2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The REAL deal with the V6 IUP hold?

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/04 | 10:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah well, tghe dealer closest to me got in a V6, Auto, w.IUP. I told them I would have taken it but it was Black, no leather, & didn't have the Shaker 500. (It was a V6 Deluxe). That & I would have to had told my delaer 100 miles away so they could have gotten it for me. So, it really wasn't worth the hassel. But I LOVED the IUP & will be totally ticked if mine doesn't have it.
Old 10/30/04 | 11:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@October 30, 2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah well, tghe dealer closest to me got in a V6, Auto, w.IUP. I told them I would have taken it but it was Black, no leather, & didn't have the Shaker 500. (It was a V6 Deluxe). That & I would have to had told my delaer 100 miles away so they could have gotten it for me. So, it really wasn't worth the hassel. But I LOVED the IUP & will be totally ticked if mine doesn't have it.
Mine auto. V6 Sport IUP still hasn't come it I'am getting worried, it has't come in dealership let . The dealership said is transit?
Old 10/30/04 | 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05mach1+October 30, 2004, 11:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05mach1 @ October 30, 2004, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kerafaith@October 30, 2004, 10:58 PM
Mine auto. V6 Sport IUP still hasn't come it I'am getting worried, it has't come in dealership let . The dealership said is transit? [/b][/quote]
How long has it been in transit? I had an 02 & they told me for 3 weeks that it was on the truck being delivered. So I would figure on 3-4 weeks from the time they tell you it was placed on the truck before I get worried. Just my guess. Anywhoo. Good luck. And I hope you get it soon.
Old 10/30/04 | 11:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Been 4 four weeks the dealership said my V6 on transit :scratch:
Old 10/31/04 | 02:42 AM
Bullitt Member

And to clarify, I originally ordered mine on 10-29. Perhaps those that ordered a little before that got in before Ford made a decision. I've notived 2 cars at different dealers had it but with auto trans, & not the color combo I want. I'd wait, but was told it wouldn't matter. If my dilema turns out to be true, then flight96, you just may have ordered right under the wire, hope you get it.
Old 10/31/04 | 07:00 AM

Originally posted by 05mach1@October 30, 2004, 11:52 PM
1 or 2 weeks ago, somebody posts pic's from his new black automatic V6 with red leather interior.

Color accent package needs IUP, right?
Old 10/31/04 | 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by migg+October 31, 2004, 9:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (migg @ October 31, 2004, 9:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-05mach1@October 30, 2004, 11:52 PM
1 or 2 weeks ago, somebody posts pic's from his new black automatic V6 with red leather interior.

[/b][/quote]
Correct.
68R Red accent package requires 18G IUP
Old 10/31/04 | 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by migg@October 31, 2004, 10:03 AM

Yes, anyone who put money down, took delivery, or ordered their V6 weeks ago will get I.U.P. Try to order "today" or "future" in my area of Philadelphia and you can't. I could buy one in stock today with I.U.P., but with automatic & not the color I want. My dealer is Chapman, owner of the racehorse "Smarty Jones". He's got alot of clout. It's not them that are bleeping me, there's nothing to gain. It's Ford. What should have been a great day felt like a punch in the gut. They really took the wind out of my sails on this move.
Old 10/31/04 | 05:51 PM
GT Member

I test drove a black V6 without IUP and I personally think it looks kinda blah. I have to wait until February to get my 05 V6 anyway, so may be it will have the IUP option on it by then
Old 10/31/04 | 08:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I find out at dealership today one of transit companies is on stirke :shock: :notnice:
Old 11/1/04 | 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Sadie, I don't know what color interior the car you drove had. I'm getting Dark Charcoal just like you. I've been staring at photos of the standard interior to de-program myself from drooling over the I.U.P. for over 6 months. All of these were light interiors. I went to a dealer today to see it in person cause I knew it had the Drk Char like mine will. It's just my opinion, but I thought it looked elegant. Kinda less is more. It put my mind at ease & I am pleased with it. the only thing I'd miss is the MyColor & the spokes on the steering wheel. Don't get me wrong, I'll still take I.U.P. if they can get it, but I'm very pleased at how it looked. Will go well with my Redfire.
Old 11/1/04 | 06:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jimascenz@November 1, 2004, 7:00 PM
Sadie, I don't know what color interior the car you drove had. I'm getting Dark Charcoal just like you. I've been staring at photos of the standard interior to de-program myself from drooling over the I.U.P. for over 6 months. All of these were light interiors. I went to a dealer today to see it in person cause I knew it had the Drk Char like mine will. It's just my opinion, but I thought it looked elegant. Kinda less is more. It put my mind at ease & I am pleased with it. the only thing I'd miss is the MyColor & the spokes on the steering wheel. Don't get me wrong, I'll still take I.U.P. if they can get it, but I'm very pleased at how it looked. Will go well with my Redfire.
The black V6 I test drove was light graphite interior. joeuser42 has the exact Mustang that I want(Windveil Blue, dark charcoal interior, spoiler delete, etc), but the only difference is he has a GT where I'm getting a V6. The dark charcoal interior with the IUP looks outstanding.

