2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Are there really V6 Haters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, and saying someone who puts a cobra badge on a V6 has an inferiority complex is also an opinion ..

Actually, if I was driving in my car with 3 of my buddies and saw a cobra badge on a v6, that would be the opinion of all of us, not just me.. And like you even said yourself, you would never put such a badge on a v6 . Nuff said.

Old 1/1/05, 08:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+January 1, 2005, 8:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ January 1, 2005, 8:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 1, 2005, 9:54 PM
The V6 is a good option for girls or people who can't afford the GT ..

Umm yea.........The v6 is also a good option for someone who actually OWNS one.........WANT ME TO SHOUT IT?
I AM A FEMALE, AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MY V6 MUSTANG......so what if you don't.
Its a mustang..........
Same as a cobra, mach one, bullitt, gt, vert................There ain't a frigging thing in the world wrong with it. [/b][/quote]
I believe it is the same as a mustang, but not a SE model. I agree there is NOTHING wrong with it, just not my kinda car.
Old 1/1/05, 08:29 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+January 1, 2005, 9:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ January 1, 2005, 9:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 1, 2005, 9:54 PM
The V6 is a good option for girls or people who can't afford the GT ..

Umm yea.........The v6 is also a good option for someone who actually OWNS one.........WANT ME TO SHOUT IT?
I AM A FEMALE, AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MY V6 MUSTANG......so what if you don't.
Its a mustang..........
Same as a cobra, mach one, bullitt, gt, vert................There ain't a frigging thing in the world wrong with it. [/b][/quote]
Allow me to spell it out for you:

Bullitt-mustang
Cobra-mustang
GT-mustang
Roush-mustang
Saleen-mustang
v6-mustang....
Convertible-mustang.
Mach one- mustang
Boss-mustang
California Special-mustang
Shelby-Mustang..................

Every one of those is a mustang.........To each his own preference......and to none should shame be given for the one they pick.

Your choice to put mine down, is your choice alone. You are not driving her- I AM!
Old 1/1/05, 08:30 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

hey...in stoplight to stoplight dragging the V6 just might take the V8...
Old 1/1/05, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 3:31 AM
Yes, and saying someone who puts a cobra badge on a V6 has an inferiority complex is also an opinion ..

Actually, if I was driving in my car with 3 of my buddies and saw a cobra badge on a v6, that would be the opinion of all of us, not just me.. And like you even said yourself, you would never put such a badge on a v6 . Nuff said.

If that is your opinion and theirs that is fine as it is still a free country, and I personally have no problem with that. However, sometimes our opinions need to be kept to ourselves if they can not be said in a manner that is polite.

To say you don't like Cobra emblems on a V-6 is an opinion, to say anyone who does it is mental is a rude opinion. Get it?
Old 1/1/05, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

a v6 mustang isnt a mustang its a freaking underpowerd turd......if you get a convertible with automatic thats worse......well i could see some use in it......i could see a grandma getting her groceries with it wile i could beat her with my ford taurus....and yea its not fast,if you want a v6 why not go out and buy a FESTIVA they come equpped with a whole tire frying 65 horse power and there cheaper and there 4 cylinders. point is a mustang isnt worth looking at or buying if its a v6. the mustang became a muscle car with the v8.....i havent it seen a v6 make a legend in muscle car catagories. HEY PEOPLE ITS JUST MY OPINIOn
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rex@January 2, 2005, 3:33 AM
hey...in stoplight to stoplight dragging the V6 just might take the V8...
Only with a very modded V-6 or a very poor V-8 driver.
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmmmm.....I sense a coming.....
Old 1/1/05, 08:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TomServo92@January 2, 2005, 3:36 AM
Hmmmm.....I sense a coming.....
We can hope
Old 1/1/05, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

But once more with out the V6 we would not even be on a Mustang site posting under the 05 mustang link.
Old 1/1/05, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jsaylor@January 1, 2005, 9:06 PM
I just do not get it with the anti V-6 people. I will say, I am abit dissapointed that even Ford seems to take a "the V-6 is the car for people who cannot afford a GT approach", but I think the did a much better job on the 05 and potential oozes from this car.

As a matter of fact, I intially planned to buy a GT come spring, but recently decided I would buy a V-6 instead. Why. For one the car is well over 4-grand cheaper than a comparable GT optioned the way I want it. Secondly the insurance is cheaper and this and the payment come out to about 150 dollars difference a month.

That is nearly a 2-thousand dollar a year difference (I did not include the better mileage the V-6 will get either), and for that amount of money I just might be tempted to void the daylights out of my warrant and try to throw together a Cosworth headed 4.0L DOHC V-6 for the car!

