2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rousted by the Man

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/07, 05:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Stories like that just irritate me. Im so tired of hearing about our guys and gals being profiled because the cops are jealous. But I figure, as long as Im doing what Im supposed to be doing, itll all be okay. Unless of course, Im driving back from Raliegh on a Labor Day weekend Friday at about 2pm, with 100+ cars doing 15-20 over the limit on I95.
Old 9/7/07, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grabber07'
Question: If I am pulled over for some BS reason (exhaust for example) and a police officer asked to see under my hood or trunk... I can tell him no?? And if I do tell him no and he throws some strong arm at me and threatens to write me up for whatever reason if I dont pop my hood...what are my options at that point?
Partly depends on the state you live in and its laws as a retired Deputy Sheriff I know here in Missouri you don’t even have to roll your window all the way down just enough to hand the officer your info if your pulled over at night turn your interior lights on so its easier for the officer to see you and the inside of your vehicle. You can also request a supervisor be sent out but you may be there a while.

I spent the last 5 years of my career training new officers for Road Patrol and Traffic Enforcement and unfortunately most new law enforcement officers are just young educated idiots and have a slight power trip going on in their head. They have little or no experience dealing with the public in general and can be a$$es, your best bet if you run into one of these type officers is to sit tight in your car (best if your hands are in plain sight) and request a supervisor to show up before allowing a search if you feel there is no probable cause. Young pups will be young pups that doesn’t make it right and only time and experience will help with their ability to deal better with the public in general.

A 4 year degree is OK, 600-800+ hours of Academy training is great another 200+ hours of Road Training with a supervisor even better but only time and experience will help you when dealing with the general public with out being a complete a$$.

You will run into cocky arrogant cops but please remember there are just as many realistic minded officers out there too and we have to face the reality/possibility that not everyone is an honest law abiding citizen. One of our goals is to make sure we and our fellow officers make it home safe to our families each night.

We are not all A$$es
Old 9/7/07, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the local law inforcement (not yet at least), but consideing I'm running L/T's with Stingers, I'm bound to have a cop pull me over for the sound of my exhaust. For now, if I spot any speed traps, or cops pullled along the road, I shift it into 5th (my quietest gear) and hope for the best.
Old 9/7/07, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twisted
Partly depends on the state you live in and its laws as a retired Deputy Sheriff I know here in Missouri you don’t even have to roll your window all the way down just enough to hand the officer your info if your pulled over at night turn your interior lights on so its easier for the officer to see you and the inside of your vehicle. You can also request a supervisor be sent out but you may be there a while.

I spent the last 5 years of my career training new officers for Road Patrol and Traffic Enforcement and unfortunately most new law enforcement officers are just young educated idiots and have a slight power trip going on in their head. They have little or no experience dealing with the public in general and can be a$$es, your best bet if you run into one of these type officers is to sit tight in your car (best if your hands are in plain sight) and request a supervisor to show up before allowing a search if you feel there is no probable cause. Young pups will be young pups that doesn’t make it right and only time and experience will help with their ability to deal better with the public in general.

A 4 year degree is OK, 600-800+ hours of Academy training is great another 200+ hours of Road Training with a supervisor even better but only time and experience will help you when dealing with the general public with out being a complete a$$.

You will run into cocky arrogant cops but please remember there are just as many realistic minded officers out there too and we have to face the reality/possibility that not everyone is an honest law abiding citizen. One of our goals is to make sure we and our fellow officers make it home safe to our families each night.

We are not all A$$es
Thanks for the advice and information. I used to live in missouri and now reside in Tulsa Oklahoma... I dont believe the laws are too different here. I dont have anything to hide in my car other than the fact that I have an O/R X pipe and Stingers. But on principle alone I would be weary about letting an officer without cause search my car. So knowing that I can ask for a supervisor is great info. That way the super can deny and educate the young officer.