2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The SCOOP PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/04, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont think theyre are going to be THAT nuts. Remember also that dealers owners and managers have a long list of "friends" too. They have golf-buddies, other managers from other make's dealers, family, contractors that buy a lot of vehicles or service contracts, etc. I dont give a darn if you put a 20k deposit down, a dealer owner's best friend from high school is getting one first if they want it. I remember the nuts who paid way over on prowlers(and they still have 03's in showrooms now), mini coopers, pt cruisers(even the lexus dealer down the street were buying those and reselling them new).

The six months from the days we were waiting for them to finish putting up the displays on the NAIAS shows and guessing which box it was hiding in wasnt that long ago. Waiting another 5-6 months for dealers to have 15 gts and 20 v6's on lots is not that long away. It makes a nice goal too, instead of throwing half the money you saved up for the vehicle simply just to be the first on the block with them. I think half of you guys(gals included) will get promotions and pay raises inadvertantly because your production at work has doubled either to make the time go faster or to save up Let it be your carrot. I want to wait untill theyve been mag-tested(to see what the percieved "hype" will be as well as #s), wait till I see them on roads mingling in traffic to pick a color, and wait for more info if this is going to be the same GT for 06 as well so I wont be upstaged 6 months later. Who knows if they will have radical detail changes like the 02-03 explorer interiors, or issues like the excessive brake dust and chattering rear ends for 03 expeds they just fixed mid-04......Let someone else be the guinea pigs.
Old 5/22/04, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said.
Old 5/22/04, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Decipher@May. 22nd, 2004, 8:41 PM
Well said.
Dont worry Ill get drunk later and get on a rant

and im a COBRA MEMBER.......BOOOYAH :dance:
Old 5/22/04, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can't wait.
Old 5/22/04, 07:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think those that bought new '99 Cobras will agree with you, and I wonder if there will be hesitation when the Cobra comes back for that very reason.
Old 5/22/04, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes@May. 22nd, 2004, 9:15 PM
Non refundable deposits, and a guy thinks hes getting D plan on a car from first batch with 2 units alocated per dealer.
Why do dense people always get jobs that pay so well ,yet all I can land is crap jobs?? :bang: :bang:

I see BIG TIME market value markups on the first batch(maybe as high as 20G,10G easy)Maybe on the second batch also.
$10,000 on a $28,000 car is not even conceivable. This is a mass produced car. Their goal for the first year of AAI production is 180,000 cars. That means they are going to need to put out almost 500 cars A DAY. Even running at half of that, they are going to get the first 10,000 done in 40 days. Running at full, its 20 days. I forsee this: first shipment, everyone gets 2. A week or so later, everyone gets two more. And so on. Don't forget, not a lot of people know this car is coming out when it is. Ford isn't even advertising it until November. In November, you won't have any problems getting one, I can assure you of that. If they run at half capacity for the three months of Sept-Nov, thats still 27,500 cars.

I have it in writing I'm getting D-Plan. Thats good enough for me. The reason why you can't get a good job is because of your lack of common sense. Don't flame me, you won't win. Just because I have money and I also have enough influence to get my car at a good price does not give you the right to attack me.
Old 5/22/04, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

i went to the dealership by me and the took my order on the Z plan and had no problem doing it. he told me the moment they can order it i will be getting a phone call to let me know the price. i gave him my pin # and everything i had 3 people at the dealership working with me. that was last tuesday i am meeting with him this week he said the prices will be in this week.
Old 5/22/04, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally posted by gotmy05@May. 22nd, 2004, 10:33 PM
i went to the dealership by me and the took my order on the Z plan and had no problem doing it. he told me the moment they can order it i will be getting a phone call to let me know the price. i gave him my pin # and everything i had 3 people at the dealership working with me. that was last tuesday i am meeting with him this week he said the prices will be in this week.
Prices will not be in this week. Guaranteed.
Old 5/22/04, 09:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Grantsdale+May. 22nd, 2004, 8:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ May. 22nd, 2004, 8:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gotmy05@May. 22nd, 2004, 10:33 PM
Prices will not be in this week. Guaranteed. [/b][/quote]
or this month, ect...

OK, so it looks like the first few months will be slow to get the 05's on lots for the average person (me). What would be the assumed length of time before they will be rededly available? March 05 or later?
Old 5/23/04, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+May. 22nd, 2004, 8:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ May. 22nd, 2004, 8:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snakeeyes@May. 22nd, 2004, 9:15 PM
Non refundable deposits, and a guy thinks hes getting D plan on a car from first batch with 2 units alocated per dealer.
Why do dense people always get jobs that pay so well ,yet all I can land is crap jobs?? :bang: :bang:

I see BIG TIME market value markups on the first batch(maybe as high as 20G,10G easy)Maybe on the second batch also.
$10,000 on a $28,000 car is not even conceivable. This is a mass produced car. Their goal for the first year of AAI production is 180,000 cars. That means they are going to need to put out almost 500 cars A DAY. Even running at half of that, they are going to get the first 10,000 done in 40 days. Running at full, its 20 days. I forsee this: first shipment, everyone gets 2. A week or so later, everyone gets two more. And so on. Don't forget, not a lot of people know this car is coming out when it is. Ford isn't even advertising it until November. In November, you won't have any problems getting one, I can assure you of that. If they run at half capacity for the three months of Sept-Nov, thats still 27,500 cars.