That, a set of 18" wheels, the GT's rear sway bar, and we are in business.
This right here is what I find hilarious about V6 owners.. Look at all the contrdictions in one post.. contradiction after contradiction.. Funny.

First, the person says - " I will say, I am abit dissapointed that even Ford seems to take a "the V-6 is the car for people who cannot afford a GT approach"

Then, in the very next paragraph says - " I intially planned to buy a GT come spring, but recently decided I would buy a V-6 instead. Why. For one the car is well over 4-grand cheaper than a comparable GT optioned the way I want it. Secondly the insurance is cheaper"

If anything, this person has supported Ford's view on the v6..

Then, if it doesn't get even more unbelieveable, this person says the v6 is "comparable to the GT" . Then later mentions how she wants to put a "GT away bar" on her v6 of course wanting people to "think" it's a GT ..

v6 owners are full of contradictions, always trying to make their car more than what it is .. Why can't these people be REAL ? And not fake ? Be REAL and buy the REAL car you are trying to emulate all of the time..

No, don't put a cobra sticker on your v6 and be laughed at.. But buy a v6 sticker and put it there. Why can't you be real ?? And if your car is really as awesome as you say it is, you should have no problem putting a v6 sticker there instead.

*disclaimer - this does not apply to all v6 owners, some know what they have. Not like others who try to make the car what it isn't.
Old 1/1/05, 08:48 PM
GTR Member

Old 1/1/05, 08:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Domainer+January 2, 2005, 3:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domainer @ January 2, 2005, 3:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jsaylor@January 1, 2005, 9:06 PM
I just do not get it with the anti V-6 people. I will say, I am abit dissapointed that even Ford seems to take a "the V-6 is the car for people who cannot afford a GT approach", but I think the did a much better job on the 05 and potential oozes from this car.

As a matter of fact, I intially planned to buy a GT come spring, but recently decided I would buy a V-6 instead. Why. For one the car is well over 4-grand cheaper than a comparable GT optioned the way I want it. Secondly the insurance is cheaper and this and the payment come out to about 150 dollars difference a month.

That is nearly a 2-thousand dollar a year difference (I did not include the better mileage the V-6 will get either), and for that amount of money I just might be tempted to void the daylights out of my warrant and try to throw together a Cosworth headed 4.0L DOHC V-6 for the car!

This right here is what I find hilarious about V6 owners.. Look at all the contrdictions in one post.. contradiction after contradiction.. Funny.

First, the person says - " I will say, I am abit dissapointed that even Ford seems to take a "the V-6 is the car for people who cannot afford a GT approach"

Then, in the very next paragraph says - " I intially planned to buy a GT come spring, but recently decided I would buy a V-6 instead. Why. For one the car is well over 4-grand cheaper than a comparable GT optioned the way I want it. Secondly the insurance is cheaper"

Then, if it doesn't get even more unbelieveable, this person says the v6 is "comparable to the GT" . Then later mentions how she wants to put a "GT away bar" on her v6 of course wanting people to "think" it's a GT ..

v6 owners are full of contradictions, always trying to make their car more than what it is .. Why can't these people be REAL ? And not fake ? Be REAL and buy the REAL car you are trying to emulate all of the time..

No, don't put a cobra sticker on your v6 and be laughed at.. But buy a v6 sticker and put it there. Why can't you be real ?? And if your car is really as awesome as you say it is, you should have no problem putting a v6 sticker there instead.

*disclaimer - this does not apply to all v6 owners, some know what they have. Not like others who try to make the car what it isn't. [/b][/quote]
I never contradicted myself, and from your spelling I do not think you want to get in a debate with me about the finer points of the english language. (unless you missed it that was a rude opinion) I am dissapointed with how Ford markets the car, and their attitude toward the kind of options they tend to put on the majority of V-6 cars. I am not dissapointed with the car itself, and I think it does indeed have a lot of potential.

Also, I said I was going to leave the V-6 in the car, so what other car exactly am I trying to be? Is there a V-6 special edition I am unaware of? I find the V-6 car interesting for several reasons and it being less expensive is simply an added benefit. I have always wanted a car with Cosworth power, and this is a great opportunity to get one by converting the car to the DOHC Cosworth heads. The fact that I can do that with cheaper insurance and for less intitial outlay sounds good to me.

