Old 1/29/08, 08:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
the beamer is built much better than the stang is
Old 1/29/08, 08:50 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Next thing you know, you will be rolling down your window everytime you see one just to hear the V8.
I do this all the time, i think it annoys my wife when we are together and i shut off the radio and open the window to some cars.
Old 1/29/08, 09:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hah I do the same exact thing. But then again, so does she!
Old 1/29/08, 04:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I am not in my mustang, I ride a BMW R1200C. Im not a huge fan of the cars, but they do make great bikes!
Old 1/29/08, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you ever driven a bmw car?? 335? m3?

Originally Posted by jjcastle
When I am not in my mustang, I ride a BMW R1200C. Im not a huge fan of the cars, but they do make great bikes!
the mustang doesnt even come close in any aspect...im not putting down the mustang but i call it like i see it.. like i said before you get what u pay for
Old 1/29/08, 05:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be careful with that statement, but I know how you mean it.

They're not meant to be substitute, or competiting goods. They're designed, built, and targeted towards different people. Because of that, they're going to appeal to different people.

The M3, while a great performing vehicle, is not a muscle car (pahlease, nobody bring up the pony car vs muscle car debate).

The Mustang, while a very nice vehicle, isn't meant to compete with the entry-level luxury market of the 3 series.

Ford makes Mustangs for guys who want Mustangs, and BMW makes X5's for guys who like X5s. They're both nice vehicles, and I'd like one of each. Mustang owners who think they're too good, or too macho, for an X5 etc are just as irritating as BMW owners who snub their noses at mere domestic vehicles.

If this is going to be a 'which is better' thread, then it belongs in that forum. Elvism, it's a nice vehicle, enjoy it. Consider "TheSource" when reading the anti-comments... but we all know you'll miss the personality of your Mustang.
Old 1/29/08, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the area I live in BMWs are a everywhere , they out number 05+ Mustangs. BMWs are very good cars and in some way much better than Mustangs............. If I was to own one it would be a 650 My Mustang looks better and get more looks than all the rest

Edit: BMW..... Bring Money With you for repairs
Old 1/29/08, 06:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
... but we all know you'll miss the personality of your Mustang.
That sums it all up. The Mustang has personality. The BMW is just a really nice mode of transportation.

I had a 5 series sedan. Very nice car. It didn't stir my soul like the Mustangs I have owned.
Old 1/29/08, 07:10 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
That sums it all up. The Mustang has personality. The BMW is just a really nice mode of transportation.

I had a 5 series sedan. Very nice car. It didn't stir my soul like the Mustangs I have owned.
I had a Jeep Wrangler and people would say they were thinking about getting one, and asked how I like it. I was honest:

"It's slow, it's cramped on room, it rides rough, it handles poorly, it's very noisey, and it's horrible on gas."

Their response would be 'So, you hate it?' And I'd say Nope, I absolutely love it. The Jeep's personality made up for all of it's downfalls, actually, some of the downfalls contribute to it's personality. The expression "It's a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand." Really was true for a lot of people.
Old 1/29/08, 08:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I had a Jeep Wrangler and people would say they were thinking about getting one, and asked how I like it. I was honest:

"It's slow, it's cramped on room, it rides rough, it handles poorly, it's very noisey, and it's horrible on gas."

Their response would be 'So, you hate it?' And I'd say Nope, I absolutely love it. The Jeep's personality made up for all of it's downfalls, actually, some of the downfalls contribute to it's personality. The expression "It's a Jeep thing... you wouldn't understand." Really was true for a lot of people.
I've never owned a Jeep, but, I could see one having personality. Most people that drive them seem to be very happy about owning it.
Old 1/29/08, 11:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I test drove a 2007 BMW 328xi vs. a 2007 Mustang GT/CS
The BMW was nice. Great interior, smooth and quiet, nice acceleration.
Oh yeah I drove a Mercedes C230 for a week, it was ok. Pretty quick.
Actually now that I think about it...the mustang handles really poorly....