I have it in writing I'm getting D-Plan. Thats good enough for me. The reason why you can't get a good job is because of your lack of common sense. Don't flame me, you won't win. Just because I have money and I also have enough influence to get my car at a good price does not give you the right to attack me. [/b][/quote]
We run 68 cars an hour,but start up is slow at first.Will they have 2 shifs,over time, will they hold back for testing??We can hope for the best.
Old 5/23/04, 12:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Am I the only one who noticed the odd phrasing of "*** October?"

I mean... is that an acronym for something? Please tell me it is, otherwise this could be the dirtiest memo put out in automotive history.
Old 5/23/04, 01:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was planning a test drive when these come out. Would they still let you even if their quantity of 05's is limited?
Old 5/23/04, 02:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Kotzenjunge@May. 23rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
Am I the only one who noticed the odd phrasing of "*** October?"

I mean... is that an acronym for something? Please tell me it is, otherwise this could be the dirtiest memo put out in automotive history.
Yeah I wondered about that myself.
Old 5/23/04, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I am wondering if it is short for "cumulative".
Old 5/23/04, 09:41 AM

Got an email back from the dealer regarding the deposit and price and here is what he wrote back:

The only way you would lose the deposit would be if the car came in undamaged and exactly as ordered and you refused delivery. The price will be MSRP. Some of the other dealers we have talked to are going to ask 2 to 3 thousand over, but we aren't going to do that.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, please let me know. Talk to you soon.
Old 5/23/04, 09:54 AM
GT Member

Get your money back, and go somewhere else, but that's only my opinion. Florida's different some other places i guess, but id take it elsewhere.

As for pricing, pricing will be released in August, not next week, or next month, i got email confirmation on that one last week, like i said before.

And kevin, i agree with you, however im not in the luxury of waiting, i put off buying a new car for a year to get the Mustang, there's no way in he|| that my car is going to pass inspection or last through the winter, so the 2005 is where it's at for me, and ill be the dang guinea pig for all of you guys. But my car's time is coming short, and hopefully it lasts until the 05s, but im headin for one of the first ones, not to be the 'first' but because i almost have to.
Old 5/23/04, 10:00 AM

Actually I thought that email was good news. I haven't put any money down yet, they don't start taking orders until tomorrow. I am not sure what was wrong with it that you think I should go elsewhere. I have a feeling dealers won't take less than sticker until the larger amounts arrive and according to Kevin's original post, that may be in CY '05.
Old 5/23/04, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@May. 23rd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Actually I thought that email was good news. I haven't put any money down yet, they don't start taking orders until tomorrow. I am not sure what was wrong with it that you think I should go elsewhere. I have a feeling dealers won't take less than sticker until the larger amounts arrive and according to Kevin's original post, that may be in CY '05.
I think the biggest reason I wouldn't give a non-refundable deposit is there is no way to haggle at all. I know in the begining you'll be paying msrp and no less but what about when these cars start to stock pile on the dealers lots?

Besides all that. if the dealer rubs you the wrong way you can just say get lost (unless you want to lose your $1000). Dealers will always work harder to make you happy if they know you can go elsewhere. If you throw them a thousand dollars that you can't get back unless they screw up (i.e. the car is damaged, or it's the wrong one), then they know they got you by the *****. Then it's guaranteed that your going to buy from them.
Old 5/23/04, 10:56 AM

Well, the way I was thinking about it is when I order the car that would be more or less the time of purchase since price and everything will be agreed upon and I would just wait for delivery and pay for the car when it is delivered. Once ordered I wouldn't expect much from the dealer other then him telling me the car is currently being produced, it's en route, it's arrived, ect... But I don't know, I have never ordered a car before, they have always done a dealer locate for a vehicle that I wanted and traded with another dealership for the car I wanted. I am still up in the air on it right now and I plan on calling a few other dealerships on Monday before I make a decision. The down side is there is only one here in town and I would have to drive a good ways for the others so I can't go talk face to face with them. Especially with gas prices over $2.00 a gallon that could get expensive. I am in no hurry to order since delivery would be approx. 6 months away anyway and I may be able to get a better deal 8-9 months from now when there are more '05 mustangs on the lots. My car is working fine and still under manufacturer's warranty so there is no pressing need to go buy now. I will just wait and see with it and see what happens.
Old 5/23/04, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@May. 23rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
Well, the way I was thinking about it is when I order the car that would be more or less the time of purchase since price and everything will be agreed upon and I would just wait for delivery and pay for the car when it is delivered. Once ordered I wouldn't expect much from the dealer other then him telling me the car is currently being produced, it's en route, it's arrived, ect... But I don't know, I have never ordered a car before, they have always done a dealer locate for a vehicle that I wanted and traded with another dealership for the car I wanted. I am still up in the air on it right now and I plan on calling a few other dealerships on Monday before I make a decision. The down side is there is only one here in town and I would have to drive a good ways for the others so I can't go talk face to face with them. Especially with gas prices over $2.00 a gallon that could get expensive. I am in no hurry to order since delivery would be approx. 6 months away anyway and I may be able to get a better deal 8-9 months from now when there are more '05 mustangs on the lots. My car is working fine and still under manufacturer's warranty so there is no pressing need to go buy now. I will just wait and see with it and see what happens.
good plan B)

Quick Reply: The SCOOP PART 2