2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Are there really V6 Haters out there?

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/05, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+January 1, 2005, 7:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 BULLITT @ January 1, 2005, 7:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by Galaxie@January 1, 2005, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 8:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200
@January 1, 2005, 6:55 PM
I dislike the V-6 due to its lack of performance and performance parts and lack of good looks, no offense, just my opinion.

Is that a reason to do away with the V6? I'd say anyone that thinks so is pretty short-sighted IMO.

Without the V6 sales, V8 Mustangs would cost signficantly more than they do now.

Exactly.
Plus, they look better than 99% of other wimpy cars. [/b][/quote]
Exactly (again).

Woohoo! I had to do it to hit 500 posts!
Old 1/1/05, 06:27 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 1 BULLITT+January 1, 2005, 7:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 BULLITT @ January 1, 2005, 7:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by Galaxie@January 1, 2005, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by TomServo92@January 1, 2005, 8:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200
@January 1, 2005, 6:55 PM
I dislike the V-6 due to its lack of performance and performance parts and lack of good looks, no offense, just my opinion.

Is that a reason to do away with the V6? I'd say anyone that thinks so is pretty short-sighted IMO.

Without the V6 sales, V8 Mustangs would cost signficantly more than they do now.

Exactly.
Plus, they look better than 99% of other wimpy cars. [/b][/quote]
Old 1/1/05, 06:39 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dont get me wrong ppl. im usually a mild tepered dude. but V6 haters **** me off like heck. you have no idea. its still a mustang. its still got that great heritage, its just a smaller little brother of our beloved GT.

do you view your younger siblings as pure failures in life that should be banned from society just for being the smaller one? dont think so. same thing applies with the Mustang Family.

and for u V8 owners i have a Q: if you had a Cobra would you bash the GT for having less power?

i've never seen a cobra owner bash the GT. ever. why should the bashing happen to the V6?

and the same goes for ALL negelected stangs: the 2.3L, the II, all of them. no matter what. as long as its a mustang, it should be respected for being a mustang. thats all there is to it. Just live and let live. Be happy your V8s are still even alive.

shame on you for hating the V6

*note: this post applies to all V6 haters, not any single person in particular
Old 1/1/05, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 6:55 PM

I dislike the new V-8 because it has a Wicked weak bottom end

I don't like NY.
Do you like anything?
Old 1/1/05, 06:44 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
he likes to diss stuff
Old 1/1/05, 06:48 PM

nnones hating its just not a GT..
Old 1/1/05, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by ooooMustang@January 1, 2005, 7:51 PM
nnones hating its just not a GT..
No, there are haters on the forum and some of them are very vocal about it.
Old 1/1/05, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 6:55 PM
If you think the new V6 mustang lacks in looks, you might be on the wrong board.
Also, give it time. I'm sure if V6ERS want to spruce up their engines a bit, the aftermarket companies will have parts down the road.
Old 1/1/05, 07:18 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Be warned........

Y'all gone wake me up...........

And that isn't gonna be pretty.
Old 1/1/05, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@January 1, 2005, 7:09 PM
I dislike the new V-8 because it has a Wicked weak bottom end, If I bought a 05 I would get a GT and bolt in the 03 Cobra crate motor. Before you all ask y buy a GT. In NY you must have a V-8 vinn number on your car for it too pass emissions testing. I don't like NY.
You don't like the V6 because of it's lack of performance. You don't like the V8 on account of the bottom end. You don't like N.Y. WHAT DO YOU LIKE?
Old 1/1/05, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 1, 2005, 8:21 PM
Be warned........

Ya gonna open up a can o' wup-hiney April?
Old 1/1/05, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 1, 2005, 9:21 PM
Be warned........

And posting nearly 10 times everyday, everyweek, for the last 8 months, it may be awake for a 'good long time too.
Old 1/1/05, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm awake April.......... :bang:

Where's Grantsdale? :bang: :bang:
Old 1/1/05, 07:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

RANT ON!
He done went and made me mad..................

Holy mother! Folks I believe I am fixin a lock this thing down. He done made me mad, cause when they talk crap about a v6- that means they are talking crap about Eleanor, and that just isnt gonna happen with me around here......

Listen up!

If you were blessed enough to actually own a mustang, which by your signature- you arent-Then you might have a little room to talk......but since you don't have one and it seems you want to do little else but put em down, lemme tell you a thing or two!!!!!!
I have waited on this car- lets see, MY ENTIRE LIFE.I raised my kids so they wouldn't ruin it, I saved, made things to sell to make money and worked my fingers to the bone for it. I researched, hunted down and spent every single second of my life when I was not working or taking care of my family making this thing happen.
I looked at every single one of these cars to hit within 50 miles of me,stalked out dealerships, read every article- had articles written on me, Drove a million miles just to sit in and drive one, asked humpeteen questions of all of you(thanks again for putting up with me) and agonized every single second about this car. I bought every magazine out there, aggravated my family, and did little else but plan this car out for MONTHS now. After all of it I decided to go with the v6. NOT BECAUSE I AM A FRIGGING FEMALE! BUT because I can, and I like it.
You know why I like it? Because it appeals to me......
I like the pony badge on the back better than the GT one.....
I like that I have 200 some horses under my hood.......
I like that I am comfy with that because I am not a stock car driver.....
I like the spoiler and stripes.....
I like the way she growls at you when shes drivin- this aint no go cart
I like blasting off from redlights
I like getting the attention a yellow sports car brings me
I like that I have one sitting here- and you don't. So quit your complaining about my v6.
I like my very loud stereo.
I like my steering wheel.
I like my green gauge lights at night.
I like my dashboard.
I like my cupholder.
I like my backseats.
I like the fact that my mustang can send your minivan to bed crying without me lifting a finger to make it happen
I like that my car payment is like $200 cheaper than a GT
I like that I can afford to have zero deductibles on my insurance.
I like my car, so when you talk crap about her, that extends to me and that makes me angry. So, put up or shut up about it. You aren't getting a mustang, you are not interested in owning one- so go back to the rock you emerged from and leave us be.
And you can be warned by any one poster on here- I love my car.........so you can just leave her alone.
Old 1/1/05, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

