seams like its a big boat.
Old 11/3/04, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Smile

I'm not sure what is going on. I called Ford Customer Service today and they said they don't know where it is. My dealership received an ETA of 10/12 and I still haven't gotten it yet. I just spoke to my dealer and my status changed from shipped convoy to waiting for final inspection. So it seems like it hasn't even shipped yet.
Old 11/3/04, 08:21 PM

Smile

Originally posted by 169stang@October 29, 2004, 9:33 PM
Hey, I ordered in June, built 9/20, and still waiting. I actually got a call today saying that my car has been sitting at the railhead for the last 3 days, just waiting to be put on a car carrier and sent over to my dealer. So...get comfortable and don't expect it next week. If you do expect it soon, you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment. Patience Patience Patience
Hiya... I also ordered mine in June...My stang was built 9-10 -04 and shipped 9-22-04, and I STILL DON'T HAVE IT!!!! My hubby even works for the dealership where we are getting it from... My salesman is mad that they have already had 6 stangs already come in but not mine.. Mine was ordered way before the ones that came in... The guy's in Kansas where the railyard is are on strike.. so they had to bring in other people to take their place.. That's what my salesman found out...So here I sit waiting ! :angry:
Old 11/3/04, 10:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

It appears that no one can get an honest answer from Ford on the cars that were built in Sept. and scheduled for delivery last month. I have seen enough posts and read all the stories, theory and speculation. It does not take a crystal ball at this point to see that there's a mechanical problem(s) with the car. What other explanation could there be? If it were just a few cars I could see possibly a problem with it going to a wrong dealer but there are too many based on the posts I've read. I'm not going to cancel my order because they found a problem and are going to make good on fixing it, I just want to know what the problem is and when I can expect to get my car. HELLO FORD FOLKS ARE YOU LISTENING??
Old 11/4/04, 12:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

muztang777-Do they need anymore help? I am sure there are serveral people on this board would would be more than happy to go give them a hand. And the cherry on top is that the people here would love the car & care for the car for free better than they guys getting getting paid to. We wouldn't be scraping the bottoms driving off trucks, etc.

Cheers mates
Old 11/4/04, 12:34 AM
FR500 Member

u really must want ur car. I HAVE IT IM HOLDING IT HOSTAGE!! u must pay me for it not the ford dealer.
Old 11/4/04, 07:10 AM
GT Member

Hey BEK, can you tell me what is a reasonable time to wait for an order to receive a VIN? I placed my order two weeks ago. I asked my dealer for a DORA yesterday, but haven't heard anything back. There's only four weeks left until my car is supposed to be delivered (they told me 6wks). My current car is falling apart and I'm tired of it spitting gas at me, having to roll the window down the open the door, replacing oil that has burned up and to top it all off, it's not even my car. My mother passed away a few months ago so I'm just driving it until the lawyer tells me what to do with it. As far as I'm concerned, that car can be taken away at any time. I don't want to waste of bunch of time waiting on an "order" that may or may not materialize.
Old 11/10/04, 05:30 PM
GT Member

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
I got my vin Today and it is alredy being built.

Old 11/10/04, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by icemant180@November 4, 2004, 12:00 AM
It appears that no one can get an honest answer from Ford on the cars that were built in Sept. and scheduled for delivery last month. I have seen enough posts and read all the stories, theory and speculation. It does not take a crystal ball at this point to see that there's a mechanical problem(s) with the car. What other explanation could there be? If it were just a few cars I could see possibly a problem with it going to a wrong dealer but there are too many based on the posts I've read. I'm not going to cancel my order because they found a problem and are going to make good on fixing it, I just want to know what the problem is and when I can expect to get my car. HELLO FORD FOLKS ARE YOU LISTENING??
Remenber that engine manifold problem they were having ?? Maybe it's a hush hush thing with ford or they just don't have all the parts