I would prefer to have the IUP option ... the non IUP didn't look bad, but I think IUP gives the car more edge and class. I'm hoping to place an order in December and if I can't get IUP then that's fine ... I'll live. No biggie.
Old 11/1/04 | 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

quick (and maybe dumb) question...would there be anybody at the sema show that might be able to clarify when the IUP would return to the V6..or is the sema show just for aftermarket parts?
Old 11/1/04 | 08:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by HorsC@November 1, 2004, 9:18 PM
quick (and maybe dumb) question...would there be anybody at the sema show that might be able to clarify when the IUP would return to the V6..or is the sema show just for aftermarket parts?
Some companies will have diffentce IUP parts I'll leaving torrmow afternoon go Sema B)
Old 11/2/04 | 01:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I received an email from Ford Customer Service on 11/1/04. It said according to their information the I.U.P. "is" available for the V6. I think the fellow just checked the Build Your Own deal which of course would have you believe you can. Even the new 2005 website which debuted yesterday would lead you to believe that. So it frustrates me the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing. They still brag about that MyColor feature in your face. Even have a demo where you can change them. I'm sure there'll be aftermarket kits soon for the aluminum accents, but I'd never be able to get the MyColor & Message center. Not at the original cost anyway.
Old 11/2/04 | 01:18 AM
Bullitt Member

For those of you getting an automatic trans, check with your dealer. Perhaps he can check the inventories of others, even in nearby states. The 2 with auto I noticed had I.U.P. The only difference, they didn't have Ext. Sport App. & they had the standard stereo system. Plus in stock they probably sold for above MSRP.
Old 11/2/04 | 06:32 AM
GT Member

jimascenz, the one I test drove didn't have the IUP. I was so impressed with the car overall, I almost didn't notice it. It was still VERY nice, definitely something to drool over. Good luck with your order, I hope everything works out.
Old 11/2/04 | 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rex@October 30, 2004, 8:06 PM
Good things come to those who wait!!!!!
The things that come to those who wait are only the things left by those who got there first

I forgot who said that.
Old 11/2/04 | 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by flight96@October 30, 2004, 10:47 PM
My dealer called me and said it would probably be Dec at the EARLIEST for the IUP in the V6. I sent off an email today to Ford Canada asking for clarification on WTF is going on. I told them Ive read all the BS and wanted the truth from the "horses" mouth...PUN INTENDED...If/when I get a response I will post it here. Its BS that they offer something that they don't have. I feel sorry for the dealers that have to deal with all the P.O'd people that are getting the run-a-round about this. Come on Ford, just tell us WTF is going on!!
hey man...they are not offering something that they don't have. Supply is just very low so it will take a LONG time to get it. Order a GT and your wait will be a little shorter
Old 11/2/04 | 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally! A Definitive Answer. No rumour, mis-information, just fact:
I called Ford Customer Relations today & asked for truth on I.U.P. Her name was Sadie. At 1st she told me according to what she sees here it's still available on the V6. I told her I received an e-mail from Ford Cust. Rel. just yesterday(11/1) stating the same thing, & the way they tout it on the new '05 site which debuted 11/1 along with Build Your Own still leads you to believe it so. I told her I'm getting contracting answers & would like a definitive one for once. Took my info & said she'd look into it, we hung up. Well this girl went right to work, not like the bozo last Friday who said they knew & could do nothing & that the dealers know better than they do. Ok sorry for long post. She calls me back at work today after 20 min. Here's what she found out:
1. Ford just decided last week (the week ending 10/30) to drop this option for "new" V6 orders. Folks I must of missed out literally by a coupla days by ordering 10/29.
2. This decision "stands now".

I told her I'm worried about getting my car in Feb & my neighbor buying one in April with I.U.P. I'd feel ripped off & she understood how I would be. Hence:
3. "No" plans to offer it again in the future on V6's. (Good circumstances could always change this I suppose)
4. The option is available for new GT orders "only".
5. And most important, she's forwarding request to update the website "and" the Build Your Own feature so that you will know that you can't choose this option. (who knows how long that'll take)
So folks, when you see a V6 show up on dealer's inventory in the next 8 or so weeks with I.U.P., it was ordered or built before the last week of Oct.
I thanked her for finally giving me "the" answer & told her there's many of us here who haven't got a solid answer yet with contradicting ones. She said any of you can call Ford Customer Relations to check it out. If they tell you different, tell them to check further cause the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing. or just ask for Sadie. I'm sorry if I've belabored this topic being a newbie & all. Especially to all the long time members. c: