2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Revelation

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/05, 11:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I just discovered that nothing is crankier than a man waiting for his new GT on order. I just sulk every day I read this msg board and hear about all the fun I could be having right now! I feel like a woman as moody as I'm feeling. (No offense ladies) I just want to scream. I want to cuss out my dealer and force Ford to get my car serialized, built and shipped faster. ARRRRRGH! I just needed to vent. Please flame me now, and put me out of my misery! Didn't Shakespear write about this?
Old 8/8/05, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cyoon@August 9, 2005, 12:05 AM
I just discovered that nothing is crankier than a man waiting for his new GT on order. I just sulk every day I read this msg board and hear about all the fun I could be having right now! I feel like a woman as moody as I'm feeling. (No offense ladies) I just want to scream. I want to cuss out my dealer and force Ford to get my car serialized, built and shipped faster. ARRRRRGH! I just needed to vent. Please flame me now, and put me out of my misery! Didn't Shakespear write about this?
I know how you feel. :bang:

When did your stealer tell you would receive your GT?
Old 8/8/05, 11:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mffarrell@August 8, 2005, 10:14 PM
I know how you feel. :bang:

When did your stealer tell you would receive your GT?
He claimed sept. But I highly doubt it. I am priority 10 though.
Old 8/8/05, 11:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, this whole waiting thing stinks! Hopefully I'll get delivery the beginning of Sept. and it can't come soon enough. Besides my wanting the Stang, the tires on my Xterra are almost bald and I have a slow leak in one of the rear tires. This close to trade in, I don't want to spend more $$ on tires.

I'm close to getting my home equity loan for my car and now have to up the loan amount to include a new A/C unit for my house. I'll probably replace everything, including heater, fan, etc. while I'm at it. More stress on top of waiting for the Stang!!!!

While things aren't great now, at least we have something to look forward too! Hopefully I close on my h.e. loan soon so I can start buying parts to hold me over till the car gets here.
Old 8/8/05, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK... no b!tching until you've had to wait more than 3 months like the rest of us!
Old 8/9/05, 01:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by don_w@August 8, 2005, 11:45 PM
OK... no b!tching until you've had to wait more than 3 months like the rest of us!
Just 3 months, i went from june to dec.,did i female dog?? YOU BET I DID.HAHA
Old 8/9/05, 02:48 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by cyoon@August 8, 2005, 11:05 PM
Didn't Shakespear write about this?

yes I believe he did in King Lear, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse."
Old 8/9/05, 04:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

You said flame on....so I will. It's understandable and normal to be anxious, but way too early to get so impatient! A lot of people here waited 5 and 6 months. It'll be worth the wait, believe me. Have a cold one and relax.
Old 8/9/05, 05:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow you waited almost a whole month?! You poor baby. I waited almost 5. I know your just sounding off but 1 month isn't that long. It's worth the wait...trust me!
Old 8/9/05, 06:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@August 9, 2005, 2:51 AM
yes I believe he did in King Lear, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse."
or The merry wives of Windsor

How now, <mustang>! where have you been? I must wait
on myself, must I? You have not the Book of Riddles
about you, have you?

(tenuous I know )

As everyone else says, the wait will be worth it in the end!
Old 8/9/05, 06:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what your going through my dealer told me mid sept but I know that aint gonna happen (priority 40). Just chill out there are guys who ordered in like May and are still waiting so feel bad for them. Yours will be here before you know it!
Old 8/9/05, 06:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just ordered Thursday of last week. I actually like the build up because it will make it that much sweeter when the car gets here. And I still need to make up my mind on some aftermarket stuff, I change my mind daily.

Dealer said 8 wks, with a priority of 15, not bad................
Old 8/9/05, 07:09 AM
V6 Member

I ordered March 7th and am still not scheduled or serialized....NJ stinks. I have to wait over 6 months to get a car to get ravaged by the insurance company. But hey it will sound awesome when it goes vroom and isnt that all that really matters.
Old 8/9/05, 07:15 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are wrong. There is someone that is crankier. Try waiting 8 months for your new mustang, work very hard on the car for a few months in preparation for all of the car shows. Then drop it off at the dealer for what was considered a 6 hour repair, only to find 6 days later they are still working on you car. I missed the biggest car show in our area that apparently I would have won, according to the judges. I just received my CDC shaker system. I want my car back so I can install my shaker system......darn FORD. Please, don't give me a quarter to call someone who cares. I tried that already and they hung up on me
Old 8/9/05, 07:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@August 9, 2005, 1:39 AM
Yeah, this whole waiting thing stinks! Hopefully I'll get delivery the beginning of Sept. and it can't come soon enough. Besides my wanting the Stang, the tires on my Xterra are almost bald and I have a slow leak in one of the rear tires. This close to trade in, I don't want to spend more $$ on tires.

I'm close to getting my home equity loan for my car and now have to up the loan amount to include a new A/C unit for my house. I'll probably replace everything, including heater, fan, etc. while I'm at it. More stress on top of waiting for the Stang!!!!

While things aren't great now, at least we have something to look forward too! Hopefully I close on my h.e. loan soon so I can start buying parts to hold me over till the car gets here.
Why a Home equity loan? you have to be careful, when the fed ups the interest rates which will be done again today, those loan rates go up. Right now you probably can get a car loan for less. Yes, they are tax deductable, but still, the rates can go up and up.

And yes waiting for these GT's stink big time, I had one ordered last January which was canceled, now I am waiting again for one I ordered this past June.
Old 8/9/05, 07:44 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Wrong.

Try BEING a woman AND waiting since March.

That is a force not to be reckoned with.

I hate living with myself these days.

*grumblegrumblegrumble*
Old 8/9/05, 08:05 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Kristina, you win. Nothing on the planet can ever be crankier than a woman
Old 8/9/05, 08:16 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by adrenalin@August 9, 2005, 10:08 AM
Kristina, you win. Nothing on the planet can ever be crankier than a woman

I hate to admit it, but it's true. Unless we're talking about a hungry man - now THAT is some scary s**t.

Regardless, nobody seems to care. Ford hasn't responded to my emails, my dealer seems to have fallen off the face of the earth and it's like it's no big deal! 'It's ok Kristina, pick your nose without a car for 4 and a half months. Watch the hottest, nicest summer on record go by without a car. You've only been waiting for a V8 RWD muscle car for 10 years. It's cool. Maybe we'll get you your car when the first snow comes - does that work for you?'

I WANT MY #*&% CAR!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 8/9/05, 08:24 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Have you thought about placing an order with a different dealer or looking for another car? I'll check the dealer when I pick up my car today. They have several 05's in stock, V6 and GT. It would only be a 3 hour drive for you to pick one up.

Edit: Just talked to my buddy that works there. They sold their last 2 GT's but neither of them were white. They have 6 V6's on the lot but no white ones.....sorry.
Old 8/9/05, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

I consider myself a pretty patient guy. I'm not that frustrated yet, but I think that's because its only been 2 weeks since I got the DORA. So I'm trying to stay calm. Planning my mods is kinda keeping me busy for now. The dealer said I will have my car by the end of september or early october, but I doubt that. I'm not expecting my car here till the end of the year. We'll see. Hopefully I can keep myself occupied for the next few months.

Quick Reply: Revelation