2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The power of Mustang. This is funny

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/06, 03:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hi5.0
...Let it go, you know he's not worth losing sleep over. The power of the 'Stang indeed!
+1! Where I live (San Francisco Bay Area) my GT is actually considered an inexpensive car. Benzs and Bimmers are far more common than Mustangs around here. Nevertheless, some ******* saw fit to dump a cup of coffee on my car while I was parked at a McDonald's recently and left the empty cup next to my driver's door so I wouldn't miss it.
Old 11/14/06, 05:10 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a good one...I had one guy with an 06' Toyota Landcruiser tell me I make too much money....

Better one...then his buddy who just purchased an 06' Porsche Boxster S tells me "it must be nice..."

Anyway enjoy your car you have worked hard for it and make sure you keep it in the garage when the neighbor tool is lurking around...(which is always seeing as he has no job and no life).
Old 11/14/06, 06:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by M6_I_SPANK_ALL_MUSTANGS
WHAT POWER....OOOHH I CAN BURN MY TIRES AND CANT AFFORD NEW ONES>>>>CONGRATS REDNECKS.....haha....actually...im looking into buying a new mustang for my son and i need some advice. Im looking for a Saleen or a Svt and i need some advice if anyone wants to let me know what they thing about these cars. I figured I would ask someone on this site because......yeah. Never really been a fan of American cars and want to know which one to buy and why...THANKS

SORRY BOUT THE NAME...BUT ITS TRUE
Sorry about having to hijack the thread for a bit (although it's been done by the quoted poster already), but I must say some things to this guy.

1. Calling the other members of a forum "rednecks" in your first post ever on a board will not earn you many friends or any sympathy in the future, for that matter.

2. All of us here, being sports car fans, know what a BMW M6 is and what it can do. Boasting its power is somewhat redundant and therefore futile. Moreover, claiming that it can "spank [all] Mustangs" is yet another known given and it's not something an intelligent person would say without it being a reply to a contradicting remark. It's merely stating an obvious fact which nobody here would repute.

3. It seems very immature to boast about how a 650HP car can "spank" a 300HP one. We here would never join a Hyundai forum simply to say that a Mustang would spank an Accent. What's the point?!

4. Now we get to the inaccuracies of his signature and post. First, there is no '08 M6 yet, or any other '08 BMW model in the line-up. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, blaming it on a possible spelling mistake, whereby he actually meant '07. Second, the current model M6 has 507HP (500 in the US), not 650. The likelyhood of a spelling mistake is minimal here. Third, the term "all Mustangs" includes some cars which have been so modified as to equal and ever surpass the performance of a BMW M6. No benefit of the doubt can be given to this statement anymore, as it seems to have emerged from lack of knowledge. And when that already-mentioned intelligent person lacks knowlegde about a certain topic, he refrains from making such statements regarding it. Especially generalizing ones like "all Mustangs"!

5. Finally, his other post from the thread (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php?p=779742&postcount=4) where he suggests buying a BMW or a Subaru to someone inquiring about handling mods for a Mustang clearly denotes ill-will, thus making him unwelcome on TMS.

In conclusion: off, idiot! (I've had enough with being a nice guy to you!)

Thanks for your time. Now, back to topic.

EDIT: Now I've just noticed he's already been banned. Well... such an eloquent argument posted in vain!
Old 11/14/06, 06:30 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Back on topic...
Problem solved
Old 11/14/06, 07:01 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
+1! Where I live (San Francisco Bay Area) Benzs and Bimmers are far more common than Mustangs around here.
See, now THAT'S a good thing...makes your Stang rarer even if it is less expensive!

I gotta say, I don't see many SN-197 GTs around my parts. Sure, they're not UNCOMMON, but neither are they a "me-too" car like Civics, Camrys and Accords.

And the best part of all: the new Stang won't be mistaken for ANYTHING else on the road. It is unique, so even if you live in a part of North America where there are quite a few around, no one will ever be squinting trying to figure out if that's a Lexus IS350 or a new Corolla...or maybe that new fangled Hondoyota XYZ.

