2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04 | 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Do you remember when you placed your order and called the dealer every day to check on the progress?
Remember the huge smile you had on when it arrived?
Remember how great it felt to turn that key and bring that pony to life for your first ride?
WOW !! I have it now!
You were overjoyed!!!

Now some of you have not even made the first payment and you are being super cridical about your ride.

It whines in the rear end or transmission. Motor not sounding like I think it should There is a scratch on my bumper or a ding in the quarter panel.
The loudest whine is coming from you unhappy owners. You and I or any object is not perfect so live with it. We all have a warranty on out rides.
Sad to say but some of you new owners have allowed these things to rob you of your joy.
Turn on your shaker and ride on. You will not hear the whine and you can't see the dings from the drivers seat.

I am in the twilight time of my life and am going to ride my Stallion to the end of the trail with a smile on my face.

I did not post this to be cridical. Only asking you to get your JOY back and smell the flowers. Nuff Said
Old 12/8/04 | 04:42 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

big winds blow from empty caves
Old 12/8/04 | 04:58 PM
V6 Member

Bill,

In case you didn't know it... :scratch: ... this is a 'forum' to discuss ideas, pictures, events, issues, etc...

If you consider discussing problems with our new cars to be 'whining', then I think you have already passed your 'twilight time of your life'.

Maybe you enjoy driving a car with a MIL light staring you in the face, or making noises like an old house, but I don't.

And it's hard for some 05 owners to 'turn on their shaker and ride on', when that's one of the items that has been failing. Can't turn on something that doesn't work !! :angry:

So take your preaching to another forum. On rare occasion when I get to drive the 05, I drive it like I stole it and enjoy putting it through its paces. Doesn't mean I have to be happy with its faults.
Old 12/8/04 | 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Mike, I couldn't have said it better myself! I hate suspension noises, especially popping and gear noise from an improperly setup rear differential. Bill, if your car had some of the problems mentioned on this forum, you might have a different opinion, or maybe you just don't care, but many of us do. I can't turn a stereo up to drown out noises like I could when I was a teenager.

Sure, there may be some petty stuff being mentioned, but many of these problems are real, and I'm glad they are being discussed. It makes potential buyers aware of things to look for, and may even provide Ford better info than any customer survey if they are monitoring this site.

The 05 I drove had significant gear noise, that I would have found intrusive for a brand new car. My 96 T/A had noise too, but I didn't find it bothersome because it wasn't as loud.

If I pay$25k+ for a car, it better have a high level of quality and be relatively problem free.

This site is no different from any other car site and the patterns of discussion items are similar.
Old 12/8/04 | 08:49 PM

i have a whining noise in my trans 05 mustang performence white
Old 12/8/04 | 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rex@December 8, 2004, 5:45 PM

Yeah, and that wind is usually hot, too.

Seriously, Bill, I don't know what "twilight" means to you, but this isn't 1964 anymore, and most current buyers expect their automobiles to be built to current "world class" standards, not '60s standards - which means NOT putting up with whining transmissions...failing audio components...drive-by-wire acceleration and deceleration anomalies...popping suspensions...paint defects...etc, etc, etc...

That said, I can't help but come back to that great piece of advice: "Never buy a first-year model of any car."
Old 12/8/04 | 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@December 8, 2004, 5:16 PM
Do you remember when you placed your order and called the dealer every day to check on the progress?
Remember the huge smile you had on when it arrived?
Remember how great it felt to turn that key and bring that pony to life for your first ride?
WOW !! I have it now!
You were overjoyed!!!

Now some of you have not even made the first payment and you are being super cridical about your ride.

It whines in the rear end or transmission. Motor not sounding like I think it should There is a scratch on my bumper or a ding in the quarter panel.
The loudest whine is coming from you unhappy owners. You and I or any object is not perfect so live with it. We all have a warranty on out rides.
Sad to say but some of you new owners have allowed these things to rob you of your joy.
Turn on your shaker and ride on. You will not hear the whine and you can't see the dings from the drivers seat.

I am in the twilight time of my life and am going to ride my Stallion to the end of the trail with a smile on my face.

