2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Some pretty cool info

Search this Thread

Old 7/14/04, 11:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by legendlimetime@July 14, 2004, 12:56 PM
Here's a question for any salespeople on here. This scenario is for a 2005 Mustang or similar "in demand" car. What if I were to go to a dealer and when the sales guy meets me out in the lot when I get out of my car I just tell him the following; "Hey dude, I am going to buy a (insert model here) today. I would really like to buy it here because it is convenient." I would then tell him I want the car at invoice and if he is willing to do a mini I will give him 250.00 or 300.00 cash if he can get the deal done.

Is this ever done? The only reason I am interested in this type of thing is because I hate the whole buying process. I would much rather reward the salesguy for his work and not have to give away the farm to the dealership. I know it's shady and all that but with the way things have gone on my previous purchases I would have no problem doing this.

Just a thought
<center>So the dealer gets nothing??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
I don't think so!</center>
Old 7/15/04, 09:36 AM
GT Member

The dealer would still make money on holdbacks and all that...they just wouldn't make a ton like they want to.
Old 7/15/04, 10:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

That would be very risky for the salesman......I'm sure his job is worth more than a few hundred bucks.
Old 7/16/04, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

If a salesman got caught doing this he would probably be fired.
Old 7/16/04, 10:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by legendlimetime@July 14, 2004, 1:56 PM
Here's a question for any salespeople on here. This scenario is for a 2005 Mustang or similar "in demand" car. What if I were to go to a dealer and when the sales guy meets me out in the lot when I get out of my car I just tell him the following; "Hey dude, I am going to buy a (insert model here) today. I would really like to buy it here because it is convenient." I would then tell him I want the car at invoice and if he is willing to do a mini I will give him 250.00 or 300.00 cash if he can get the deal done.

Is this ever done? The only reason I am interested in this type of thing is because I hate the whole buying process. I would much rather reward the salesguy for his work and not have to give away the farm to the dealership. I know it's shady and all that but with the way things have gone on my previous purchases I would have no problem doing this.

Just a thought
I wouldnt do it.

Why do you have to be so cheap anyway?
Old 7/16/04, 10:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I went over to the Toy dealer across the street today. They are selling all the Scions at sticker. The TC goes for $2000 over and they cant keep them on the lot. If you cant afford the Mustang, then either get less options, save up, or buy an 04 with the rebates.
Old 7/16/04, 11:42 PM
V6 Member

I have 40k in the bank. Should I buy cash? may have about 10-15k after purchase.
Old 7/16/04, 11:43 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by KingLurker@July 17, 2004, 1:45 AM
I have 40k in the bank. Should I buy cash? may have about 10-15k after purchase.
I would.
Old 7/17/04, 12:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan+July 16, 2004, 11:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ July 16, 2004, 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KingLurker@July 17, 2004, 1:45 AM
I would. [/b][/quote]
Unless you can get 0% APR In that case get a 6 year loan and invest that money.
Old 7/17/04, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by KingLurker@July 17, 2004, 12:45 AM
I would put about 10k down, and finance the rest outside Ford(like a Suntrust loan) for 4 years at 3.75% or so.
Old 7/18/04, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+July 16, 2004, 10:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ July 16, 2004, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-legendlimetime@July 14, 2004, 1:56 PM

Just a thought
I wouldnt do it.

Why do you have to be so cheap anyway? [/b][/quote]
I doubt there would be too many salesman that would. Maybe if he was your best friend and you knew they wouldn't rat on you. You never know though someone could make a deal with you like that and threaten to tell the dealer then blackmail you to get their money back. Yeah that's worth a couple hundred bucks. lol
Old 7/19/04, 09:33 AM
GT Member

I ordered the GT the regular honest way and told the dealer I would pay what I had to pay. Thought I would post that so people wouldn't be upset with me for trying to screw the dealer.

I posted this in another thread but thought it would get a response here sooner.

