2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/08, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, my 15 y.o. son is as nuts about Mustangs as I am. He says, "Dad, when you get old, can I have the Mustang?" I just laugh and tell him, "We'll see." He graduates high school in 2011 and at the time my ride will be paid off. Between now and then I'm putting aside a little "paper" every week for a 2010 model and up and give him the 07. Shhhh, don't say anything though..
Old 1/23/08, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elvism
are u talking to me???
Yes, you did create the thread.

My meaning was, I cant believe you will be as happy in your BMW as you were in a Mustang. And since you dont have your actual name on here, I dont know if your a guy or girl.
Old 1/23/08, 10:13 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by colbymh
Yes, you did create the thread.

My meaning was, I cant believe you will be as happy in your BMW as you were in a Mustang. And since you dont have your actual name on here, I dont know if your a guy or girl.
Heck, I didn't know who you were referring to either since you failed to use the quote or post directly after him.

BMW's are nice cars, and since when did they become women's cars? All Beemer's or just the X5?

My names's John, I drive a Mustang, and I'm secure enough with myself to admit that the X5 is a nice car. He got it to replace a lease. Back off.
Old 1/23/08, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

im a dude.. my lease was up on the stang.. i had a great time with it.. i traded in my old bmw x5 2 months before so i needed another suv for the family.. in the meantime i bought my dads honda accord for everyday use.. ill keep the accord up until the next mustang or camaro or whatever catchs my eye that will be my next sportscar... regarding the bmw its an awsome suv.. if you never driven a bmw then u wouldnt understand.. go test drive an 335i for the hell of it .. i did a race course with a 3 series that involved braking,handling around cones at fast speed.. it was the most fun i ever had..there were other makes there to compare to and none were even close.. i even brought my buddy who is a big time mustang guy and he took the test and he was amazed....anyway the mustang is a good bargin for the price.. u cant beat the stang for under 25k w/ 300 hp
Old 1/23/08, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

thanks guy!!! mike
Old 1/23/08, 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

i like the x6, x5's are not my style, but that is nice looking.
Old 1/23/08, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

foreign SUV's are all gay looking lol
Old 1/23/08, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

You ought to be looking at the M3s. You'll get the best of both worlds. BMW engineering and a V8 that hauls booty.
Old 1/23/08, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

yeh, ok!!!!! i guess all the compliments i get from the

Originally Posted by jcopin
foreign SUV's are all gay looking lol
way it looks is nothing. i guess the FORD EXPLORER IS HOTTER LOOKING TO U....end of story ..sorry i even brought up the topic.. THIS TOPIC WAS NOT TO COMPARE THE MUSTANG TO THE BMW FYI...meanwhile never mind that i had one of the first 05 stangs and FIRST AUTOMATICS done up by JDM . i never said anything bad about mustangs!! i would spend hours on the website reading up on the stang.
Attached Thumbnails well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer-imgp3802.jpg   well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer-imgp3801.jpg   well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer-imgp3797.jpg  
Old 1/23/08, 10:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tis cool, you have to consider some people's logic (or lack thereof) when making arguements. Enjoy the X5, don't let a few stupid comments keep you from hanging out.
Old 1/23/08, 11:17 PM
Cobra Member

John and Dude.

I dont need to back off. And I dont think I wrote on here anywhere that I dont think the BMW is a nice car or SUV. I have driven a M3 and thought it was killer ride. I was very impressed all around.

If you read my comments I have written I have merely said I cant believe "dude" will be as happy with the SUV and not cruising the stang. That doesnt mean I think his choice sucks. Afterall it's his choice and if he wants one, then he should get one.

I also have an SUV. Do I like it?? YES, but I would rather drive my stang anyday of the week. It was more of a ribbing about how he is going to miss it.

Dont take internet forums so seriously. Granted there is such a "lack" of logic and "stupid comments" made from me.

Dude...In the long run, I hope you enjoy your new ride. It is indeed a nice setup as is every BMW. I can say this. Every BMW I have seen that's been in an accident has came out looking d@mn good compared to the other car. German engineering at its best eh..

P.S. You will miss your stang.
Old 1/24/08, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
so what will you be driving when you get rid of the stang?

It's more like what will you be "riding" if you get rid of your Wife?
Old 1/24/08, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

your right!!!!!

Originally Posted by Route 66
It's more like what will you be "riding" if you get rid of your Wife?
Old 1/25/08, 08:33 AM
GT Member

The X5 is a nice SUV, but I'd get bored real quick after the novelty wears off. Whereas I'm still having as much fun driving my GT today than I was when I bought it a year ago.

Some cars are inspiring, the Mustang is one of them. Most other cars are just people carriers.

If I had to go BMW from my GT I would consider a new 135, RWD 300hp coupe with a back seat, the closest thing BMW has to a Mustang, but not an X5.
Old 1/25/08, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What the heck did they do to the front end of the X5 this year?!
Old 1/25/08, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Not just the front. It looks like a Honda minivan from the back.
Old 1/25/08, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sycd
Not just the front. It looks like a Honda minivan from the back.
this picture doesnt do justice to the way it looks.. see one live then judge it.... also u say u had you gt for a year, well i had mine for 3yr .. let me know if u feel the same after 3 years as you did the first day. my next sport car will be either a new generation mustang gt or camaro or bmw 135.. who knows until then
Old 1/25/08, 07:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
i had the older version for 7 yrs. the new is so much cleaner looking.. everyone that has ever seen my truck says its one hell of a good looking suv..complete strangers come up just like they did when i first bought the mustang when it first came out.. this suv was to replace my older model and not to replace the mustang. my lease was up on the mustang and thats why i gave it back. i could have bought it but i felt it was time for my mustang . 3 years i felt was enough of it.. ill wait for the new generation until then..
Old 1/25/08, 10:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kinda like the commercial...

The Caddy commercial...

When you turn your car on...does it return the favor???

In my 'Stang... yeah, it does....

I ALWAYS Smile and answer "yes" when that runs...

Honestly, I would make me sick to have to give up my Ride...
Old 1/29/08, 04:58 AM
GT Member

Best Made Wreck......lol

i couldn t live with myself if i traded in an american ledgend to get a forgein car.with that said, i hope u like the beamer,cause the stang will haunt u soon.

Quick Reply: well today was the day to return my GT to the dealer