2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Revelation

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/05, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Kristina, Maybe someone can drop by and comfort you by letting you drive their 05 Mustang. I can't believe you're still C/U. What's your priority?
Old 8/9/05, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm pretty sure her priority is to get the darn car as of yesterday Seriously, I hope her priority is a 10! Mine was and it took 8 weeks.
Old 8/9/05, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05stangster@August 9, 2005, 9:51 AM
I'm pretty sure her priority is to get the darn car as of yesterday Seriously, I hope her priority is a 10! Mine was and it took 8 weeks.
I have a priority 10 and It's been almost a month and I'm not even serialized yet! This whole rumor that spoiler delete is holding up orders is making me almost reconsider spoiler delete. But then again I'm getting the new color, so that might be holding me up also.
Old 8/9/05, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by cyoon@August 9, 2005, 12:57 PM
I have a priority 10 and It's been almost a month and I'm not even serialized yet! This whole rumor that spoiler delete is holding up orders is making me almost reconsider spoiler delete. But then again I'm getting the new color, so that might be holding me up also.
I had my order in since the beginning of June, still c\u, I checked with my dealer yesterday and he said they grabbed the manual trans for some verts. Maybe this week
He said his automatics got pulled last week, and I would be next if they pulled manuals.
Old 8/9/05, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cyoon@August 9, 2005, 1:05 AM
I just discovered that nothing is crankier than a man waiting for his new GT on order. I just sulk every day I read this msg board and hear about all the fun I could be having right now! I feel like a woman as moody as I'm feeling. (No offense ladies) I just want to scream. I want to cuss out my dealer and force Ford to get my car serialized, built and shipped faster. ARRRRRGH! I just needed to vent. Please flame me now, and put me out of my misery! Didn't Shakespear write about this?
ditto man :bang:
Old 8/9/05, 01:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by StangLove@August 9, 2005, 11:10 AM
The dealer said I will have my car by the end of september or early october, but I doubt that.
My dealer told me the same thing when I ordered 1 year ago today. Of course, the car didn't get here until the middle-end of November.
Old 8/9/05, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Kristina, I feel your pain. Been waiting since March.

My weekly emotions waiting for my Mustang:

Monday: :bang:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday: :angry:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
Old 8/9/05, 01:59 PM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by cyoon@August 9, 2005, 12:40 PM
Oh Kristina, Maybe someone can drop by and comfort you by letting you drive their 05 Mustang. I can't believe you're still C/U. What's your priority?

Yep, my priority is 10. It was the same back in March for my phantom '05 order. Part of it is that Canada gets the shaft vs. US orders. Part of it is the region my dealer is in also gets the shaft. I don't want to go to another dealer because I've been with them so long and they've generally been good at giving me as much inside info as they can. Also, I'm getting a good deal on it (that's no affecting my level of service - I really am being given priority).

Latest communication with dealer:

(GSM a couple weeks ago) My last conversation with my Dealer Operations Manager was that he will be receiving his allotment next week and that yours is on the top of the list, we should get a September build.

(Me a week later)Anything new?

Ford's customer service people basically told me "waiting time varies and speak to your dealer as they will have the most accurate estimate for wait times". I don't think they understood my question.

(GSM today) No change yet, I spoke with my Ford rep last Thursday and he confirmed Sept build.

Well isn't that nice. Now my car, the FIRST in the region, is CONFIRMED for a Sept. build!! WOWWWEE. My question is who the H*LL is taking all the FREAKING August builds?! If I find out that it's all the narks in Marketing and Engineering at head office who needs them for events and shows, I'm going to lose it.

Old 8/9/05, 02:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TheWrench@August 9, 2005, 12:24 PM
My weekly emotions waiting for my Mustang:

Glad to know I'm not the only one...
Old 8/9/05, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

We should start a club, doode. I haven't been waiting long either, but coming to sites like this and reading about Stangs all day just make the days drone by very slowly.

I haven't even received my DORA yet. Also, my dealer told me that my order would take longer because of the 18" fanblades.

I have no idea when I'm getting mine, but it NEEDS to be soon...for you see, my current car is about to DIE.

Oh well, with each passing month, thats more money saved up for a bigger down payment and more money for mods...
Old 8/9/05, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

My whole family is absolutely disgusted with me already. Supposedly my car was built on 6/1, sat in Material Hold Jail through June and got bogged down waiting for a truck. :bang: Still not here. :bang: :bang: The dealer is really starting to hate Friday afternoons (which is when I stop by to see if he has an update) and If I call my daughter in the computer room to check something out on this board , she rolls her eyes and says I wish you would get your own already. Since she drives past the dealer to go to work, she stalks the dealership to see if the car is in.

On top of it all, we are having the driest, warmest summer in Wisconsin in 6 years, and I sold my 99 GT convertible around memorial Day. Life is not good right now. :
Old 8/9/05, 06:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by clockworks+August 9, 2005, 2:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clockworks @ August 9, 2005, 2:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't been waiting long either, but coming to sites like this and reading about Stangs all day just make the days drone by very slowly.
[/b]

See, that right there...that's what does it. This is such a great site it's hard to stay away, but weaning yourself from logging on 5 times a day does start to eliminate the anxiety. Sorta.

<!--QuoteBegin-clockworks
@August 9, 2005, 2:08 PM
Oh well, with each passing month, thats more money saved up for a bigger down payment and more money for mods...
[/quote]

There is an upside
Old 8/9/05, 10:58 PM

pffffft..... I sold my jeep wrangler in hopes of my car arriving back in may after ordering the first week of february...... now I have to drive a POS family honda accord 4 cyl rice mobile until the elusive '06 gt HOPEFULLY arrives in time for another crappy Missouri winter...... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I am in desperate need of a v8 .... tired of getting passed up on the highway....
Old 8/9/05, 11:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BuzzyStang05@August 9, 2005, 1:04 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one...

So Chris, plan on driving from San Diego back to AZ or drop-shipping? And if your priority is 45/7th in line, why is mine priority 49/21st in line??? Teri told me Order 7601 is 1st and I'm order 7622.