The V6 is a good option for girls or people who can't afford the GT ..

Old 1/1/05, 07:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Domainer@January 1, 2005, 9:54 PM

Umm yea.........The v6 is also a good option for someone who actually OWNS one.........WANT ME TO SHOUT IT?
I AM A FEMALE, AND I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MY V6 MUSTANG......so what if you don't.
Its a mustang..........
Same as a cobra, mach one, bullitt, gt, vert................There ain't a frigging thing in the world wrong with it.
Old 1/1/05, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Domainer@January 1, 2005, 8:54 PM

Soooooo.....are you saying that a GT is too much car for a girl?
Old 1/1/05, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I test drove a V6 05 Mustang and was very impressed. I finally got to drive a friends new GT 5spd and was VERY very impressed. If insurance and gas is an issue by all means get a V6. There currently isn't a "bad" Mustang in the bunch, unlike some of the weazers in the distant past.

But my general rule is: Get the biggest engine available ;-)
Old 1/1/05, 07:59 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 1, 2005, 8:45 PM
RANT ON!
He done went and made me mad..................

Holy mother! Folks I believe I am fixin a lock this thing down. He done made me mad, cause when they talk crap about a v6- that means they are talking crap about Eleanor, and that just isnt gonna happen with me around here......

Listen up!

If you were blessed enough to actually own a mustang, which by your signature- you arent-Then you might have a little room to talk......but since you don't have one and it seems you want to do little else but put em down, lemme tell you a thing or two!!!!!!
I have waited on this car- lets see, MY ENTIRE LIFE.I raised my kids so they wouldn't ruin it, I saved, made things to sell to make money and worked my fingers to the bone for it. I researched, hunted down and spent every single second of my life when I was not working or taking care of my family making this thing happen.
I looked at every single one of these cars to hit within 50 miles of me,stalked out dealerships, read every article- had articles written on me, Drove a million miles just to sit in and drive one, asked humpeteen questions of all of you(thanks again for putting up with me) and agonized every single second about this car. I bought every magazine out there, aggravated my family, and did little else but plan this car out for MONTHS now. After all of it I decided to go with the v6. NOT BECAUSE I AM A FRIGGING FEMALE! BUT because I can, and I like it.
You know why I like it? Because it appeals to me......
I like the pony badge on the back better than the GT one.....
I like that I have 200 some horses under my hood.......
I like that I am comfy with that because I am not a stock car driver.....
I like the spoiler and stripes.....
I like the way she growls at you when shes drivin- this aint no go cart
I like blasting off from redlights
I like getting the attention a yellow sports car brings me
I like that I have one sitting here- and you don't. So quit your complaining about my v6.
I like my very loud stereo.
I like my steering wheel.
I like my green gauge lights at night.
I like my dashboard.
I like my cupholder.
I like my backseats.
I like the fact that my mustang can send your minivan to bed crying without me lifting a finger to make it happen
I like that my car payment is like $200 cheaper than a GT
I like that I can afford to have zero deductibles on my insurance.
I like my car, so when you talk crap about her, that extends to me and that makes me angry. So, put up or shut up about it. You aren't getting a mustang, you are not interested in owning one- so go back to the rock you emerged from and leave us be.
And you can be warned by any one poster on here- I love my car.........so you can just leave her alone.
The defense rests! B) Well said April!
Old 1/1/05, 08:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just do not get it with the anti V-6 people. I will say, I am abit dissapointed that even Ford seems to take a "the V-6 is the car for people who cannot afford a GT approach", but I think the did a much better job on the 05 and potential oozes from this car.

As a matter of fact, I intially planned to buy a GT come spring, but recently decided I would buy a V-6 instead. Why. For one the car is well over 4-grand cheaper than a comparable GT optioned the way I want it. Secondly the insurance is cheaper and this and the payment come out to about 150 dollars difference a month.

That is nearly a 2-thousand dollar a year difference (I did not include the better mileage the V-6 will get either), and for that amount of money I just might be tempted to void the daylights out of my warrant and try to throw together a Cosworth headed 4.0L DOHC V-6 for the car!

That, a set of 18" wheels, the GT's rear sway bar, and we are in business.

Quick Reply: Are there really V6 Haters out there?