Beautiful X5, and beautiful interior. What trim is it? The whole front and back fascia all look different. Is this the new X5?
Old 1/30/08, 12:51 AM
Cobra Member

its funny to me when people compare the ride of a mustang vs other cars that you have to pay alot more for. I am not a BMW engineer, nor do I know much about them, but the last time I checked, the M3 and others dont exactly have standard suspension.

Im sure if you paid extra for suspension mods right from the dealer and drove it and compared it to a stock one, you would say the same thing.
Old 1/30/08, 12:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by elvism
the mustang doesnt even come close in any aspect...im not putting down the mustang but i call it like i see it.. like i said before you get what u pay for
So what did you pay for your van? err I mean X5?
Old 1/30/08, 12:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jjcastle
I agree. they are good "touring" bikes, but even the boxercup edition are turds. infact I think they are more dangerous than my CBR1000. My buddy had one and thought he could keep up in the curves, etc, cuz it was a sport type of bmw bikes...WRONG.. its heavy, slow and can barely raise the front tire up. It gave him a false impression that he could ride it hard.
Old 1/30/08, 05:28 AM
Cobra Member

4 years free service for everything!!!except tires

Originally Posted by Rapture
In the area I live in BMWs are a everywhere , they out number 05+ Mustangs. BMWs are very good cars and in some way much better than Mustangs............. If I was to own one it would be a 650 My Mustang looks better and get more looks than all the rest

Edit: BMW..... Bring Money With you for repairs
cant beat that for service
Old 1/30/08, 05:35 AM
Cobra Member

$55 k loaded.....would i pay $55k for a shelby gt 500? no in this

Originally Posted by colbymh
So what did you pay for your van? err I mean X5?
lifetime... $55k for what just to go fast straight...$40k yes but some people are buying shelbys for $60k.. stupid.. i rather buy a regular gt and upgrade it with my own mods and it will be a better mustang then the shelby..or better off buying a vette or a m3.. that does everything better.
Old 1/30/08, 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

So you dont think you could of put 20-25K into your mustang and been better off? Im not saying that would be a smart investment, but that was my point. your comparing the ride of something that costs almost double. Call up BMW and tell them to toss out 20-25K worth of engineering and see how it rides then. In the long run it sounds like you really like the BMW logo, since your already trashing the h#ll out of mustangs.
Old 1/30/08, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

im not trashing the mustang.. i loved it while i had it

Originally Posted by colbymh
So you dont think you could of put 20-25K into your mustang and been better off? Im not saying that would be a smart investment, but that was my point. your comparing the ride of something that costs almost double. Call up BMW and tell them to toss out 20-25K worth of engineering and see how it rides then. In the long run it sounds like you really like the BMW logo, since your already trashing the h#ll out of mustangs.
read my original post...like i said before ..."you get what you pay for""... if i put $20-25k into upgrading a mustang it wouldnt be worth 1/2 as much when i went to sell it.. buying something original always sells better later on.. and like i said before im not comparing my x5 to a mustang.. i bought my suv for the family vehicle

lets end this post....... i still like mustangs.. i get 3 different mustang magazines delivered to my house to keep updated..
Old 1/30/08, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Dont think im beating you up over this. I just like to hear your actual thoughts about both and sometimes it takes constructive arguing to get it all out.

As I also said before, you wanted one, so you should buy one. The main reason I kept arguing it back and forth was because you support your decision to buy your X5 for 55K, but said someone is stupid to pay that for a Shelby.

Anyway..enjoy your new ride. The new smell is a wonderful thing.
Old 1/30/08, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by elvism
read my original post...like i said before ..."you get what you pay for""... if i put $20-25k into upgrading a mustang it wouldnt be worth 1/2 as much when i went to sell it.. buying something original always sells better later on.. and like i said before im not comparing my x5 to a mustang.. i bought my suv for the family vehicle

lets end this post....... i still like mustangs.. i get 3 different mustang magazines delivered to my house to keep updated..
it will end shortly after you stop replying to this thread LOL

Quick Reply: well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer