2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Are there really V6 Haters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B) I have read a few posts on different forums, where the posters whole reason for posting was to bash the V6 Mustang. I don't understand this mentality; is not a Mustang a Mustang? I mean is the size of the engine in a Mustang what makes it a Mustang? I think not. If it's the go fast thing, well there is always somebody out there that can smoke your butt no matter what you are driving. I have a V6 and find the car to be a blast to drive, and as far as it's power, (or lack of depending on your perspective) it has more power than any other V6 I have ever driven, and I have driven a few (49 years old mind you).The 05 Mustang is a beautiful car, if it's a GT that you need, then by all means lay down the cash and go have fun. But if a V6 will do for the majority of the population, why the bashing from the GT owners? I love the Mustang GT or V6 doesn't matter a Mustang is a Mustang. And this coming from a die hard Chevy man.
Old 1/1/05, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I agree with you. The V6 Stang is one reason we still have a Mustang at all. Without those extra sales the V6 generates, the Mustang would be as dead as the F-bodies or (worse IMHO) a small coupe based on the Focus (for all you Focus fans out there, no slight intended. I just don't think it's the right platform for the Mustang).
Old 1/1/05, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats you are the 100,000,000th person to start up a v6 hater thread.

Jokes aside. The only people that truly hate a v6 can't afford to buy one theselves anyway. I want a gt but still think the v6s are very cool.
Old 1/1/05, 09:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Some people who will remain nameless....
Have a pickle up their bum and think the V6 mustang isn't worthy of the name for some reason.

Mustangs are mustang, 4, 6 or 8
They may be slower etc, but they are still stangs.

Some V6 mentality ticks me off, just as much as some v8 mentality.
Old 1/1/05, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Do I get a Prize..LOL No really you'll have to forgive me....as I stated in my previous post, I came over from the "darkside"(Chevy which hasn't built a darn thing worth owning for a while now) . So the V6/GT thing is new to me. Ford designers have hit a nerve with this Mustang it's a beautiful thing!
Old 1/1/05, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah there are a few around here... Really makes me angry, and the sad thing is I don't even think he has a mustang.
Old 1/1/05, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 10:00 AM
I agree with you. The V6 Stang is one reason we still have a Mustang at all. Without those extra sales the V6 generates, the Mustang would be as dead as the F-bodies or (worse IMHO) a small coupe based on the Focus (for all you Focus fans out there, no slight intended. I just don't think it's the right platform for the Mustang).
That's no joke, just think in the 80's Ford almost replaced the stang altogether with the probe.After a lot of input (mail) from Mustang enthusiasts they changed there minds. (I think thats the story)
Old 1/1/05, 09:42 AM
GT Member

V6 has nearly as much HP as my '90 5.0L.
Just some "trolling".
Old 1/1/05, 10:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Conundrum@January 1, 2005, 11:45 AM
V6 has nearly as much HP as my '90 5.0L.
Old 1/1/05, 10:22 AM
I'm people, and I like.

The V6's are amazing cars!
Old 1/1/05, 11:05 AM
I Have Admin Envy

There are some negative attitudes towards V6's on the board, but I feel that for the most part people keep an open mind around here.
Old 1/1/05, 11:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I love mine dearly, and wouldn't have her any other way. My 6 is perfect.
Old 1/1/05, 11:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

I look at it this way, if the GT is a good deal with 300hp for 25k how good of a deal is the V-6 with over 200hp at 20k? When the time comes it would be nice if Ford put the updated 3.5L V-6 (supposed to be 270hp if I recall) in the pony, but I am just glad there is a V-6 pony at all and the current V-6 car is a screaming deal.

Also I believe real Mustang fans appreciate every Mustang wether they love the model or not, because they all helped keep the pony alive. And, as a certain snooty woman doing time used to say "That's a good things"
Old 1/1/05, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree the V6 is a great car and it's a Mustang. I happen to have a V8 but I have nothing against a V6. I also have a Contour SVT V6 and I love it as much as the V8. To each his own.
Old 1/1/05, 11:34 AM
Cobra R Member

No Problems from me...... I love all Mustangs, and heck, I almost bought a V-6 anyways.
Old 1/1/05, 12:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by 05V6@January 1, 2005, 9:54 AM
B) I have read a few posts on different forums, where the posters whole reason for posting was to bash the V6 Mustang. I don't understand this mentality; is not a Mustang a Mustang? I mean is the size of the engine in a Mustang what makes it a Mustang? I think not. If it's the go fast thing, well there is always somebody out there that can smoke your butt no matter what you are driving. I have a V6 and find the car to be a blast to drive, and as far as it's power, (or lack of depending on your perspective) it has more power than any other V6 I have ever driven, and I have driven a few (49 years old mind you).The 05 Mustang is a beautiful car, if it's a GT that you need, then by all means lay down the cash and go have fun. But if a V6 will do for the majority of the population, why the bashing from the GT owners? I love the Mustang GT or V6 doesn't matter a Mustang is a Mustang. And this coming from a die hard Chevy man.
I agree with you Larry. I think the V6 is a great car. I test drove a Black V6 5 speed manual last week and really enjoyed it.

V6 5 speed Manual Test Drive

I also noticed that the Dealership had around 10 V6's, and only 1 GT. So, I think that you might start to expect some big discounts on the V6 Mustang in the next couple of months as they pile up at the Dealerships. B)

I think the V6 is going to be a even better deal pretty soon!
Old 1/1/05, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05V6@January 1, 2005, 9:54 AM
Well Larry, some people have a very low mentality rate. Talk about someone smoking someone else's butt, Ever see a V6 take a V8? It's a sight to behold! I can remember back in the early 70's when there was a 48 Anglia with a V6 that use to run at the local drag strip. [I think they trailored it in from Ontario] because it only showed up once in a while. They called it the "Henry J". Ran with slicks to, and it ran down around the low to mid 12's! How's that for gettin down with a 6? Actually it was kind of neat, seeing a V6 blow the doors off a V8! I often think, how many on this board have had the pleasure of seeing that? :shock:

It's the same old story; HP=$ ! If you want to dump enough money in your 6, you can make it go!
Old 1/1/05, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 1, 2005, 1:16 PM
My 6 is perfect.
Old 1/1/05, 01:33 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by HUGLE+January 1, 2005, 3:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HUGLE @ January 1, 2005, 3:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@January 1, 2005, 1:16 PM
My 6 is perfect.
[/b][/quote]
Not that one!
The one outside that has an engine and drives and stuff

Dadblast, didn't even connect those two! :hiding:
Old 1/1/05, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have always been a Chevy guy and never liked the Mustang except for the 65 - 68 model years and have always loved the Shelby Mustang GT cars through those years. When I saw the "retro" 05 Mustang it struck a nerve with me and I opted to get one. I love the styling of these cars and V6 or V8 it is one heck of a good looking car.

Quick Reply: Are there really V6 Haters out there?