2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Two Very Strange Problems

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/06, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have had my stang for about a year now, and these problems are beginning to get on my nerves...

1. I don't have a trunk opening button in my car. I only have my key chain one.

2. When at the gas station, instead of the problem that a lot of people here seem to be having, the pumps always react like my car is full and won't spray the fuel. I try fooling with the pump, but it always happens. I usually have to look for a lucky pump that works with my car in order to fill up.

Anyone else have these problems?
Old 5/4/06, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(use the clutch @ May 4, 2006, 7:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, I have had my stang for about a year now, and these problems are beginning to get on my nerves...

2. When at the gas station, instead of the problem that a lot of people here seem to be having, the pumps always react like my car is full and won't spray the fuel. I try fooling with the pump, but it always happens. I usually have to look for a lucky pump that works with my car in order to fill up.

[/b][/quote]
Do a search there is a how-to for installing a trunk button in the stangs.
There is a TSB for the gas tank. Take it to your dealership.
Old 5/4/06, 07:33 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Welcome to TMS Brian. Heres a list of the TSB's on 06 models.

http://www.badmustangsclub.com/forum...ead.php?t=4637
Old 5/5/06, 10:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(use the clutch @ May 4, 2006, 5:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

yeah the not having a trunk release in the car is a problem i've locked my keys in the trunk and had to wait for someone to bring me my spare. i found that if you push the gas pump all the way in it wont shut off as much but it doesnt work all the time. if its under warranty its better just to take it in to get fixed. i have to take mine in in the next couple of days for that and a couple other things too
Old 5/5/06, 10:39 AM

has anyones trunk gotten stuck? like not popping up when you use the remote? i finally had to take it back to the dealer and ask them why and they jsut oiled it and its good as new now, but i told the guy there should still be trunk release inside!
Old 5/5/06, 10:55 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DropTopSally05 @ May 5, 2006, 9:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
has anyones trunk gotten stuck? like not popping up when you use the remote? i finally had to take it back to the dealer and ask them why and they jsut oiled it and its good as new now, but i told the guy there should still be trunk release inside!
[/b][/quote]

Don't the seats in the verts fold down in the back like the coupes do? If so you could have gotten to your keys that way.
Old 5/5/06, 11:32 AM
GT Member

No, they dont.
Old 5/5/06, 01:24 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(use the clutch @ May 4, 2006, 6:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Wire your own trunk release button. It's easy and works like a charm. Here's a link, best directions are at the end.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=23116
Old 5/8/06, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by WB05stang
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DropTopSally05 @ May 5, 2006, 9:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Don't the seats in the verts fold down in the back like the coupes do? If so you could have gotten to your keys that way.[/QUOTE]
nope they dont fold down but i wish they did. not to many things fit in the vert trunks!
Old 5/11/06, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Pretty sure there's no way that those seat will be able to fold down till we get IRS. Till then, the top coming from above and the axle coming from below leave very little space in between for a pass through.