2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is wrong with these kids today?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/05, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mas35NYR+February 25, 2005, 6:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mas35NYR @ February 25, 2005, 6:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-3RD1@February 24, 2005, 8:44 PM
sound of Twice Pipes; ie: Duel glass packs off a 289 bored out to a 302 with twin 4 Barrel Holly's. Included in this package was triple traction bars; Hurst Racing Transmission & 4 speed and Macpherson struts.....looks can be deceiving B) ). The light changed and I laid rubber in 3 of the 4 gears......smoked the little S**t ! .........Felt good too!

Is it just me or did anyone else get goose bumps reading this?

Thanks for and the pics

My deepest condolences for your loss.
[/b][/quote]

You're absolutely right - 3RD1 had an awesome story there! I kind of dread the day when punks pull up next to me like that and give me an "old man" challenge. It's going to be awfully hard to resist smoking their arrogant a**es.
Old 2/25/05, 08:30 AM
FR500 Member

I personally don't care what the car is... no matter how sad... if the driver challenges you and the timing/situation/surroundings are right, I say make them sorry. A couple weeks after I got my car I was driving along on a small highway, two lanes, one on each side, with no median. A guy who was 19-20 in a riced out Scion XB (the boxy SUV looking one) coming the opposite way rev'ed his engine right in my face as we passed (my window was open) and he had added exhaust- you know, the kind you could fit a cabbage ball into the tail pipe to shut it up. So, I was pissed, because I was half deaf in my left ear now. So, I pulled in somewhere, turned around and followed him a couple miles. He stayed on this one one lane divided highway the whole time, so no chance of getting along side of him. So, I followed him all the way to the Post Office and pulled up right next to him and called him out. First of all, he looked like he was going to crap on himself because he must have thought I was going to fight him. But, I told him let's race. Of course, he said no way and talked about hom much he respects Mustangs and that he was rev'ing his engine to just say hi out of a sign of respect. So, basically I got to make him feel whipped without even having to race. But, my point is... if they have the nerve to challenge you, disrespect you, whatever it may be... they deserve to be stomped. And some might say "pick on someone your own size". But the same can be said for these ricers that think the louder their car is, the faster it goes and get on the side of you at a light blasting the bass in their radios so loud it's practically vibrating their 20" fake spinners off their wheels and then they are rev'ing their little engines that I could fit in the front seat of my car... on the floor. Please keep the rice in the bowl and off the street.
Old 2/25/05, 10:27 AM
GT Member

But, my point is... if they have the nerve to challenge you, disrespect you, whatever it may be... they deserve to be stomped.
I like that!
Old 2/25/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by IWantMyNewGT+February 25, 2005, 5:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IWantMyNewGT @ February 25, 2005, 5:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-3RD1@February 24, 2005, 8:44 PM
Every now and then this would happen when I drove my '66...It was a young punk that totaled it on a joy ride last year :bang:
I'm sure I'll be challenged by all the local rice and pimped-out V6 Mustangs once my GT arrives. The Cobras and 'Vettes probably won't even bother with me. Of course I am too old (at 45) for things such as street racing.

OT--Sorry to hear about your '66. Yours was one of my favorite color combinations. Was she built at the old Milpitas (San Jose) plant? I took a tour of the plant when I was a kid and watched them build '68 Mustangs and Cougars. My Dad's cousin worked at the plant as well.
[/b][/quote]

I have no idea where she was built. I picked-er up at a salvage yard for $500 and after 11 years got her to the shape you see in the photos. Then, sorry to repeat myself, but a warning to all.... the window tint employee took it out for a joy ride and totaled it. Way too much car for the punk. If there's a positive point about this....the settlement is paying for most of my 05.
Old 2/25/05, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

3RD1,

The untimely death of an Emberglo 66, now that hurts! Bet that is quite a story. Seems like you should have gotten a couple 05s out of his employer! Looks like she was a beauty!
Old 2/26/05, 09:11 PM
GTR Member

I cant read page 2? :scratch:
Old 2/26/05, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have an old saying tuner cars at mucle car shows are llike fat guys in speedos...they just don't fit right, and you don't wanna see 'em takin off....
Old 2/26/05, 10:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ta2d1@February 24, 2005, 7:10 PM
It's funny but mustangs seem to be the car that gets the most bad rap from other people especially imports and most chevy and dodge people. but yet it's the car most people want to race. imports really aren't worth the effort unless they have a few grand worth of engine mods ie..(turbo and etc.) there really not that fast. of course there are always exceptions to that ie..(STI's and EVO's) but that's about it.
Umm, there are plenty of stock imports that will beat a Mustang GT.
Old 2/26/05, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tuner cars stink..Plain and simple...f@#$ foreign cars LONG LIVE THE USA
Old 2/26/05, 11:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 26, 2005, 11:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 26, 2005, 11:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ta2d1@February 24, 2005, 7:10 PM
It's funny but mustangs seem to be the car that gets the most bad rap from other people especially imports and most chevy and dodge people. but yet it's the car most people want to race. imports really aren't worth the effort unless they have a few grand worth of engine mods ie..(turbo and etc.) there really not that fast. of course there are always exceptions to that ie..(STI's and EVO's) but that's about it.
Umm, there are plenty of stock imports that will beat a Mustang GT.
[/b][/quote]
That's quite true. And it can be an embarrassing (note spelling) lesson for GT owners.

