2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I ran across a Ferrari F430 today...

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was coming home heading down 695 towards 795 from 83 North outside of Baltimore when all of the sudden I have a Red Ferrari F430 pull up next to me. It had some kind of custom rims because they were body color on the inside of the spokes. Needless to say I wanted to take a crack at racing but traffic was nasty. I know he'd kick my butt and then some but it would have been fun. Needless to say we both looked over at each others cars for a minute and gave the nod of approval. Nothing like mutual respect from someone who could have bought my car for him and six of his friends for the price of the F430.

Old 6/14/05, 08:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago w/ a Lambo Marcialago (sp?), only we decided to play around a little. Traffic wasn't too bad, and we had some fun.
Old 6/14/05, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I got some respect from the local Viper last week. We were stopped next to each other at a light... too bad we were the 2nd cars in line, would have been fun.
Old 6/15/05, 01:09 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by pittperson@June 14, 2005, 8:11 PM
I got some respect from the local Viper last week. We were stopped next to each other at a light... too bad we were the 2nd cars in line, would have been fun.
Not for you it wouldn't
Old 6/15/05, 03:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@June 14, 2005, 7:03 PM
Cool. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago w/ a Lambo Marcialago (sp?), only we decided to play around a little. Traffic wasn't too bad, and we had some fun.

got big thumbs up by a yellow murcielago goin the other way...course i was wavin and givin him thumbs up first, but it felt good to get the recognition!
Old 6/15/05, 05:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by idobson@June 15, 2005, 3:12 AM
Not for you it wouldn't
Watching him stomp on it would have been enough fun for me
Old 6/15/05, 08:24 AM
FR500 Member

Where do you guys live, in Italy? I can't relate to seeing exotic cars, here in Louisiana.
Old 6/15/05, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I had a guy in a testarossa swerve thru 3 lanes just so he could pull into the the parking lot and check out my car. We were waiting on the porch of the Outback steakhouse and watch the hole thing. Even my wife got a kick out of that.
Old 6/15/05, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd like to take on some italians too, just for the heck of it. They'd prolly kill me, but I like stepping up with the big dogs
Old 6/15/05, 08:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Bookman@June 15, 2005, 10:37 AM
I had a guy in a testarossa swerve thru 3 lanes just so he could pull into the the parking lot and check out my car. We were waiting on the porch of the Outback steakhouse and watch the hole thing. Even my wife got a kick out of that.
Now that is cool! I get looks and nods from other drivers here and again too. Its always a nice feeling
Old 6/15/05, 09:04 AM
FR500 Member

check this out guys.....theres a hooters restaurant here by me up NJ rout 17. i pulled in just to check it out and i got to park in the back and this guy yells HEY YOU!! and waves me into the front spot. the lone spot in front of where all the hooters girls were sitting. i parked next to an old BEAUITUFL GTO and a 70's camaro. there was a lamborghini gallargo and 2 lotus' (1 elise and 1 esprit) 2 vipers, an 04 cobra and all this other stuff. i get out and the lotus and lamborghini driver start talking to me. i asked which cars were theirs and they pointed and i was like OHH MY GOD!! then the guys like hey wait u gotta tell us about this thing how do u like it and i started getting all these questions from everyone and i had a ton of people crowding the car. i was pleasently suprised. i got respect from drivers of crazy cars!! i came too late to win an award tho but maybe next week
Old 6/15/05, 09:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 15, 2005, 8:27 AM
Where do you guys live, in Italy? I can't relate to seeing exotic cars, here in Louisiana.
You don't spend enough time in New Orleans. I've seen plenty down on Royal Street by the old Wildlife and Fisheries building. I have pictures of a old 308 and a newer 430. I wish I still lived in Louisiana - lots of good times there.
Old 6/15/05, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

HAhaha, wow that's a wide range of SC's
Old 6/15/05, 12:49 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

this is just one of the reasons I love this car, where I live I am one of the few 05s on the road and deffinately one of maybe 5 GTs, and among all of the exotics and high end europeans around here I get so much attention, I am always being stopped by someone in a Ferrari, Lambo, Royles, Bentley or something of that nature and asked about my car, one guy the other night I met at Jack and the Box, was a collector of exotics (he had a McClaren, a 350 Spyder, a Scaglietti, several other Ferraris, and a Vanquish to name a few) I believed him not only because this is probably common around here but I've seen him around before in several different Ferraris (he loves them) anyway he had his daily driver (Carrera) with him and when we were leaving he was checking out his car saying how his friend is on a list for a Cobra and how he just wanted a plain GT like mine that he would just leave garaged and collect, but he couldnt find one with all the options so he was waiting until 06, then he offered to trade, I asked if he were serious and he said "Sure, I like what you've done to yours, its what I would do and then leave it alone after that." I said no thanks, but if you want to trade one of the Ferraris we can talk, he laughed and said goodnight. You see while talking to him he told me he didnt even want the Porsche but it was such a good deal at 60000 that he had to buy it.

but back on topic, people that are into cars definately love this one, and its not just high end guys, its american muscle guys, asian imports, bikes, trucks everyone even people that think a car is "JUST A CAR" love this car. I go to a local exotic meet every month (just a hang out and check out each others rides at the local starbucks) and I am the only one with an 05 with a rare exception or if Surfn is down that weekend, and the crowd always gathers when I pull up and I sit there and field questions from the exotic owners for a while. I could go on and on with stories, but the point is this car is freakin awesome.
Old 6/15/05, 02:35 PM
FR500 Member

i didn't think those f430's were out yet
Old 6/15/05, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Zc527@June 15, 2005, 2:38 PM
i didn't think those f430's were out yet
I'm sure it was a F430 because it had the Enzo style tail lights and the huge air ducts in the bumper.
Old 6/15/05, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Out here in the Portland/Vancouver area we have a lot more of the luxury class cars. Most common are Jaguar XK, Maserati Spyder, Bentley Arnage, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Uber Pimped 300M's.

Most of which belong to the resident Trailblazers (current & retired) as well as some of the upper echelon business men (Phil Knight). I've never actually seen the Ferrari and other Italian exotics... Just the British stuff .
Old 6/15/05, 02:52 PM

the F430s have been out for a while in fact I posted a couple of months ago how my friends dad's shop (Symbolic- had just got one in and I got to test drive it down the back street...bad **** for sure) but they are abbundant out here, in fact I know someone who has a F430 Spyder already, I am waiting to get to try out a SuperAmerica...I know they took orders I am not sure if they have been delivered yet. And I was about to say I cant wait to see an FX up close

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/ferrarifx.html

BUT....Check this out the FXX.....OH MY GOD....ME LIKEY!!!!

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/ferrarifxx.html
Old 6/15/05, 02:57 PM

How cool is that taking a cue right from the FX which was built for one man...the FXX if you are one of the 20 people to buy one you get to have a say in how the car is designed and test it throughout the production phases, its your own custom built Ferrari built just for you. I cant wait until some yuppy down here buys one so I can see it at our exotic meet.
Old 6/15/05, 04:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I was in Burlington (no, I didn't go to the coat factory ) this past weekend. My g/f, her sister, brother-in-law, and I all pile into the Stang to go to a Jazz Festival. Downtown was packed and it was funny watching all the heads turn as we drove through. The sister made a comment about how everyone was staring, and that this car gets more attention than BMW's and Porche's. Well, duh!

Quick Reply: So I ran across a Ferrari F430 today...