2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The power of Mustang. This is funny

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/06, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandyman
Put the top down and hold your head high. Screw what they think.
Old 11/14/06, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyway when I first got the car they made some back handed compliments like "must be nice" or "I wish I had your money". Now it has gotten to the point that they barely talk to me and when they do it is short and sweet.

I get this too. Now what I don't understand is why can't they just buy one. You can buy it off the lot now.
Old 11/14/06, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by st06vert
My neighbor then said "is your mustang extension of your manhood"?
You just need something to balance out the Mustang.
Attached Images  
Old 11/14/06, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LBJay
Is that a Mazda?
Old 11/14/06, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I have had some experience with the jealous neighbors. Before I got the car me and three other neighbors of mine would stand around and b.s. from time to time and consume a beer or two. We were kind of a yonger version of the "king of the hill" guys. Anyway when I first got the car they made some back handed compliments like "must be nice" or "I wish I had your money". Now it has gotten to the point that they barely talk to me and when they do it is short and sweet. First of all I am far from rich.....hell if any of you saw my thread last month I was considering selling my car until my wife got a half day teaching job. Second, I have never bragged about the car. It stays in my garage and comes out on the weekends and for car shows. I've even had some fellow officers at work show a little jealously toward me. The car does have strange effects on people. I've always been the type to be happy for people when they get something they want. I have a neighbor with a Hummer and a brand new Vette. I couldn't be happier for him. What is wrong with people?????????????
To be honest, in my opinion your post has the answer. Their attitudes are probably why they CANNOT afford the car. With attitudes like that, I'm sure you're not the first person to be *issed off by them and it's probably affected their ability to get ahead or who knows what.

GROW UP PEOPLE! This is grade school behavior. You're supposed to be past this kind of emotion once you're like 23 years old.
Old 11/14/06, 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

st06vert --- Don't let that guy bother you. Just do your own thing!!!!! It's not worth the hassle.
Old 11/14/06, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST
The funniest part of all this jeleousy we are all experiencing... is the car only costs 25,000... it's NOT a bmw (47k for the one i like) or a Mercedes..

People act like the Mustang costs a million dollars....
You can get one for that price? Have you priced on 07 Vert with all the options? How about 36+!!!!! Not bragging, just saying you can buy a new Z4 for same money!

Here is a coupe for 30,591 and add 5500 for a vert!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11/14/06, 10:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Talk about David & Goliath
The Mustang dwarfs the Miata.
Old 11/15/06, 12:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

And Mustangs aren't even that big...
Old 11/15/06, 02:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

...Now what I don't understand is why can't they just buy one. You can buy it off the lot now.
I think some of the jealousy is from guys who've spent as much (or more) for their rides than we have but ended up with something boring because they (or their wives) decided they needed something more "practical".
Old 11/15/06, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Every_Mn
And Mustangs aren't even that big...
You know you say that, but put it next to other Mustangs and this one is so much bigger. You do not realize it until you see them up against another car.
Old 11/15/06, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
The Mustang dwarfs the Miata.
You should be in the car when a Semi goes by.....

I'm used to small cars, had an 88 Festiva as a second car for 13 years. It was 15 inches shorter than my Miata.
Old 11/15/06, 09:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

You should be in the car when a Semi goes by.....

I'm used to small cars, had an 88 Festiva as a second car for 13 years. It was 15 inches shorter than my Miata.
You need one of these then.
Attachment 13820
Attached Thumbnails The power of Mustang.  This is funny-clowncar.jpg  
Old 11/15/06, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

You need one of these then.
Attachment 13820
I'd prefer one of these...

Old 11/15/06, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
You can get one for that price? Have you priced on 07 Vert with all the options? How about 36+!!!!! Not bragging, just saying you can buy a new Z4 for same money!

Here is a coupe for 30,591 and add 5500 for a vert!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW
I got mine for $26,950 with just two options: IUP and Shaker 500...
Old 11/15/06, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

You know you say that, but put it next to other Mustangs and this one is so much bigger. You do not realize it until you see them up against another car.
Back when I still had my '98 Mustang, I'd park them side by side and the difference in length and width was only about 4 inches. The S197 just seems much longer and bigger because the grille is bigger and upright instead of the front of the car sloping and tapering toward the front bumper like the SN95.
Old 11/15/06, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

i prefer...

First of all I am a professional family man with 2 kids. This year I bought a 2006 mustang vert. I bought the car same reason why everyone bought theirs. I never brag about the mustang or anything I have. Even when I leave the house I coast down the hill because I have frpp stinger just not to attract attention. I even leave the top up just so everyone doesn't think I am showing off. This car is a weekend car. We also live in a upper middle class neighborhood.

Well yesterday while I was washing the car and vacumming it, my dog went over to the neighbors driveway briefly and my neighbor was standing there. I called the dog back right away. My dog is a gentle dog too, he was just sniffing around. Well my neighbor blew his top and said if he sees my dog on his driveway he is going to kill it. So I said go ahead and do it. My neighbor then said "is your mustang extension of your manhood"? Then he challenge me to brawl in the middle of the street. If not for my kids and his kids I would have beat the guy up. I am 2x bigger than this guy. Incidentally someone restrained me. The guy is a professional and has been laid off for 2 years and just been a homemaker. I can't believe how people are jealous of this car. I told my wife and she said "the guy went postal." His adult kid came to me later and apologize. You guys should be proud of your car. I didn't know it has impact on other people. I personally think the car is nice but not enough for me to blow my top off.

to say its a V8 extension of my unit...a loud one at that...muahahahaha
Old 11/15/06, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

True. Especially compared to a 1st gen, like a '66.
Old 11/16/06, 03:07 PM

I am always surprised when someone thinks the Mustang is expensive. Geez, my wife's Honda minivan cost over $5k more than my Mustang! For that matter a base model V6 Mustang can be had for less than the price of a Civic.

IMO a big part of the appeal of the Mustang is that they are such bargains!

Kevin
Old 11/16/06, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

ooo my 85K car can beat your 27k mustang

lol

id hope so....loser

why do people that own BMW's..or lease em..lol drive like such ********?

whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? the porcupine has the ****** on the outside

Quick Reply: The power of Mustang. This is funny