And, that last comment where you try to make nice with typical V-6 owners is somewhat pointless now. The cow already left the barn.
Old 1/1/05, 08:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 2, 2005, 3:51 AM
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 1/1/05, 08:55 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jsaylor@January 1, 2005, 9:52 PM
And, that last comment where you try to make nice with typical V-6 owners is somewhat pointless now. The cow already left the barn.
Does a cow have 6 or 8 udders
Old 1/1/05, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jsaylor+January 1, 2005, 9:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jsaylor @ January 1, 2005, 9:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 3:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jsaylor
@January 1, 2005, 9:06 PM

*disclaimer - this does not apply to all v6 owners, some know what they have. Not like others who try to make the car what it isn't.
I never contradicted myself, and from your spelling I do not think you want to get in a debate with me about the finer points of the english language. (unless you missed it that was a rude opinion) I am dissapointed with how Ford markets the car, and their attitude toward the kind of options they tend to put on the majority of V-6 cars. I am not dissapointed with the car itself, and I think it does indeed have a lot of potential.

Also, I said I was going to leave the V-6 in the car, so what other car exactly am I trying to be? Is there a V-6 special edition I am unaware of? I find the V-6 car interesting for several reasons and it being less expensive is simply an added benefit. I have always wanted a car with Cosworth power, and this is a great opportunity to get one by converting the car to the DOHC Cosworth heads. The fact that I can do that with cheaper insurance and for less intitial outlay sounds good to me.

And, that last comment where you try to make nice with typical V-6 owners is somewhat pointless now. The cow already left the barn. [/b][/quote]

Again, your post shows how petty you truly are.. Because I made a "typo" error on "contradiction" leaving out the "a" , all of a sudden I don't know how to spell ( and considering english is my third language I think my spelling is just fine, english is prolly your 1st and ONLY language) .

Pathetic, considering you spelled "initially" and "warranty" wrong .. Grow up . Then buy a real car..
Old 1/1/05, 08:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rex+January 2, 2005, 3:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rex @ January 2, 2005, 3:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jsaylor@January 1, 2005, 9:52 PM
Does a cow have 6 or 8 udders [/b][/quote]
roflmao. The ones with six udders are stupid!
Old 1/1/05, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the V-8 will stay forever, or at least it better. I would never make fun of a
V-8 powered Ford, unless it was ricerized or a Fungus.
the point i was making was not that we dont want the V8 to surive, its that it wouldnt have w/o the V6

Ha Ha, Not very Funny, or nice actually.
niether is the 'Lets ban the Mustang V6" idea of yours

a v6 mustang isnt a mustang its a freaking underpowerd turd......if you get a convertible with automatic thats worse......well i could see some use in it......i could see a grandma getting her groceries with it wile i could beat her with my ford taurus....and yea its not fast,if you want a v6 why not go out and buy a FESTIVA they come equpped with a whole tire frying 65 horse power and there cheaper and there 4 cylinders. point is a mustang isnt worth looking at or buying if its a v6. the mustang became a muscle car with the v8.....i havent it seen a v6 make a legend in muscle car catagories. HEY PEOPLE ITS JUST MY OPINIOn
oh boy. you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. opinions are nice, as long as they arent dissing someone else. Cheese boy, ur just full of SH 100%!and perhaps the V6 didnt make history per se. it DID help that history live and survive to create the mustangs of today. if a mustang V6 isnt worth looking at or buying then uh...why is it there? and how the heck is it making so many sales? answer that cheese for brains

To say you don't like Cobra emblems on a V-6 is an opinion, to say anyone who does it is mental is a rude opinion. Get it?
Amen to that brutha. how could anyone call someone mentally ill for badges. no i wouldnt do the badges but still that is no reason to say something like that.

saying something like that aint an opinion, its being a Mother F A wipe.

also i think anyone without crap (or cheese) for brains can figure out that what april(eleanorsmine) meant by:
Its a mustang..........
Same as a cobra, mach one, bullitt, gt, vert................
it means that all these are still mustangs. and all of them deserve respect for being such. or is that to hard for you haters to understand
Old 1/1/05, 09:00 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 9:51 PM
stupid is right
Old 1/1/05, 09:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 3:59 AM
Pathetic, considering you spelled "initially" wrong .. Grow up . Then buy a real car..

Actually, considering that I put a misplaced letter t after the letter n I would think that is a pretty obvious typo. And, the word was initial, not initially. Secondly, are we having a langauge competition now? Are people who speak less than 8 langauges stupid? What if they only speak 6?

I don't speak 6, but I do speak more than one langauge, I even have a generic working knowledge of Arabic

Quick Reply: Are there really V6 Haters out there?