2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Updated '07 Ordering Guide! Dvd Nav & Something For G.o Fans!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/06, 12:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Updated Order Guide: Dvd & G.O. News!!!

Just got done printing the updated ordering guide for the Mustangs. A few things stand out for Job#2.

DVD-Based Navigation System- Now available for the Mustang. There are a few restrictions on this option. Its available on the V6, but you need the T/C & ABS option. Its also not available with the standard CD radio in the Deluxe cars, nor is it available with the Shaker 1000.

Remote Start- You can order a car (automatic ONLY) with remote start pre-installed. There are a few other options that you can get preinstalled.

Mobile-Ease Bluetooth. (Not available on Convertibles) This is for any Bluetooth compatible

Splash Guards, rear only- N/A on Cali Special.

Aluminum Fuel Door- Painted Aluminum

And lastly, for all of the Grabber Orange lovers out there:

California Special now available in Grabber Orange!!!!

The only thing I am disappointed with, is that they didn't list option code 54U, the Shelby GT upfitter package. This means that we will be having another update maybe sometime near the end of the year. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 11/3/06, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the news!!!
Old 11/3/06, 02:01 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Thanks Jeff
Old 11/3/06, 03:15 PM

How much would a 07 GT coupe, auto with navi and remote cost round bout?
Old 11/3/06, 03:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Figure that the Nav option should run anywhere from $1,800 to $2,000. I didn't do a price out as of yet. I will later tonight, if I have the time.
Old 11/3/06, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Please tell me the the GO California Special has an option for an "ALL" black interior, and not that C rappy dove or camel two tone interior option......
Old 11/3/06, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Fast351
Please tell me the the GO California Special has an option for an "ALL" black interior, and not that C rappy dove or camel two tone interior option......
Sorry Fast, no go. . The only color you can get with the Grabber Orange in a GT/CS is the Black/Parchment interior, with the black roof. I sure hope that this was an error, or that they change this, since the other 4 colors available in a GT/CS can get either black/tan or black/dove.

Oh, I tried to price up a GT with the Nav. When I entered code 58X, and hit enter, the system said "option not valid with body/trim". I guess Ford hasn't updated their computers yet.
Old 11/3/06, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I will no longer lose sleep after ordering a Job #1 car and thinking I should have waited for the nav...I've got the Shaker 1000 and wouldn't want to give that up.

For those of you that want an affordable alternative...the Garmin C330. West Marine has it on sale for $399 often. Touch screen and every street and point of interest in the 48 states comes preloaded. Blows the factory nav in my Lexus away (and that's a great unit). I love my C330 for the Mustang.
Old 11/3/06, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Parchment and Orange??? Boy I don't know about that. Sounds like a ball drop to me, not really thought out that well. I'd be willing to bet that most people on this site would opt for all black interior's if GO was the exterior color they were going with. I really wish that all black was was an option for all GT/CS cars. The two tone interior is nice, just not for me. Dissapointed.......................
Old 11/3/06, 05:34 PM

That really ****es me off. I would have ordered the Navigation. How hard would it be to install it do you think?
Old 11/3/06, 05:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2007redgt
That really ****es me off. I would have ordered the Navigation. How hard would it be to install it do you think?
William, your just better off getting an aftermarket system from Pioneer, if you want an in-dash setup. Personally, for how much this will most likely cost, a portable TomTom, or Garmin is such a nicer choice.
Old 11/5/06, 09:29 AM
TPA

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Oh, I tried to price up a GT with the Nav. When I entered code 58X, and hit enter, the system said "option not valid with body/trim". I guess Ford hasn't updated their computers yet.
05fordgt, Is there a specific date for job 2 cars? Does Ford need to update their computer prior to ordering the navigation option or is just the pricing not available yet? I've been waiting to order a car since June. Thanks , TPA
Old 11/5/06, 02:16 PM

I read it as something for go fans, so I was expecting something that would make the car faster from the factory...
Old 11/6/06, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd like to see a picture of the DVD Nav System
Old 11/6/06, 06:59 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
William, your just better off getting an aftermarket system from Pioneer, if you want an in-dash setup. Personally, for how much this will most likely cost, a portable TomTom, or Garmin is such a nicer choice.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that one. Having experienced the TomTom and Garmins in friends' cars - and having also played with the Ford OEM NAV system that is now available in the Stang - I can honestly say that the factory system is better.

Here's why:

- Made by Pioneer
- Significantly bigger screen
- Greater functionality with the screen (finger dragging map ability)
- Ability to provide voice-prompt turn-by-turn instructions by calling out the actual street names (not just "turn left in 200 meters")
- Better sound quality because it's piped through the audiophile speakers in the car, not the small tinny speakers in the portable unit.
- There were several other cool features I remember noting, but unfortunately, can't recall off the top of my head right now.
- Finally, the Pioneer unit gives you a much better (and probably more reliable) audio deck than either of the Shakers, with a greater range of touch screen control functions. So you're also paying more for a better head unit.

Plus it looks cooler in the center console than the Shakers.

But as 05fordgt has said, if you don't have it currently, I probably wouldn't bother tearing the dash apart to retrofit it, and instead, I'd opt for the best portable system I could find.

What I'm curious about is the wattage output for the NAV system's audio deck, and how many speakers you get. I think that particular unit in other Ford automobiles (500, Freestyle) outputs about 280 watts. It certainly sounded fine in those other vehicles when I heard it.

I'm also curious if the NAV/Audio system works with the iPod jack in the center console.
Old 11/6/06, 07:05 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chorpeac
I'd like to see a picture of the DVD Nav System
Here's a quick, imperfect chop of how the NAV system will look in the Stang, to give you a pretty good idea. My apologies to the owner of this picture for using it without permission, but it was the best one I could find to execute the chop.

Old 11/6/06, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is the NAV backwards compatible with "older" Mustangs? '05... ??
Old 11/6/06, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TPA
05fordgt, Is there a specific date for job 2 cars? Does Ford need to update their computer prior to ordering the navigation option or is just the pricing not available yet? I've been waiting to order a car since June. Thanks , TPA
TPA, Ford just hasn't updated their computers to accept the order of the NAV option, thats what I meant, when I couldn't price it out. Most likely within a few days, the price will be on there. When I get some time, I'll go on there and see if the option price is listed.
Old 11/6/06, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by lmunz22
I read it as something for go fans, so I was expecting something that would make the car faster from the factory...
Lee, thats why I wrote G.O. for Grabber Orange, hence the period between the letters.
Old 11/6/06, 12:36 PM
TPA

TPA, Ford just hasn't updated their computers to accept the order of the NAV option, thats what I meant, when I couldn't price it out. Most likely within a few days, the price will be on there. When I get some time, I'll go on there and see if the option price is listed.
Thanks for the reply, I'm chomping at the bit here waiting to place an order.

Quick Reply: Updated '07 Ordering Guide! Dvd Nav & Something For G.o Fans!!!