2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What would you do.. I bought a new

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/07, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150PONY
Well, my view of this issue is different from others doesnt mean I am their buds. I just dont jump on the bandwagon. Anyway, I dont see why you should have to go through all the headache when Fasttoy could just send you a hood and then Fasttoy can work it out with TF. You shouldnt have to.

e.g If I bought a Mustang GT from a dealer and it's a lemon, I dont take it to Ford. I take it back to the dealer have solve the problem. Seem to me like Fasttoy drop the ball and kiss it off.
Did you even read my post when I told everyone That TF asked me to photo the fit and paint process fo their web page they are starting.. Where they asked for it back and that I was doing them a favor by sending it right back. He wanted to check it out before the next batch was made. where TF not Fast toys did the test fit when it got back but did not install the latch ..just bolted to the hinges. I can post a lot more pictures of my bad fit and of the half A$$ one they did when it got back to T.F. Maybe you should have all the info before you start blasting me...Why don't you just skip over this post next time instead of moving it up to the top yourself Esp. since you are talking about something you were never involved in. You are as much of a pain as the hood problem.
Old 11/22/07, 02:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11/24/07, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Bump just for 5150PONY
Old 11/25/07, 05:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, I wont be buying from them either. BTW, does your debit card have the Visa logo on it(or Mastercard for that matter), if it does it should carry the same benefits of a regular Visa. I would call and try to dispute it doesn't hurt to try. I would tell them that the store you purchased it from advertised it as a genuine true fiber part and that they sent you a cheap counterfeit. That should lite a fire under somebody's a$$ and get the ball moving.
Old 11/25/07, 08:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Trufiber fit .However I understand the frustration of the original thread starter. My shop removed the 2 black rubber stops to make it fit but another member w/ the same hood did'nt have to do this I also learned a lesson. It is that I would never buy a fiberglass hood again because it is costing me waay more for prep and paint than the cost of the hood(I went to a custom shop).I would buy aluminum or carbon fiber and pay the extra money.JMO.Good luck on the money returning issue.
Old 11/26/07, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
I would tell them that the store you purchased it from advertised it as a genuine true fiber part and that they sent you a cheap counterfeit. That should lite a fire under somebody's a$$ and get the ball moving.
It may also get you prosecuted for fraud, misrepresentation, etc...
Old 11/26/07, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by futuresvt
It may also get you prosecuted for fraud, misrepresentation, etc...
I believe that if Truefiber insists that nothing is wrong with there parts and that the part you get from the vendor is obviously useless crap then it would be reasonable for anyone to believe they may have gotten a counterfeit cheap imitation whether it is or not. I don't think there would be any grounds for prosecution if I made that claim based on my knowledge.