2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is wrong with these kids today?

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I just had to get this out. I am sitting at a redlight and a little honda civic pulls up right next to me. The 2 guys in it are nd 18-21. The driver starts showing off by reving the engine. I look over thinking that he was seriously trying to be funny. Either one of the guys would look at me. Light turns green and they take off, if that what you wanna call it , of course I play it cool and just laugh . Now this car was probably worth like $4,000 MAX and probably had another $4-5,000 worth of mods in it such as wheels, an exaust that was as big as a basketball, etc. Whats wrong with these kids. I mean I could have embarished these guiys badly but I was too embarished to do so. Its like these other teenagers that take these little cheap cavaliers, hondas to the classic car shows for cars of the 50's, 60's and 70's. I just dont get it.

So if that was not enough I get on the interstate shorty after that incident and a guy infront of me with a BMW sees me and just takes off and then slows down. I catch up with him and I can see him looking as I approached so I start laughing my butt off while looking at him straight in the eyes. He looks at me with an angry look and speeds off to the exit.

I guess thats what happens when you have a car like we do. I dont get because I am not the one that shows off or tries to start a race. I am too embarished to do so. Go figure.
Old 2/24/05, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

no offense but its spelled embarassed. no H

i understand what youre talking about though. you atleast have a gt, I have a 6 and people try to race me all the time. i would love to but i have a much higher chance of being spanked.
Old 2/24/05, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Our cars seem to have that effect on people.. the other percentage just smile and point..
Old 2/24/05, 05:33 PM
GT Member

A guy tried to race me in an accent! He was waiting for the light to turn green almost at the middle of the intersection to get a a better start. It was late, no other cars around, had a couple of beer (just a couple!) and I couldn't resist smoking the guy... Ok absolutely no glory in this, but it was fun anyway and having no race experience I need to practice if I don't want to get smoked by the first WRX. Would give a bad name to the Mustang...
Old 2/24/05, 05:56 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Preacher, I have the same car as you on order.

Is the redfire in your avatar your car? Do yo have a bigger pic of that? Thanks.
Old 2/24/05, 05:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You have 8 and they only have 4, of course they're jealous. And of course I mean cylinders! Envy?
Old 2/24/05, 05:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Preacher@February 24, 2005, 6:36 PM
A guy tried to race me in an accent! He was waiting for the light to turn green almost at the middle of the intersection to get a a better start. It was late, no other cars around, had a couple of beer (just a couple!) and I couldn't resist smoking the guy... Ok absolutely no glory in this, but it was fun anyway and having no race experience I need to practice if I don't want to get smoked by the first WRX. Would give a bad name to the Mustang...

You could have simply yelled "HEY MAN, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU WITH THAT "ACCENT"!!

Old 2/24/05, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

It's funny but mustangs seem to be the car that gets the most bad rap from other people especially imports and most chevy and dodge people. but yet it's the car most people want to race. imports really aren't worth the effort unless they have a few grand worth of engine mods ie..(turbo and etc.) there really not that fast. of course there are always exceptions to that ie..(STI's and EVO's) but that's about it.
Old 2/24/05, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Dustin my avatar is only a quick photoshop I did before I got my car to see if white stripes would look good on Redfire. Still thinking about it but can't decide. BTW you have good tastes! Sometime I wish I had bought black or sonic blue because stripes look great on those colors but I just have to take a look at the deep shade of red of my car and I remember why I chose this color in the first place. It looks great, especially at night! You will love it! Tell me what you think about the stripes...

You could have simply yelled "HEY MAN, I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU WITH THAT "ACCENT"!!
I'll remember that one. Anyway it was -30 Celsius and the windows were frozen closed so he would have had to be able to read on lips!!!
Old 2/24/05, 06:44 PM
FR500 Member

lol im a teenager but i HATE HATE HATE HATEEEEEEE RICERS!!......i will embarrace every single one of them
Old 2/24/05, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't universally diss rice. I had a toe to toe even match with a riced up IS300 on the highway. I have also seen some riced up WRX's that I am pretty scared to take on. I haven't had the ***** yet to go up against an WRX. I am just too afraid I am going to leave with my tail between my legs.
Old 2/24/05, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL doesn't ANYONE here know how to spell "embarrass"?

I have encountered the same problems from some ricers. The ones that really annoy me are the ones who refuse to move over in traffic so you can get in your exit lane.

In fact, my sister's b/f won't even talk to me about cars anymore because I bought an '05 Mustang GT! He hates Mustangs that much... won't even look at it. Then again, he spent over $23k to get a cavilier down to 14.3 in the quarter mile.
Old 2/24/05, 06:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by OBleedingMe@February 24, 2005, 8:58 PM

In fact, my sister's b/f won't even talk to me about cars anymore because I bought an '05 Mustang GT! He hates Mustangs that much... won't even look at it. Then again, he spent over $23k to get a cavilier down to 14.3 in the quarter mile.
And you still let this guy date your sister??? :nono:
Old 2/24/05, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

(shrugs) My parents got divorced when I was 16... I only see my sister every couple months for holidays.
Old 2/24/05, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Posted By Pilot1129...
i understand what youre talking about though. you atleast have a gt, I have a 6 and people try to race me all the time. sad.gif i would love to but i have a much higher chance of being spanked.
I have the V6 as well and Im here to tell ya, its no slouch,you'd be surprised who you can beat. And with a little chip mod and some other minor additions...your styling!!! Through in some 3.73 or 4.10's in the rear with some decent rubber and your laughing...and you still have some $$$$ left over!!!
Old 2/24/05, 07:13 PM
FR500 Member

the heck with rice....win or not i dont care....id take them on and show them whose boss...if im in the mood...
Old 2/24/05, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

I apologize for my generation. I am 17 an have a red 05 v6 w/ a man trans and about 3 or 4 times a day someone asks me if I want to race. I ask what they have and it's always either civic or integra and I just laugh. I have grown men mess with me in traffic (either tailgating or they pass me). I've behaved and have not raced a single one. My friend was just arrested for a false street racing charge so I'm on edge. Apparently cold air intakes, a bumble bee muffler, and neons add at least 100hp! so to the older members i aplologize for the ignorance of my piers.
Old 2/24/05, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It's all about seeing what the "new kid in town" has. A lot of people want to test the waters and see what the '05 REALLY has. I got it ALL the time in both my 5.0's. Even with my second one when it was over 10 years old with 150,000+ miles.
Old 2/24/05, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by pilot1129@February 24, 2005, 8:18 PM
no offense but its spelled embarassed. no H

i understand what youre talking about though. you atleast have a gt, I have a 6 and people try to race me all the time. i would love to but i have a much higher chance of being spanked.
LOL Well brad is just going to have to update these forums by adding a spell check!!! :bang:
Old 2/24/05, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No need to apologize James, at least it is not contagious!

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these kids today?