2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saw my first GT in person today.....

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@November 28, 2004, 9:53 AM
giddyup.......if u buy the torch red with red ICAP haha ur not gonna need coffee in the morning when u wake up....ur gonna sit in ur car and wake right up with all that red haha
Yeah, that's a fact. I guess this is why Jay Leno got Red on Red....he couldn't find the "JO" on his way to work.
Old 11/28/04, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

In 1987 I went with the V6 Firebird for all of the same reasons you quote and after a while I found myself wishing I had bought the V8. never again will I buy a new car without every option I can get, and never again will I say, I sure wish I had...
Old 11/28/04, 01:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Okay all.....I've got over my indecision/anxiety attack of last night. I am sticking with the GT, even though some of the features of the V-6 are what I said they are (cosmetics, cost, insurance, fun-to-drive factor). B) I called my salesperson and left her a message on her cellphone to call me today ASAP. The dealership is closed today, but I told her that I would meet her at the dealership as soon as they open tomorrow to work out the #'s on the Torch Red GT. This was my 2nd choice color after the Satin Silver that I ordered. As I said earlier.....this Torch Red GT is flawless in the fit/finish category.....and some I have seen are not (The Satin Silver may be too....never know). I spent an hour before they closed last night looking the car over....and I am satisfied that all panels/seams are what they are supposed to be. If the car is still available, there's a good chance I will be owning it tomorrow. I was a little confused last night to the availability, because I was there until they locked up, and then a couple hours later went back with my GF, and the Torch Red was gone, but there were 2 other '05's sitting on the lot. Guess I'll find out more at the crack of dawn tomorrow......
Old 11/28/04, 01:50 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Torch Red GT....that sounds more like it!!!..Red is a perfect Mustang color...I favor it over silver because it has so many different shades or looks depending on the sun, clouds, light viewing angle..etc....has a lot more life to it than Silver does in my opinion...good luck Giddyup.....Rex
Old 11/28/04, 05:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by rex@November 28, 2004, 12:53 PM
Torch Red GT....that sounds more like it!!!..Red is a perfect Mustang color...I favor it over silver because it has so many different shades or looks depending on the sun, clouds, light viewing angle..etc....has a lot more life to it than Silver does in my opinion...good luck Giddyup.....Rex
Thanks Rex.... The car is nowhere in sight, so I am hoping that the dealer owner drove it home, or put it inside somewhere. If it's still there in the morning without a name attached to it.....I will probably be adopting the Torch GT. I guess the Isuzu Rodeo is what I'm trading in, so I will definitely get alot more money out of it than my GF's Ford Ranger ('98). I did see a new V-6 that got trucked in sometime today, but since the dealership is closed they just dropped it off out front. It's Black with Black Leather, and no IUP....so it really looks stealth-like.....kinda cool, but I am going to get the Torch GT if it's there in the morning. I'm tired of waiting!
Old 11/28/04, 07:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You sure you don't want a V6?
Old 11/28/04, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Falchion@November 28, 2004, 6:18 PM
You sure you don't want a V6?
I have to admit that the Black V-6 looked great, and all the seams/panels lined up perfectly, and having the black leather (I don't like cloth seats) was nice as well. B) I have decided that if the Torch GT is there in the morning, that is what I am going to get, provided they give me something out of my Isuzu Rodeo.
Old 11/28/04, 08:42 PM
GT Member

I'm going to go upstairs and kiss my wife.

She convinced me to get the GT AND she got me an X-Plan pin number!

I am one lucky guy.

If you can afford it, get the GT. You won't regret it.
Old 11/28/04, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I drove my Dad's 96 GT 215 horse same as the 05 V6 and this weekend I drove my Dad's new 05 GT and I have to say the GT is well worth the price. I am going to hold off a couple of years and get a used 05 GT. It will be cheaper and I can keep my current car as a winter car.

I will say this for the V6 it is 100% better then the past V6s, but the over stance and sound can't be beaten in the GT. If you are going to get a V6 I suggest holding off till the 5 speeds are available.
Old 11/28/04, 11:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@November 28, 2004, 8:06 PM

I will say this for the V6 it is 100% better then the past V6s, but the over stance and sound can't be beaten in the GT. If you are going to get a V6 I suggest holding off till the 5 speeds are available.
What do you mean when you refer to the GT's "over stance"? Is this the longer in the tooth fascia's (both front and rear) that hide a little more of the undercarriage.....or something else you're referring to?
Old 11/29/04, 12:53 PM
V6 Member

Really, I dont think you can go wrong with either of them.
If you can afford the GT, and you can still maintain the lifestyle you have now considering the increased payments, gas and insurance over your Isuzu then go for it. You only live once, and a true Mustang is a V8. Thats the way its always been, and thats the way its always going to be.

Personally Ive been in the same boat as you and went both ways on this. Ive decided on the V6 for the very reasons youve mentioned plus I travel a LOT. But if I had never owned a Mustang before (this will be #4), I think I would have to kick my own a** for not getting the GT. You will be happy you did. That being said, the V6 is a strong motor and nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldnt be 'downgrading' to it if it was a bad car.

Fact is they are both great cars and if you can afford either of them then just get the one that makes you happier.
By the way, there will always be faster cars on the road, so dont get too hung up on the 'GT' for the speed reason alone, just get what YOU like best and enjoy it.