2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Run Around From the Dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/06, 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here you have two guys that in their own words broke their cars and now expect FMC to foot the bill and were caught in the process. True the service managers were blowing pure BS or ***** as they had no clue as to the real cause of the problem. Might as well stop whining and pay the bill. As for the clutch install have it done somewhere else. If you are going to play you will have to pay. I do!!
I better check my wheel wells for rubber before the next trip. They might think I have been drag racing LOL WHO? ME!
Old 5/24/06, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Dude this is TEXTBOOK, right out of the article in the latest Muscle Mustans/Fast Fords written by that lawyer about warranty work. Find it and read it and it describes your situation exactly. When it comes down to it, its the specific dealership you deal with, and more than that, the SERVICE GUY.
Which issue was that? I stpped by "Barnes and Noble" and it's not in the July issue.
Thanks!
Old 6/1/06, 05:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mongoose
Here you have two guys that in their own words broke their cars and now expect FMC to foot the bill and were caught in the process. True the service managers were blowing pure BS or ***** as they had no clue as to the real cause of the problem. Might as well stop whining and pay the bill. As for the clutch install have it done somewhere else. If you are going to play you will have to pay. I do!!
I better check my wheel wells for rubber before the next trip. They might think I have been drag racing LOL WHO? ME!
"Dude, you got nailed... you tried to pull one over on the dealership (and Ford) and they didn't go for it.

Just man up and pay for the repair."

MAV, I gotta side with these guys. You modified it, you broke it, WHY do you expect SOMBODYELSE to pay for it??? THIS is ONE of the reasons why Ford is being a PITA about fixing warranty issues!!! Too many people are abusing the system and F'en it up for the rest of us! Save yourself the grief and drama and just cowboy up, pay for the fix and move on.

I could see if it was an unrelated issue BUT you knew the caues, and the tec KNOWS the cause. They can tell if a part has been replaced or not, he probably saw the scratches on the nuts and bolts on the stock shifter! Knowing he probably could'nt prove it, he just threw out the standard line of "Abuse"

For you to blame the dealer/tec for feeding you a line of BS, when you yourself admit to lying to them is just WRONG! A little integrity goes a long way. Sermon over, you have you ride back now, enjoy it!
Old 6/17/06, 03:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just took my car into today and on my list of complaints was vibrating brakes when i brake at highway speeds. When they first called me they said something about the car being lowered and having aftermarket suspension and they believed that was the cause. So I said "What? the problem is ONLY when im braking and I feel the vibrations through the BRAKE peddle. well they pulled the rotors and guess thats where the problem was so im getting new ones.
Old 6/17/06, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Joediveguy
MAV, I gotta side with these guys. You modified it, you broke it, WHY do you expect SOMBODYELSE to pay for it??? THIS is ONE of the reasons why Ford is being a PITA about fixing warranty issues!!! Too many people are abusing the system and F'en it up for the rest of us! Save yourself the grief and drama and just cowboy up, pay for the fix and move on.
+1

I used to do stuff like this when I was a teenager - trying to get others to accept responsibilty for my problems/mistakes just to save a little cash/time. Time to grow up and accept some responsibilty. Sorry if that's harsh, but sometimes it needs to be said.

Even if you blame B&M for a bad shifter, it's still not Ford's problem. By forcing them to deal with it (which thankfully, they didn't fall for) you're just making it more difficult and expensive for the rest of us with who have LEGITIMATE warranty issues.

The problem is yours and/or B&M's - not Fords'. Good luck.
Old 6/20/06, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Dang I'm almost kinda glad my unit is well a sort of virgin ? Its stuff like this that scares the crap outta a person from doing anything ? Gee I really do hope that a car cover does not ruin the motor in anyway or discolor the interior
Old 6/20/06, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Guys. The problem here is that the dealers wont cover you under warranty is because of your aftermarket parts. True the dealer told you BS about the problem, but if you know that they could void your warranty by installing aftermarket products, don't buy the extended warranty. Use the regular warranty and keep it as GottaHaveIt said "a virgin". That way it will save you many problems, arguments, even money if you keep it stock. Just my 2 cents
Old 6/20/06, 08:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Guys. The problem here is that the dealers wont cover you under warranty is because of your aftermarket parts. True the dealer told you BS about the problem, but if you know that they could void your warranty by installing aftermarket products, don't buy the extended warranty. Use the regular warranty and keep it as GottaHaveIt said "a virgin". That way it will save you many problems, arguments, even money if you keep it stock. Just my 2 cents
It will also save you from going fast and doing what the hell you want.
Old 6/20/06, 08:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
It will also save you from going fast and doing what the hell you want.
I'm being serious here
Old 6/20/06, 09:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess I'll also have to remove my Blower to I suppose ?
Attached Thumbnails The Run Around From the Dealer....-blower-action-006.jpg  
Old 6/20/06, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I guess I'll also have to remove my Blower to I suppose ?
Old 6/20/06, 09:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

don't buy the extended warranty. Use the regular warranty and keep it as GottaHaveIt said "a virgin". That way it will save you many problems, arguments, even money if you keep it stock. Just my 2 cents why not extended warrenty ? does it keep you in the crapper longer ? I figured as soon as warrenty gone your hooped anyhow right so with longer coverage they are on the hook longer ?