2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stillen Group Buy 2007: Steeda Triax Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/07, 01:41 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's still going. I hope we can hit that magic number.

Thanks All

Brian
Old 1/28/07, 04:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

why dont you lower the magic number and jsut have everyone pay a few more bucks
Old 1/29/07, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

money has been allocated... just waiting for your word!
Old 1/29/07, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in. where do we stand?
Old 1/30/07, 06:54 AM
GT Member

14,779 member's, 2,625 that are active and we can only come up with 18 people that need a shifter?
Old 1/30/07, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna pull my name out of the hat.

The MGW shifter has turned my head.

I wish you all good luck in meeting your goal.
Old 1/30/07, 01:25 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Unfortunately, this doesn’t look like its going to happen. We gave it one heck of a try. I’ll keep you guys informed with any future sales.

Thanks

Brian R
Stillen Sportsparts
866-250-5542 x134
Old 1/30/07, 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Unfortunately, this doesn’t look like its going to happen. We gave it one heck of a try. I’ll keep you guys informed with any future sales.

Thanks

Brian R
Stillen Sportsparts
866-250-5542 x134
Old 1/31/07, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

This is SO typical when a GP is being organized. Even if we had 20 people committed, some would back out because they didn't have the money.
Old 1/31/07, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bleh... I really would have liked to save $50.
Old 2/1/07, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Well... THIS sucks!!!

I was excited about getting a new shifter... Brian are you SURE there is nothing you can do?
Old 2/1/07, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jsully65
14,779 member's, 2,625 that are active and we can only come up with 18 people that need a shifter?
Some people already have shifters, some don't want a replacement shifter and some just don't want Steeda's.

I can tell you now that I will probably never buy from Steeda again. Their tech help is sub-par, at best, and I don't feel like they valued my business. Also, I think most of their stuff (especially billet) is made by another company. The only products I would buy from them are suspension pieces (as they are made by Steeda, are good quality and well made).

I would buy from MGW over Steeda anyday for a shifter. Steeda's "Lifetime Warranty" is bogus. My tri-ax on my 2000 wouldn't spring back to normal; Steeda said that this was just "wear", and they wanted to have me pay shipping both ways to get it fixed I asked Steeda if I could open the shifter base to try fixing it myself/cleaning it, and they said it would void their "warranty".

So, fed up with Steeda, I called George at MGW, and he informed me that the springs aren't covered by him either. But, he also informed me about HOW EASY it was to fix, and that if it was his shifter he would just send out the springs for the 50 cents that it costs and have me fix it itself.

Thanks to George's help, I was able to fix the Tri-ax myself. But, I also purchased the MGW, as both a thanks and because George's selling points made his product seem superior to Steeda's. Well, it was, and I was thrilled with his shifter. So, I sold the tri-ax as soon as I got the MGW. Then, I sold the MGW shifter (and got almost what I paid for it) when I got rid of the car. You know a product is good when you can't hardly find anyone selling it on ebay. Look at how many used Tri-ax's there are vs. used MGW shifters

So, George, thanks again. Your SN-95 shifter is miles ahead of the SN95 tri-ax, and it is the reason that the MGW shifter has been my one and only option as a full replacement shifter for the S197

Ok, rant over...back to topic. (it is somewhat on topic, as it deals with why people aren't participating in group buys)

[And there are many other reasons besides this one that has gotten me fed up with Steeda]
Old 2/1/07, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StillenMustang07

Thanks

Brian R
Stillen Sportsparts
866-250-5542 x134
Thanks for the try, too bad you where not able to work something out.
Old 2/6/07, 01:30 AM

Steeda Group buy

Even though the group buy is over... autobadges has it really cheap $245. I dont know about the mgw shifter it has been due out next month for like a year now. On August it was September, on Semtember it was October, on October it was November. Personally I wont buy it from them because I dont like that kind of news/support from a company.

Andrew
Old 2/7/07, 01:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Andrew,

While MGW is a competitor on some products to us, I will defend them here because from the "other" side as the manufacturer, it is sometimes impossible to nail down a day when a new product is going to come out. Trust me when I say they are probably being very sincere in their estimate, it's just that other things pop up, fires need to be put out, and no matter how good the design, it normally needs to be tweaked before release, sometimes one tweak causing a cascade of other problems behind it - ask me how I know...

Anyway, I've still got one Tri-Ax in stock, in case anyone needs it.

Also, FWIW, I tend to be a bit more vague about our release dates for exactly that reason - although our windows were 2 months late... even after I had factored in a 2 month "buffer" from the initial estimate. Guess I need to double it yet again on the next molded piece!
Old 2/7/07, 02:08 AM

I already pre ordered one of your lovers and you never posted or said a exact release date. On all of the emails and updates you said you will inform us of the updates in the following weeks. That is understandable. But MGW has had their shifter due out for the past year (maybe more that is since I have been following it) and on every month the release date is suddenly next month every month. I would prefer them to keep us updated with a little bit more sincerity that is all. I sincerely doubt they have made production runs of the shifter every month and then found out there is something wrong. So the release date can't be next month if you haven't started mass production; that is just my 2 cents. How much are you letting the tri-ax go for. PS I think I am gonna get the install kit and have the louvers with the slits unpainted.

Andrew
Old 2/7/07, 08:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Email me directly with your full name so I can pull up the order (if you haven't already - inbox is getting stuffed) and I can let you know the Tri-Ax price - plus it can all ship at once!

And like I said, I am not "in" MGW's business, so I don't know how or why they are doing that - I just was saying in general I can feel for them because we run into similar problems - that said, as you noted, I keep everyone informed as to where we are and what's going on. Treat people the way you'd like to be treated, and the rest falls into place - it's real simple to run a business well, just remember to take care of your customers

Lucky for me a lot of companies don't get that...
Old 2/7/07, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by androdz
I already pre ordered one of your lovers and you never posted or said a exact release date. On all of the emails and updates you said you will inform us of the updates in the following weeks. That is understandable. But MGW has had their shifter due out for the past year (maybe more that is since I have been following it) and on every month the release date is suddenly next month every month. I would prefer them to keep us updated with a little bit more sincerity that is all. I sincerely doubt they have made production runs of the shifter every month and then found out there is something wrong. So the release date can't be next month if you haven't started mass production; that is just my 2 cents. How much are you letting the tri-ax go for. PS I think I am gonna get the install kit and have the louvers with the slits unpainted.

Andrew
dont feel too bad. i have been waiting for the autometer nexus air/fuel gauge t ocomplete my gauge setup for 1.5 years haha its still due out next month lol, then next month, then next month ect ect
Old 2/7/07, 10:15 PM

What gauge cluster do you have? I have been trying to find a parchment gauge cluster that actually looks good.

Andrew