2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Birmingham Area Mustang GT orders

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 01:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is for you folks out there in the Birmingham area.

I am curious to what the Birmingham, Alabama area allocation is and what the average wait time is or has been for a Mustang GT order. Also, who did you order it from.

For those of us like me, who have been waiting what seems like forever, maybe there will be some hope in this thread.

I ordered mine from Long-Lewis Ford on December 30th. As of today, March 9th, still no car.

BTW I am not trying to diss any particular dealer. The folks at Long-Lewis have been pretty good to me. I realize my wait is a problem with Ford not my dealership.

Anyone else game?

Oscar
Old 3/9/05, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

6-8 weeks is the wait time.
Old 3/9/05, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Altoid@March 9, 2005, 2:39 PM

Yeah, that is what I was told too. Obviously that wasn't true.

Oscar
Old 3/9/05, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man I hope I get mine as soon as you did altoid, ordered 1/31/05, Atl, GA
Old 3/9/05, 01:53 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Long-Lewis moves product, bottom line. I buy my vehicles from Town & Country Ford and have a great relationship with them. I know from internal T&C documents that it is the goal of T&C to sell 75% of the vehicles L-L sells in the year. I say that to say this, that if any Ford dealer in the state has pull to get vehicles based on sales volumes, it would be L-L. But Mustang GTs are in short supply all over the country, and I don't particularly think L-L has the ability to get you one any quicker than any other dealership.

I would buy from a salesperson who was a Mustang enthusiast, not just a fan. Mustang "fans" don't understand what it means to drive a Mustang, about how we know every nut and bolt that goes into our cars. I would buy from a salesperson that visited this site or any other Mustang enthusiast site so that I knew they were in contact with their customers. I wouldn't ask "do you visit StangNet or do you visit The Mustang Source," I would ask "which Mustang sites do you visit?" If they look at you funny, find someone else. I would buy from a salesperson that believed in frequent communication with his or her customers. I don't want to place an order and not hear a word for eight weeks when the car arrives; I want to know what the status of my $30,000 purchase is.
Old 3/9/05, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Oscar+March 9, 2005, 2:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oscar @ March 9, 2005, 2:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altoid@March 9, 2005, 2:39 PM

Yeah, that is what I was told too. Obviously that wasn't true.

Oscar
[/b][/quote]

Was for me. This seems to be the general average when there are no hold backs.
Old 3/9/05, 02:31 PM
GT Member

I ordered from Woody Anderson Ford in Huntsville 1-20-05, evil robot lady says on rail carrier, expect it here this weekend, also on that shipment the GM told me that the first GT Vert will be with it! If you go on to Ford site to search dealer inventory, since the car is built with VIN it is listed on the web site showing all the options. Zip code is 35811 for all those interested...GM says first come, first serve! the car as of now, is not sold! Woody deals more Mustangs and has allocations, also for all those interested he also has TWO 05 Saleens in the showroom for sale!!!
Old 3/9/05, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I pre-ordered and purchased mine from a small country dealership named Barber-Freeman Automotive in Winfield, Al. About 30 miles past Jasper. They were fantastic to deal with. No crap or high pressure and they sold it to me about $1,000.00 off MSRP.

I can highly recommend them !!!! Ask for Tony Brown, he's the assistant manager. 1-800-890-5105

Have no idea what their allocation #'s are now, but it doesn't look like any dealers allocation #'s are good for GT's.

In my opinion, all the dealers are at the mercy of Ford Motor Company, who has totally screwed up the Mustang launch with all the numerous issues, i.e. production demands, IUP, quality holds, etc., the list goes on - I've never seen anything like it. This has to be either a screwed up mess or a marketing marvel by Ford for supply and demand purposes which in turn means higher prices to consumers of their products.

http://www.barber-freemanautomotive.com/pa...pageheight=100%

Vehicle particulars: Satin Silver GT Premium, 5 Speed, Dark Charcoal w/Red Interior Color Accent, Interior Upgrade Package, Active Anti Theft System, Bright Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels. Order receipt date 5-20-04, Produced date 9-29-04, Ship date unknown, Arrival & Sold date 11-22-04. It got held up in "quality hold" status what seemed like forever.

By the way, the car is awesome and worth the wait.
Old 3/10/05, 05:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Due to a car wreck, I was not able to order. Worked out, because I was not even supposed to have my car until this summer.

In November a yellow came off the truck at Ernest Mccarty. The second I noticed it (was there when they were pulling them off the truck) I knew it had to be mine.
The sales staff there did everything in their power to bring her home to me, and I was absolutely pleased with it and the process.

I know of two people who ordered from there and their average wait time was 8 weeks. I will buy from them again.
Old 3/12/05, 05:23 PM
V6 Member

I ordered on June 10,04 at Freedom Ford in Centre Al..car came in Oct. 13, brought her home the next day.