2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Side Airbags packaged with IUP?

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/04, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible to remove IUP or replace it with lite IUP, without loosing side air bags?
Old 12/20/04, 07:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Excellent question. Does the IUP lite qualify as an interior upgrade package to get the side airbags? I think it should. Could anyone affiliated with FORD comment on this please?
Old 12/20/04, 07:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Badandy+December 19, 2004, 11:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badandy @ December 19, 2004, 11:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Giddyup@December 18, 2004, 11:45 PM
I didn't price the insurance difference if I had gotten them, so I don't know what the savings are.....but I can't imagine it being a whole lot.
uh, possibly your life...

I don't get people who didn't order side airbags. The hard thing on the side of the seat is BARELY noticible and it is a small tag that is the same color as the seat.

IMO, of course, if you didn't order side airbags you are stupid or were completely out of it when you ordered.

Thanks for your time. [/b][/quote]
So what you are saying is I am stupid since I did not order side air bags. Is that your way of also saying anyone that buys a car without side airbags is a complete moron? Not a lot of cars out there have side airbags. I did not order them because at the time I placed my order I didn't have pricing. If I knew they were only a couple hundred bucks at the time would I have ordered them....sure...nothing wrong with a little more safety, but if they were a few grand I would not have ordered them.

Man, I forgot what this debate was about. I must be too stupid to remember. I am such a moron, putz, twit, nincompoop....if only I had ordered the side airbags, them my IQ would have increased thus turning myself into the one, the only "Genius boy in a stang".

is anyone that ordered a stang with side airbags getting the license plate "Einstein"? B)
Old 12/20/04, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

On other threads I saw that if you delete IUP, then you have to remove Side AB as well. This makes me guess, that IUP issues are temporary. I would like to think that Ford is intelligent enough not to hold Side AB orders, if they think that IUP issue won't be resolved soon.
Old 12/20/04, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

This should answer why to some of the questions on options.

From the brochure page 22 at the bottom.

Some features discussed may be optional. Vehicles shown may contain optional equipment. Features shown may be offered only in combination with other options of subject to additional ordering requirements of limitations. Following publication of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipnent, options and the like, or product delays many have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford Dealer is the best source to up-to-date information. Ford division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.

Also for the people concerned about children or pets in front. The passenger seat has sensors for small passengers and also the front air bag can be turned off.

As to the the side seat air-bags, our 03 Envoy has them. Our ordered GT was to have seat side air-bags, I did not care about cost. With that ruined by the jack$$$ GSM at dealer. The one we bought elsewhere had everything but the side air-bags. Would like to have had them, but in 65 years of combined driving they would have never been used. Keep your eyes on everyone around you.
Old 12/20/04, 09:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

(Badsnke98 Posted: December 20, 2004, 10:05 PM)

Also for the people concerned about children or pets in front. The passenger seat has sensors for small passengers and also the front air bag can be turned off.
Thanks Bruce that's good to know. I didn't see that info on the Ford site or in the brochure so thank you for taking the time to look that up and post.
Old 12/21/04, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

Well dumb me. I went ahead and deleted the IUP and lost the side airbags too. Was worried as didn't have a vin yet after 5 weeks. Called Ford and found out that if you make changes to an order, your time starts ticking all over again. So be warned if you decide to make changes to your order. She also told me 10-12 weeks to build the Mustangs versus the 6-8 weeks all the local dealers tell us.
Old 12/21/04, 01:06 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by whtmule@December 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Called Ford and found out that if you make changes to an order, your time starts ticking all over again. So be warned if you decide to make changes to your order.
Thats not exactly true, if your order hasnt been pulled yet, then you are fine. I changed several options on my car after I ordered and it did not increase the time it took to get my car. Ordered on 10-13 received 11-29.
Old 12/21/04, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow+December 21, 2004, 3:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mellow Yellow @ December 21, 2004, 3:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-whtmule@December 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Called Ford and found out that if you make changes to an order, your time starts ticking all over again. So be warned if you decide to make changes to your order.
Thats not exactly true, if your order hasnt been pulled yet, then you are fine. I changed several options on my car after I ordered and it did not increase the time it took to get my car. Ordered on 10-13 received 11-29. [/b][/quote]
Thats true you can make any changes up until it gets scheduled at the plant. It will help you get Scheduled quicker too. Don't let the dealer tell you that is BS. I thought I had forgot to put the wheels upgrade on mine and rushed in to add them. It was ok but the dealers owner told me what I just said in the first sentence.
Good Luck!
Old 12/21/04, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Same here. I called a dealer to order and he said he had one already ordered but a different color. He changed the color a few days before being built. And the order was not delayed. The car was still built a few days later and delivered shortly thereafter.