2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I ran across a Ferrari F430 today...

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 05:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think its great you guys get this attention with the car....

I live in Ontario, a place where we have way less 05s than california alone... and I would be willing to be I'd NEVER get any exotic look at me in my 05.

A lot of them are just snobby here.
Old 6/15/05, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Stadifer@June 15, 2005, 12:47 PM
Out here in the Portland/Vancouver area we have a lot more of the luxury class cars. Most common are Jaguar XK, Maserati Spyder, Bentley Arnage, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Uber Pimped 300M's.

Most of which belong to the resident Trailblazers (current & retired) as well as some of the upper echelon business men (Phil Knight). I've never actually seen the Ferrari and other Italian exotics... Just the British stuff .
In Portland, back when I was in massage school I used to see a Diablo parked next to this gym. Saw it there several times. The last time I saw it, it had a nasty dent in one of it's rear panels. Like something tall, like an suv or truck side-swiped it. I almost cried.
Old 6/15/05, 05:33 PM
GT Member

There aren't many 05's in this part of Ohio, and especially Sonic Blue ones. I actually get alot of compliments from Chevy owners. Had a guy last week with a 91 vette convertible drooling over it. He and alot of people just keep saying" I never liked Ford, but they got it right!" When you go to a classic car cruise with exceptionally restored cars but people take notice of you and stop to compliment you, that says something.

Now what would it take for Ford to come out with an updated version of the Starsky and Hutch Torino!!!!! :scratch:
Old 6/16/05, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

A while back my wife and I went for a drive around.

We stopped and had a glass of wine at an Italian restaurant down the street, and I parked in front of a yellow Porsche Carerra GT. The owner, who was in town to do some laps on the Hockenheim track, went outside to show his car off to a friend.

It is also a beautiful car, but the Mustang looked so nice he was excusing his car for being dirty from the road (Yellow really isn't right for the Porsche anyway, IMHO).

He knew that his car cost 16 TIMES what mine did, and yet he was impressed with the Mustangs looks and knew all about it, which is contrary to most peoples stereotypes of a "Porsche snob"

Reaction from other people has been overwhelmingly positive.

Here we see exotic cars all the time, especially the "real" racing ones (think Lotus Exiges, Porsche GT3s and Ferraris, NOT Escalades, Bentleys and other bling bling mobiles) and many stop to take a look. It is way cool.

Wish they would do a Sonic Blue '07 Cobra, but Vista is looking pretty good.