2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 10:01 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you

Mustang Enthusiasts,

I just want to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Brian Rozier and I work for a new advertiser on this site, Stillen Sportsparts. I have been in the domestic automotive performance aftermarket for over 17 years, working in both sales and research & development.

Stillen has been in the high performance part manufacturing business for over 20 years and has just recently decided to embark on a new venture we call our American Performance Division. This new division will cater to the late model American Muscle Car crowd by offering a comprehensive product line, innovative new products and customer support which will be second to none.

We are very close to releasing our 4-way adjustable swaybars, exhaust system, and a supercharger kit for the 05+ Mustangs. We also have quite a few ideas on the drawing board, but we want to know what you guys want. Keep in mind that we have the manufacturing capabilities to make anything from billet door lock ***** to complete urethane body kits. So any ideas you have… please share them with us.

Thanks

www.stillen.com

Call us at 800-858-0534
Old 9/8/06, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

I Would Like To Welcome You And I Have Alot On My Mind And Will Post Some Of My Idea`s Later But I Am Sure There Will Be Plenty Of Others That Will Post Some Now...
Old 9/8/06, 12:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to see some more aluminum aftermarket hoods.
Old 9/8/06, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Mustang Enthusiasts,

I just want to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Brian Rozier and I work for a new advertiser on this site, Stillen Sportsparts. I have been in the domestic automotive performance aftermarket for over 17 years, working in both sales and research & development.

Stillen has been in the high performance part manufacturing business for over 20 years and has just recently decided to embark on a new venture we call our American Performance Division. This new division will cater to the late model American Muscle Car crowd by offering a comprehensive product line, innovative new products and customer support which will be second to none.

We are very close to releasing our 4-way adjustable swaybars, exhaust system, and a supercharger kit for the 05+ Mustangs. We also have quite a few ideas on the drawing board, but we want to know what you guys want. Keep in mind that we have the manufacturing capabilities to make anything from billet door lock ***** to complete urethane body kits. So any ideas you have… please share them with us.

Thanks

www.stillen.com

Call us at 800-858-0534
Welcom to TMS! Performance mods, yes I'm sure there are lots of folks who will chime in for those. I'mm dying for someone to make a replacement rear medallion/badge that covers the key hole, and looks like this attachment. This is a billet gas cap replacement for the classic Stangs. Obviously it would be flat on the back (save for the compound curves of the trunk lid), and scaled up to match the 6.00" diameter of the existing badge. Weight could be an issue since this is deeper than the factory badge, so perhaps hollowing it out in the back except for a 1/2" wide area for the 3M tape. If you could mass produce these (probably with no emblem to avoid licencing issues) for $150/pop - your CNC machines would have to work over time
Attached Images  
Old 9/8/06, 12:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exhaust, body kits, perhaps even some of those grilles would be nice
Old 9/8/06, 01:22 PM
GT Member

How 'bout a spoiler similar to the CDC ducktail, but only higher / more agressive. Kinda like the 69 Camaro's spoilers????
Old 9/8/06, 01:46 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Fantastic! Keep it coming. I really appreciate everyones input.
Old 9/8/06, 01:46 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You mentioned door lock *****.
No one makes a stock style door lock **** that's the right height. UPR has a stock style, but they don't screw down as far as they're supposed to and UPR refuses to fix the problem.
Just thought it was a quick, easy, and cheap product for you to get started with.

I'd like to see a shorter and/or angled chrome handle for the Hurst short throw shifter.

I know a lot of people would like to see a 65/66 fender badge that reads 281 instead of 289. (see pic)

Do you guys have the capability to make plastic parts?
Old 9/8/06, 01:52 PM
Authorized Advertiser

I like the V281 badge idea.

Yes we do have the ability to make certain plastic parts. What do you have in mind?
Old 9/8/06, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Oh I just had another thought... I bet if you guys offered glovebox lights and underhood lights you would sell a TON of them.

I would LOVE to have both of those.
Old 9/8/06, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
Welcom to TMS! Performance mods, yes I'm sure there are lots of folks who will chime in for those. I'mm dying for someone to make a replacement rear medallion/badge that covers the key hole, and looks like this attachment. This is a billet gas cap replacement for the classic Stangs. Obviously it would be flat on the back (save for the compound curves of the trunk lid), and scaled up to match the 6.00" diameter of the existing badge. Weight could be an issue since this is deeper than the factory badge, so perhaps hollowing it out in the back except for a 1/2" wide area for the 3M tape. If you could mass produce these (probably with no emblem to avoid licencing issues) for $150/pop - your CNC machines would have to work over time
Nice idea. But, what you got against us vert owners? We don't have a folding rear seat to crawl through if our electric trunk release fails!
Old 9/8/06, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome! It's always nice to have someone else making things for our beloved Mustangs. Think retro. Anything that connects our new cars with their history would be great. Why do you think the 05+ is so popular? Of course performance mods will always be welcome, but I think there are many who like to focus on appearance in order to retain the factory warranty. Thanks for listening! Let me think for awhile...
Old 9/8/06, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
No one makes a stock style door lock **** that's the right height. UPR has a stock style, but they don't screw down as far as they're supposed to and UPR refuses to fix the problem.
Just thought it was a quick, easy, and cheap product for you to get started with.

I'd like to see a shorter and/or angled chrome handle for the Hurst short throw shifter.

I know a lot of people would like to see a 65/66 fender badge that reads 281 instead of 289. (see pic)

Do you mean like this one?
http://www.mustangtuning.com/mustangbadges1.html
Old 9/8/06, 02:25 PM

No. Nothing like that one. One that looks like the one in the picture in my post.
Old 9/8/06, 02:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by StangNut

YES!!!! Scott Drake makes these, but for our cars they'd need to be about 3/4 the size of the originals. Thanks Jason for putting this up there - you'd figure after all the time you and I talked about it and hunted for something similar I'd have remembered it
Old 9/8/06, 02:31 PM
I lust for a M24

A plain matte black rear blackout panel that doesn't have the provision for the emblem. CDC has one but it's got some goofy horizontal lines in it. No honeycomb, no lines, no emblem etc... I can't believe that nobody has made such a simple piece yet. Without all the extra design, you should be able to build a piece that is easier to manufacture and is less expensive than the competition.
Please...
Old 9/8/06, 02:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes we do have the ability to make certain plastic parts. What do you have in mind?
I know exactly what he has in mind

A replacement grille for the GT with no fogs or pony - just the honeycomb pattern with texture identical to the factory grille
Old 9/8/06, 02:58 PM

A replacement grille for the GT with no fogs or pony - just the honeycomb pattern with texture identical to the factory grille
You are correct, sir. Give that man a prize!.

I won't go into the long detailed explanation of why it would be a good product except to say, this one grille could be modified by anyone wanting a factory looking grille but wants to change around or remove the foglights and/or pony.
Old 9/8/06, 03:00 PM
Cobra Member

Yes please, I'll have one of those! Or at least with fogs, but without pony.
Old 9/8/06, 03:32 PM
Authorized Advertiser

What do you think of the SSE Grille? It has the same honeycomb pattern of the factory grille, but does away with the pony. It also moves the fogs closer toward the center.

Quick Reply: Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you