2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Updated '07 Ordering Guide! Dvd Nav & Something For G.o Fans!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/06, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Option Code Help

Jeff,

I read your post for the new factory options that just became available. I'm real close to placing an order with my dealer for a Mustang. I told him about the factory remote starter but he could not find it anywhere in the system (as of 11/07). He's going to check with some more sources on Wednesday. In the meantime, I thought I would ask you. Do you have an order code for this particular option? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Frank
Old 11/7/06, 06:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I could answer your questions via PM Frank. I almost forgot, to the site.
Old 11/7/06, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Frank
Jeff,

I read your post for the new factory options that just became available. I'm real close to placing an order with my dealer for a Mustang. I told him about the factory remote starter but he could not find it anywhere in the system (as of 11/07). He's going to check with some more sources on Wednesday. In the meantime, I thought I would ask you. Do you have an order code for this particular option? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Frank
How much is the remote starter option?
Old 11/8/06, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER77
How much is the remote starter option?
Hey Jeremy, the prices for the new options aren't on Ford's systems yet. When I went on it yesterday to see if the Nav had a price, it said "Job#2 orders held till December scheduling". I'll take a look later today to see if they added the new options in the system.
Old 11/8/06, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
No remote start for manuals?
Old 11/8/06, 01:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
I'm pretty sure it's against the law to install a remote start on a manual. With an automatic, a car is left in "Park". With a manual, a car has the potential to be left in gear. If you start the car and it's in a gear, it will buck, if not more. I know of people that have had remote starts installed in their manuals but it was a "through a friend of a friend" type thing. Definitely won't ever be available from the factory.
Old 11/8/06, 01:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bigkbull
I'm pretty sure it's against the law to install a remote start on a manual. With an automatic, a car is left in "Park". With a manual, a car has the potential to be left in gear. If you start the car and it's in a gear, it will buck, if not more. I know of people that have had remote starts installed in their manuals but it was a "through a friend of a friend" type thing. Definitely won't ever be available from the factory.
A girl at work has a remote start for her 6 speed manual. She started it up as I was walking behind the car and its reverse lamps lit up. I did a until I realized it was just remote started.
Old 11/8/06, 03:19 PM
V6 Member

Most kits have brake, neutral and clutch safety wires for manuals. Because of this, they're a little more complex and sometimes a few dollars more and usually more for the install. Some require a specific sequence of the driver before it will autostart (basically trying to force the driver to ensure that it is in neutral before leaving the car). Automatics are just easier and cheaper and you don't have to remind drivers to leave the car in neutral.
Old 1/2/07, 03:39 PM
GT Member

Can you give us a copy or a link to print the ordering guide???
Old 1/2/07, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
aftermarket is the way too go. Dont waste you money on factory crap.

i put a compustar in my 2007...has starter for manual tranny. and the best part is that its' 2-way comm with paging on your remote and 2 mile range.

I think Viper has a 1 mile model now..but it's not that great.

Old 1/2/07, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

no its not...sure their are liablities...but companies that develope remote start for manual, have something called reservation mode (thats what compustar calls it). other alarms propably call it different.

This is how it works on my car.
1) Park you car...put it in neutral
2) put on your parking break
3) take the key out of the ignition (at this point the car is still running)
4) get out of your car
5) Shut the door
6) Now the car turns off by itself and arms the alarm at the same time.
pretty cool actually.

This way when you remote-start the car...its already in nutreal and parking break is active...so there is no way it can start in gear.
Old 1/2/07, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

jeff,

anything in the order guide on interior options? Are they the same?
Does it look like they reworded the interiors? Namely SAP and ICAP DOVE and Parch?
Old 1/2/07, 04:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that I'd be interested in the fuel door...
Old 1/2/07, 04:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TinPony2
Can you give us a copy or a link to print the ordering guide???
I can't link up the ordering guide the way it is currently, as its in Ford's dealer website, which is password protected. I can try to save it, and then link it up. Better yet, I can save it, and then set it as a PDF file. I'll work on it tonight.
Old 1/2/07, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is a link to the ordering guide. I saved it as an adobe pdf file. Just click on the link below and it should be good.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
07mustangorderingguide.pdf (344.3 KB, 185 views)
Old 1/2/07, 04:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
jeff,

anything in the order guide on interior options? Are they the same?
Does it look like they reworded the interiors? Namely SAP and ICAP DOVE and Parch?
Hey Cannonballer, the info listed for the interiors are pretty much the same. The updated version was for the dealer-installed options and such.
Old 1/2/07, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Cannonballer, the info listed for the interiors are pretty much the same. The updated version was for the dealer-installed options and such.
actually they did correct it a bit...(but only a bit). It say now says the that PremTrim is availabe in Black, Red, Chomois...(so delete Dove and Parchment)...which is now correct.

Which they had it right the first time around, wouldn't been such a shock to discover i actually got SAP instead of ICAP for the price of ICAP.
Well at least ford refunded me for that.

thanks for the info