Having said that, to all those imports that look forward to beating GTs, I have two words for you:
Shelby Cobra...

...or Mach 1.

Then it's buh-bye time. B)
Old 2/26/05, 11:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Next time you get "challenged" by a ricer, look around for a cop, rev it, and let him take off, it's quite amusing.
Old 2/26/05, 11:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also, the insults are why there is a "domestic vs. import" war. Most of the imports are made in America.

I love all cars, it just seems like there was some standard set a long time ago on domestics are totally different than imports and it just stuck. An engine is an engine, regardless of who made it, companies just go about it different ways. I prefer the domestic engine sounds. But, I also like the unsuspecting potential of imports.

Wish I could get a 350Z and Mustang GT, now that'd be great!
Old 2/27/05, 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As far as imports go I really wish they would adjust whatever it is that needs to be adjusted to get these Nissan Skyline GTR's here in the states! I would love to own a Skyline GTR and this isn't something I would call an exotic car. I know they are usually "riced" out but I've seen Mustang "riced" & tortured as well.

Tell me you wouldn't like one of these in your driveway?

What was the topic again? :scratch:
Old 2/27/05, 12:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@February 25, 2005, 5:32 PM
3RD1,

The untimely death of an Emberglo 66, now that hurts! Bet that is quite a story. Seems like you should have gotten a couple 05s out of his employer! Looks like she was a beauty!
You don't see too many of that wonderful color anymore.....much less a fast back. Sweet. (the loss still hurts)

Whenever people would ask what color my car was without seeing it...instead of telling them Emberglow...or Amber Glow..... I'd just say; "Imagine holding a jar of honey up to the sun...that's the color of my car." It was a real head turner....that and the sound of the duel glass packs....
Old 2/27/05, 02:56 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
There is just something Foreign about an import!

kc
Old 2/27/05, 03:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@February 27, 2005, 3:59 AM

kc
So is an Acura TL, designed by North Americans...sourced in North America...and built in Ohio, an import?

What about the Chrysler 300C with drivetrain and suspension components sent directly from Mercedes? Is that still a pure domestic vehicle?

The point is that the lines between imports and domestics is being blurred more and more every year.
Old 2/27/05, 05:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@February 27, 2005, 3:59 AM

kc
Old 2/27/05, 07:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Mas35NYR@February 27, 2005, 2:14 AM
As far as imports go I really wish they would adjust whatever it is that needs to be adjusted to get these Nissan Skyline GTR's here in the states! I would love to own a Skyline GTR and this isn't something I would call an exotic car. I know they are usually "riced" out but I've seen Mustang "riced" & tortured as well.

Tell me you wouldn't like one of these in your driveway?

What was the topic again? :scratch:

Nope.
Old 2/27/05, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 3RD1@February 24, 2005, 8:44 PM
Every now and then this would happen when I drove my '66. I'd just ignore them. Except for this one time 2 years ago

(It was a young punk that totaled it on a joy ride last year :bang: )
The problem with most of the punks driving those buzz boxes is that they don't not thier limitations. "A man has got to know his limitations"

Case in point:

I have had these kids in thier buzzz boxes (you know those cars that sounds like an angry bumble bee in a dumpster) try to race me on my motorcycle from light to light. The results are comical to say the least. Nope, I ain't crankin that many horses but I will have them beat on horsepower to weight ratio everytime. Any fool should realize you are not going to beat a bike off the line driving a Cavilier with an oversized exhaust.

It will be interesting to see when my GT gets here (if it ever does) if temptation will get the best of me
Old 2/27/05, 09:52 AM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by tricksixtyfive@February 26, 2005, 11:28 PM
Tuner cars stink..Plain and simple...f@#$ foreign cars LONG LIVE THE USA
Hey man theres nothing wrong with foreign cars...people have the right to express themselves in any car as they see fit...plus its not ur money they're spending...let them waste 50 grand in a lil 4 banger (not that I would) but thats there choice...plus all the new technology that other import mechanics engineer might or have been included in american cars today so dont bad mouth the otherside because they're doin some good too

Isn't it good for the economy too?...look how much money is in the tuner market...its almost or has reached the billion dollar mark!!

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these kids today?