2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SUSPENSION NOISES

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/06, 05:30 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine on ebay for about $30

It has complete instructions for diagnosis and repair for every 2005-2006 Ford model. They are used by the dealerships. It has a menu system you navigate through and when you find what you want you can convert the text to pdf and print them out. Bascially just a service manual on DVD, but better than the dumb ones you buy at the book store.
Old 2/6/06, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer was trying to track down a noise after my car was repaired from a head on. In the process they pulled the rear axles to check the bearings. That problem turned out to be the front bearings.

However, ever since they pulled the rear axles when I hit medium bumps in the road I hears the responsive clunk right after I hit the bump. Sounds like something gets knocked up, and it comes back down on something. Took it to the dealer but they could not reproduce it. They looked under the car, but to no avail.

Any ideas on this one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/07, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mikesstang
Dealer was trying to track down a noise after my car was repaired from a head on. In the process they pulled the rear axles to check the bearings. That problem turned out to be the front bearings.

However, ever since they pulled the rear axles when I hit medium bumps in the road I hears the responsive clunk right after I hit the bump. Sounds like something gets knocked up, and it comes back down on something. Took it to the dealer but they could not reproduce it. They looked under the car, but to no avail.

Any ideas on this one [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
I noticed what you are describing on my 2007 GT yesterday when I traveled down a rough road. The rear end was banging around quite a bit, much noisier than I would have expected. I only have 800 miles on the car and it has not been mistreated so I am a bit concerned with the noise. I am going to keep an eye on it and then take it in to the dealer if things don't get better.