Hi people. I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I was talking to the dealer in my area and was working on ordering a GT. I told him I thought that he had to not only place the order but "buy" the car to ensure that it is built. His response was oh don't worry it will be built. He said he is only allowed to order 1 Mustang per week??? I ordered it and he said that mine would be his order for this coming week as he had already ordered one for last week. Does this sound accurate? He also said that he is not an allocation dealer or something to that affect and that is why the limited ability to order.

Anyway I ordered the Mineral Grey GT and got the order confirmation and all that and now am just wondering if I should expect an October delivery?

Thanks for any insight...
Old 7/19/04, 10:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by JZInternet+July 18, 2004, 7:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JZInternet @ July 18, 2004, 7:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kevinb120@July 16, 2004, 10:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-legendlimetime
@July 14, 2004, 1:56 PM

Just a thought

I wouldnt do it.

Why do you have to be so cheap anyway?
I doubt there would be too many salesman that would. Maybe if he was your best friend and you knew they would rat on you. You never know though someone could make a deal with you like that and threaten to tell the dealer then blackmail you to get their money back. Yeah that's worth a couple hundred bucks. lol [/b][/quote]
you also have to find a sales manager that will let the hottest car around go for invoice :scratch:
Old 7/19/04, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Which ain't gonna happen.

And I will tell you that anytime someone calls me dude in a business environment, the deal, whatever it was, is history.

Yes, I'm old.
Old 7/19/04, 04:43 PM
GT Member

There are some people on this board that are WAY too tight! I was being completely informal when typing my original question and by the sound of some of the replies I think I hit a nerve with several of you. As you can see from my last reply it was just an idea and I thought better of it and have since ordered the car and am paying retail. I apologize to anyone I offended with that scenario.

"And I will tell you that anytime someone calls me dude in a business environment, the deal, whatever it was, is history"

scottie1113, when you said this I hope it was because you were upset with me or trying to be sarcastic because if this is how you seriously feel then you have some problems. Especially if you are in the car sales business!
Old 7/19/04, 06:58 PM
FR500 Member

I have heard that if you pay your car off in cash from the start, you will be charged more than if you put a percentage down and paid it off over 5 years with interest. And by Kevin saying that even if you have the cash, finance... that pretty much tells you right there. I say finance.
Old 7/19/04, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by acadian@July 19, 2004, 7:01 PM
I have heard that if you pay your car off in cash from the start, you will be charged more than if you put a percentage down and paid it off over 5 years with interest. And by Kevin saying that even if you have the cash, finance... that pretty much tells you right there. I say finance.
Plus you will begin/continue a good credit rating, which is ALWAYS good down the road. B)
Old 7/19/04, 09:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@July 19, 2004, 4:46 PM
There are some people on this board that are WAY too tight! I was being completely informal when typing my original question and by the sound of some of the replies I think I hit a nerve with several of you. As you can see from my last reply it was just an idea and I thought better of it and have since ordered the car and am paying retail. I apologize to anyone I offended with that scenario.

"And I will tell you that anytime someone calls me dude in a business environment, the deal, whatever it was, is history"

scottie1113, when you said this I hope it was because you were upset with me or trying to be sarcastic because if this is how you seriously feel then you have some problems. Especially if you are in the car sales business!
I'm not in the car business, though I have been. I just don't believe that's the way people should talk when conducting any kind of transaction. It's just me.
Old 7/19/04, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@July 19, 2004, 7:01 PM
I have never heard of that. But I imagine if you got a dollar amount upfront then said you would pay cash you would be alright. But I'd rather finance it. Especially if it's 0-3% APR.
Old 7/19/04, 11:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If I had 40k and a good stable job i'd pay cash. I'd just haggle a good deal close to invoice but definatley below MSRP. In the long run you pay more if you pay in payments, unless its 0%. with the remaining money you'll have after purchase, you can use it in anyway.

Quick Reply: Some pretty cool info