2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Taking car in to have Global Windows and Auto Locks disengaged

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/07, 01:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking car in to have Global Windows and Auto Locks disengaged

I've been having a butt load of problems lately with both of them. First my car rolls it's windows down 3 different times last night while I'm at work & car is parked (no I didn't touch the keys or fob). Then when I unlock the car, it locks itself again with the door still open and no keys in ignition yet. Then when I'm driving down the road the door locks, but then it keeps locking (click...click...click). Tonight it was cold outside when i got off work, and I normally start the car and let it warm up while I'm waiting in the office for my relief person........but I was afraid that my car would lock the doors with the car running & obviously my keys inside too! I called the service dept. answering machine to let them know I will be in in the AM, and that they WILL clear an appt. for me at that time. I want the global window feature disabled (a gimmic I could care less about anyway) and also the auto lock when you put the tranny in gear (automatics). If they give me any flak about not having an opening for my car tomorrow, then they will be informed that if my windows go down in a rainstorm when parked and unnoticed, they will be buying me new seats as well...............
Old 1/8/07, 02:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

I notice you live in WA where I know you get plenty of rain. Have you checked your carpet for moisture near the front passenger side kick panel? There is an electrical box behind the panel. Some posters have been having electrical glitches from water leaks there when it has been raining.

There have been a number of threads on this and other forums on this topic.
Old 1/8/07, 02:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also know several people who have to get the box replaced. When they do no more global windows and now they have daytime running lights.

-Deric
Old 1/8/07, 06:37 AM
ba2

OK, I Give What is Global Windows?

Is this an option I don't have, or don't know about?

Thanks,
Old 1/8/07, 07:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ba2
Is this an option I don't have, or don't know about?

Thanks,
Don't know if it's 'enabled' on your 'Stang, but it's where you hold down on the key fob unlock button for like 2-3 seconds and it rolls the windows down
Old 1/8/07, 07:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
I notice you live in WA where I know you get plenty of rain. Have you checked your carpet for moisture near the front passenger side kick panel? There is an electrical box behind the panel. Some posters have been having electrical glitches from water leaks there when it has been raining.

There have been a number of threads on this and other forums on this topic.
Yep Jim, I felt the carpet last night since we've had a ton of rain......it's dry. That's not to say that computer connections didn't get wet though, and it just wasn't the flood into the interior that I have also read about. I'll let the service dept. figure it out (hopefully), because I don't have the time and/or patience to do it myself........
Old 1/8/07, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Giddyup
Don't know if it's 'enabled' on your 'Stang, but it's where you hold down on the key fob unlock button for like 2-3 seconds and it rolls the windows down
It works like Giddyup says and came enabled on the early '05s only. There were apparently problems with the software (windows opening on their own) so late '05s onward came with the feature disabled.

Too bad Ford didn't just fix the software--it was a very cool feature!
Old 1/8/07, 11:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Well, I dropped the car off this morning for all the electrical issues....or ghost issues. Anyway, I have a rental truck until they figure out what's up.
Old 1/8/07, 12:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Giddyup
I called the service dept. answering machine to let them know I will be in in the AM, and that they WILL clear an appt. for me at that time. ... If they give me any flak about not having an opening for my car tomorrow, then they will be informed that if my windows go down in a rainstorm when parked and unnoticed, they will be buying me new seats as well...............
Ummm... do you really want to antagonize the chimpanzees at a service department?

Bad things might happen to your Pony once it's left in their tender, gentle care...
Old 1/8/07, 02:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Ummm... do you really want to antagonize the chimpanzees at a service department?

Bad things might happen to your Pony once it's left in their tender, gentle care...
Yeah, you're probably right, it's just that I have had the car in to them what seems like every 3rd week for the last 6 months.......and it does get a little tiring sometimes.
Old 1/8/07, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

Sure hope my windows and locks don't start doing that, haven't had a problem with it yet. Did your's always do it or is it something that just started up?

The window down feature is wasted on me, the only time I use it is to mess with my friends. "dude you park your car with the windows down!? are you crazy?"
Old 1/8/07, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by nynvolt
Sure hope my windows and locks don't start doing that, haven't had a problem with it yet. Did your's always do it or is it something that just started up?

The window down feature is wasted on me, the only time I use it is to mess with my friends. "dude you park your car with the windows down!? are you crazy?"
Bought my car in Nov. '04 and this is the first time this has happened. I took my car in this morning at 7:00 AM, and the service dept. closes in about a half hour and they haven't called me, so they must have found something........ or they parked it in a corner of the shop and didn't touch it. My gut feeling is that something got wet that wasn't supposed to.....no fault of my own. Oh well, the global windows are a useless gimmic for me as well (Delete), and I don't much care for the auto-lock doors when you put the tranny in gear and pull away (Delete). All of the lock/unlock with the auto feature is more wear and tear on the electric lock assemble anyway, and if I want my doors locked due to driving in shady areas or whatever, then I'll lock them myself thank you.......
Old 1/8/07, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I turned off my auto locking myself. Its in the owners manual
Old 1/8/07, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I know that you can disable/enable the locking feature yourself, it is posted on the forums.

So if they do not do it, you can do it yourself.
Old 1/8/07, 04:56 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I wonder if the other guy that has his windows going down and doors locking by themselves also had an auto.
Old 1/8/07, 06:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Fryguy
I know that you can disable/enable the locking feature yourself, it is posted on the forums.

So if they do not do it, you can do it yourself.
Yep Jeff, that is correct on the auto-locks.....but you can't disable the global window yourself w/a simple code like what is in the owners manual for the locks
Old 1/9/07, 05:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, just got back from service dept., and they are still keeping my car (2nd day now). I talked with the tech, and he did disable my global windows with the ability to enable it later if I/anyone else chooses to do so. He is waiting to hear back from Ford directly on some other issues however....... He said that when he had the windows down, they rolled themselves up when he pulled the key out of ignition (not supposed to). He has not got the locks problem to occur again, nor the windows rolling down on their own, but he knows the problem existed for me, so he will talk with Ford directly & get directives....... Oh well, I got a F150 for a loaner, so at least I have some head/legroom and their petrol while I wait.......
Old 1/10/07, 01:05 PM
Cobra R Member

It's day 3 in the shop, but it is snowing outside & sticking pretty good.......so I think I will make myself unavailable today to get my car if they finish, and call them tomorrow instead. The truck and their gasoline makes better sense to me considering the weather.....
Old 1/10/07, 02:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't blame you there, let them keep the stang until the snow lets up at least. The truck will do you better anyway in the white stuff!!
Old 1/10/07, 05:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I don't blame you there, let them keep the stang until the snow lets up at least. The truck will do you better anyway in the white stuff!!
Yeah, that's a big 10-4....... Actually, I just got off the horn w/service, and the tech that is working on my car got snowed in @ home today, so my 'Stang didn't get worked on today, but my buddy verified that it will be sitting in the tech's bay in the shop until it is finished. My car is nice and cozy during this weather....... I Do Miss Her Though!