2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange power window problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/05, 10:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay. Normally both windows are auto up and down. And when the window goes down. It doesnt totally stop. It usually goes 99.7 percent down, and u can see a small bit of window in the middle. Recently I noticed both sides will sometimes go completely down and make a noise like it hit something. It did it on and off. Now this weekend. The auto up on the drives side doesnt work. And when you open the car, normally the window bounces down, then when you close it will bounce back up. It wouldnt bounce back up. It would stay how it is allowing some moisture in. Also when it goes down it doesnt stop at the point it usually does. It went all the way down with the clang noise. So no auto up, and no bounce back. I called ford and scheduled an appointment. So tonight, it decides to work again. I dont know what to tell the dealer. The auto works normal and the bounce back is normal again. What do I tell ford, they will think im making something up since it works fine. But I dont want this to happen again, any suggestions would be great, thanks.
Old 12/12/05, 04:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't have the manual in front of me but there's a section in there on recalibrating the windows so they know where to properly stop. You might want to check it out and go through the procedures listed.
Old 12/12/05, 06:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reset your windows. Roll the window all the way down. Then roll it all the way up and let go of the button. Now hold the button in the up position for 2 seconds. That resets it. Now try the auto down and auto up feature. The problem is a known issue (has been for well over a year now) and there is no fix. That is why they no longer offer the global window feature with the alarm system. Also, my drivers window is the one that on occasion lowers farther than it should and makes the thump noise, but only the passenger side is the one that I have to recalibrate every couple of weeks.