2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Response from Ford Rep

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/05, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88+March 11, 2005, 11:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaGsHoCkEy88 @ March 11, 2005, 11:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mangler@March 11, 2005, 8:22 PM
Greg,

What dealer did you go to? I am getting mine from Village in Ridgewood. I ordered mine before you and I just got my Vin last week. Be patient, unless whereever you ordered from used up their allocations.

Steve

hey steve. i ordered my car from Pistilli Ford in Paramus on rt 17. im 1st in line to get pulled but ive been that for like the 6 weeks. anyways my dealer has done nothing to **** me off exept for one thing, today. i was on the phone with the general sales manager and i asked him a question. he put me on hold and then hung up after like 5 minutes of waiting. i was very upset. now i am contacting the the general manager on monday and im going to be a bit firm. but steve, pistilli ford otherwise has been awesome to me. i was in contact with village ford but i ended up goin elsewhere
[/b][/quote]

I've never heard anything good about Pistilli Ford - In fact I didn't even think about buying from them. You should demand your DORA from them - why are they not giving you the info you need? If they are hanging up on you - I'd get down there tomorrow morning and pull my deposit. Find another dealer that will come through !
Old 3/11/05, 10:07 PM
FR500 Member

they havent given me any trouble. the hangup thing has happened with many dealers with me. when people get busy what can i do?? ive been hung up on by all american ford and that a HUUUUGE dealer. the dora thing is my fault cuz i havent demanded it until last night. soo im getting it monday. they gave me x-plan with no problem. they didnt hassle me or give me crap about not being able to have IUP. they took me into the garage to show me the stangs an t-birds after they put em away. they know that i have alot of info on this car. but part of the problem i admit, is me cuz im sooo anxious. but overall the dealer has been great. alot of other dealers have lied like crazy to me and this one hasnt and they gave me a test drive NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! this dealer is great
Old 3/11/05, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 12, 2005, 12:10 AM
they havent given me any trouble. the hangup thing has happened with many dealers with me. when people get busy what can i do?? ive been hung up on by all american ford and that a HUUUUGE dealer. the dora thing is my fault cuz i havent demanded it until last night. soo im getting it monday. they gave me x-plan with no problem. they didnt hassle me or give me crap about not being able to have IUP. they took me into the garage to show me the stangs an t-birds after they put em away. they know that i have alot of info on this car. but part of the problem i admit, is me cuz im sooo anxious. but overall the dealer has been great. alot of other dealers have lied like crazy to me and this one hasnt and they gave me a test drive NO QUESTIONS ASKED!! this dealer is great
I'm not sure how you say a dealer is great when they hang up on you. I personally would not take a dealers word for anything. I like my dealer and he has provided me with all the info I asked. He also sad that It would be about 8 to 12 weeks for the car to come in. Just b/c they tell you what you want to hear like "you're next to get pulled" does not make them a good dealer. Hey - I hope he's telling you the truth and we are both racing down Rt. 206 by May. I would look into other dealers though but it's hard to find one that will take x-plan.
Old 3/11/05, 10:31 PM
FR500 Member

well im satisfied and im too far along and i can wait. i think we'll be having some fun on 208 by may. the hangup thing tho has happened with quite a few dealers. anyways im fine with my dealer but i hope everything goes good
Old 3/12/05, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 11, 2005, 11:34 PM
well im satisfied and im too far along and i can wait. i think we'll be having some fun on 208 by may. the hangup thing tho has happened with quite a few dealers. anyways im fine with my dealer but i hope everything goes good
Well good luck at Pistilli. I haven't heard too many kind words about them in the past and they didn't seem to want to sell me a car in December. You were smart not to buy from All American. They could careless after they make the sale, All American that is.
Keep an eye out for those county cops on 208 or when the State Troopers do their massive stake out on 208 (usually in June).
Old 3/12/05, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This a great thread, I ordered my car over 3 months ago, I ordered my car in Connecticut, can anyone tell me who my regional rep would be and an address so I can write him...thanks in advance.
Old 3/12/05, 01:16 PM
FR500 Member

its good to see some people from jersey. but the thing with all american is they r a HUGE dealer and dont work 1on1 with the customers. pistilli knows who i am when i call. they havent messed me around tho. and i live by where 208 ends right around the block from the sonoco u see RIGHT when 4 & 208 merge. its totally straight and flat. no cops. theres nowhere to hide. but up by franklin lakes there r tons of cops wow. especially when the weather gets nice. what salesman did u see?? who did u deal with over at pistilli steve??
Old 3/12/05, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 11, 2005, 4:34 PM
hey guys. i thought i could share this with u all. i went to blueovalnews.com and took an email address from the site and emailed the district manager. i actually got a response today. i hope its not bogus what they said to me in it but it gave me alittle sense of comfort finally alittle. ill show it to u guys heres what it said.

Greg-

Based on a note that was sent to Francisco Codina, I understand that you have a Mustang GT order with a New Jersey Dealership. While the Mustang GT demand is great, I am sorry to hear about the delay that you are experiencing, and would like to look into it further.

So that I may investigate, please reply to this email with the name of the dealership and any individuals who you have dealt with at that dealership. As soon as I have your information, I will find out more and follow up with you.

Thanks,

District Manager
Ford Division - New York Region
Phone/fax:
Cell:

..............hopefully this man will help me out which can help some of us out. stuff like this has to be done and i repsonded and hopefully he responds back. i really REALLY hope something happens and if anything does you people will be the 1st to know
Can you PM me the original guy you emailed, so I can do the same, I am also over 3 months...thanks
Old 3/12/05, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly I don't remember who I dealt with at Pistilli because I went to Mahway, Stadium, Tenafly, Mullane, All American, Route 23 Automall, Wayne, Valley, Englewood, Fette and Village (who let me test drive the GT they had) all on the same day. You live near Saddle River Road then. FYI I have seen a Fairlawn cop sit on that grassy knoll before Nabisco and Hawthorne cops do radar from the church on the hill. Hope to see you on the road.
Old 3/12/05, 01:42 PM
FR500 Member

ive been to all those...i drove a silver GT at stadium like 2 weeks ago or so. a black GT at pistilli back in october. i live waaaay far down from nabisco. ill be sure to keep my eyes open tho thanks for the heads up. ill be on the road alittle later than u tho lol....
Old 3/12/05, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mangler@March 12, 2005, 3:42 PM
Honestly I don't remember who I dealt with at Pistilli because I went to Mahway, Stadium, Tenafly, Mullane, All American, Route 23 Automall, Wayne, Valley, Englewood, Fette and Village (who let me test drive the GT they had) all on the same day. You live near Saddle River Road then. FYI I have seen a Fairlawn cop sit on that grassy knoll before Nabisco and Hawthorne cops do radar from the church on the hill. Hope to see you on the road.

Mangler: Great to see you got a build date ! I was able to get Priority 10 at my dealer - They told me most of there customers are 80+ and buy Taurus. Although they seem to have had pretty good Mustang sales last year. I've seen (2) come and go off their lot in the past 3 months (GT) so I hope they are a dark horse dealer and I get picked up soon. Top Notch dealer so far !