I did not post this to be cridical. Only asking you to get your JOY back and smell the flowers. Nuff Said
hey man -- we all love our rhides - inside & out // with the shaker overpowering the gear grinding noise... or not. The biggest thing I think is that many of us have waited & watched this car develop from a concept into the car that most of us have purchased. the avearge person out there doesn't care about our interest nor passion. Yeah -- when it's all said and done dings, scratches, accidents etc. will all hapen to all of us in time. -- but for now -- don't please rob my much appreciated joy by parking next to my vehicle & damaging it because you don't care (not you per say - but people) -- understand what i'm saying????
Old 12/9/04 | 12:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I would care too if something wasnt quite right. It would be like a spliner driving you mad. Things like this can't be completely ignored. At least we get a warranty that will not go to waste.
I also think that if Ford haters have seen this forum lately they will say "I told you, it's a Ford what do you expect" I'm not so happy about haters being happy about our problems.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:44 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by rex@December 8, 2004, 5:45 PM
Hey Bill,

I can appreciate your viewpoint. I am one that is having significant problems with my 05', and although I want to ignore the "sounds", it's tough. My biggest issue is the tranny. It's so loud between 45mph and 60 mph, that the radio can't disguise it. Enjoy your ride as you suggested and live your life like Blake Shelton's new song.

Jim
Old 12/9/04 | 05:20 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I don't have any problems with mine yet either but.....thats what this forum is all about. Getting the heads up about what to be on the lookout for. Lighten up a little Bill and if you don't want to hear about someone elses troubles, skip the post and move on. Just my .02 worth.
Old 12/9/04 | 06:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't think ignoring a problem with the Shaker will make it go away. I can see it, you turn up the radio until the you reach 36,001 miles, then something falls off the car and is not covered by the warranty. Then you go back to the dealer and say it has been happening since I bought it, but I just figured I would turn up the radio.

I love my new car. But if others are having problems, I want to hear about it. That way I can keep an eye out for something that might be wrong with mine.
Old 12/9/04 | 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I've got this whining noise coming from my forum, near the top...it sounds like this:

"wwuuhhh aayyyy iiisss eeevvvreee wwwunnn ttttaalllkkkkiiinnnggg"

Think I should take it to my web master to get it checked out?
Old 12/9/04 | 08:28 AM
I Have No Life

I think it is one thing to open a topic or make a post about "There is a noise coming from the back end of my car, anyone else have this issue" compared to "There is a noise coming from the back end of my car, how could FORD do this to me. They need to fix this asap, what a joke, blah blah blah blah blah".

I definately like to hear about any issues people are having about their cars but don't sit there and harp on FORD about it if you are not bringing it back to the dealer and having them fix the problem. That is why cars have a warranty. Manufactures expect something at some point in time (yes even if the car has 1 mile on it) will have a problem.

Using the Shaker as a suggestion to ignore the noise is a tough one considering a lot of us are having problems with the stereo. Am I female ******* about it, no. Have I gone to Ford about it, no. Why, cause I am going to wait about 1 year in hopes that they have a new version of the radio to replace the defective ones. If I bring it to them now and say fix it, I will just have the same problem after.
Old 12/9/04 | 08:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'd like to have the opportunity to whine...
Old 12/9/04 | 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Ah, now that the new born is home how sweet the sounds of the crying little brat and the frustation of the new parent(s).

Human and man made they all have their unique problems to deal with. And the earth stops for no one.

So far there has been no whine from the Auto. She sits in the garage now awaiting the smells of springtime. I sure some kind of problem may surface then. Thanks to these forums I'll know what to look for as people discuss their problems

The Shaker 500 works fine so far in the GT. I'm older and love to pump up clear volume and enjoy the sounds of my favorite tunes, so many of my ageing friends do not find that volume tolerable, thats too bad. I Just do not like ba boom, ba boom, ba boom like the younger crowd embraces which makes no sense to me. That's their thing, we had Elvis.

As far as the never buy first year hindsight. If no one bought any of the first ones built, would there be a second year? What would that leave us? No much, Eh?
Old 12/9/04 | 05:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Badsnke98@December 9, 2004, 11:26 AM
As far as the never buy first year hindsight. If no one bought any of the first ones built, would there be a second year? What would that leave us? No much, Eh?
Great point ! And thank goodness that we were rewarded with an amazing car