As to the originating topic in this thread: the Mustang GT is one of the best looking coupes on the road today, plain and simple.
Old 11/14/06, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I understand all about the jelousy thing. I'm 19 and got my V6 when i was 17. The mustangs were just comming out and i got a brand new one. A lot of people branded me as a "rich" kid, even though there was a 16 year old girl whos daddy bought her a brand new GTO. Anyways as the years have past i have put about 10K in my car. So now it just looks amazing at least to me and now when i pull up to the parking lot at my college i can just feel everyones opinions about me.. I've also been told that im rich an what not. What they dont know know is that i work everyday and have for years. People just assume what they want to and wont believe otherwise.
Old 11/14/06, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang05
I've also been told that im rich an what not. What they dont know know is that i work everyday and have for years. People just assume what they want to and wont believe otherwise.
That's a good enough excuse never to feel embarassed for the money you have. Good for you!

I don't get it, since when has work become shameful? Oh yeah, maybe since the rise of the "pimp culture"... Now this is funny, the Mustang becoming a "rich man's car"!...
Old 11/14/06, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Like everyone else here, I purchased the car because we like it and enjoy the past experience this car brings. I had no idea that this car can bring this kind of reaction. When this car first came out , a neighbor few houses down purchase the first one in our neighborhood. I wasn't even jealous. I know I was looking for an old convertible. I almost purchased a 68 convertible corvette but I missed it by 30 minutes. I missed buying a 57 vette by 40 minutes. Then I gave up on old cars because of barrett jackson this and that B.S. I then started looking at my option about restoring or buying new. With 2 kids and a spouse, thats when I started looking at the vert stang. When I drive it to peoples house, you can see some think I am showing off. If anything else that really enjoys the car are my kids. My son doesn't know how to react yet when friends comment about the car. With me I enjoy the experience of the top down and shifting the t handle hurst. I took the car in a deserted business street for the first time and I wanted to see what the car can do. With my kids in the car I let it rip. 3k rpm launch, all I can say its not that bad.
Old 11/14/06, 08:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

People can be such jackasses Where I live I have never had a negative reaction to my car, at least not yet.
What I get is people driving up beside me, rolling down their windows with a thumbs up and comments like, "Your car is beautiful", "That thing looks awesome" and my personal favorite, "WOW I didn't know your dad had that AWESOME MUSTANG !" Priceless.

I have been accused of going through a midlife crisis, but I just say whatever, I bought the car because it looks great.

Ignore the jealous *******, he is just envious of your car, your job and probably your wife.
Old 11/14/06, 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Dude the effect this car has on people is nuts.....

I can't tell you HOW many guys in Dodge trucks down here feel the need to NAIL IT off a stop light or blow past me in traffic to show me how AWESOME their truck is compared to my stang.... I just laugh it happens so often....
That is the truth. Coming back to work from lunch and a silver RAM pulls in front of me and nails it. I just chuckle as well.

What people don't realize, we don't HAVE to prove anything about our cars. They know it and it burns some people up. Don't really understand why....
Old 11/14/06, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

WHAT POWER....OOOHH I CAN BURN MY TIRES AND CANT AFFORD NEW ONES>>>>CONGRATS REDNECKS.....haha....actually...im looking into buying a new mustang for my son and i need some advice. Im looking for a Saleen or a Svt and i need some advice if anyone wants to let me know what they thing about these cars. I figured I would ask someone on this site because......yeah. Never really been a fan of American cars and want to know which one to buy and why...THANKS

SORRY BOUT THE NAME...BUT ITS TRUE
I smell TROLL...
Old 11/14/06, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I told him he could pick any car he wanted
Are you looking to adopt?
Old 11/14/06, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had some experience with the jealous neighbors. Before I got the car me and three other neighbors of mine would stand around and b.s. from time to time and consume a beer or two. We were kind of a yonger version of the "king of the hill" guys. Anyway when I first got the car they made some back handed compliments like "must be nice" or "I wish I had your money". Now it has gotten to the point that they barely talk to me and when they do it is short and sweet. First of all I am far from rich.....hell if any of you saw my thread last month I was considering selling my car until my wife got a half day teaching job. Second, I have never bragged about the car. It stays in my garage and comes out on the weekends and for car shows. I've even had some fellow officers at work show a little jealously toward me. The car does have strange effects on people. I've always been the type to be happy for people when they get something they want. I have a neighbor with a Hummer and a brand new Vette. I couldn't be happier for him. What is wrong with people?????????????
Old 11/14/06, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

The funniest part of all this jeleousy we are all experiencing... is the car only costs 25,000... it's NOT a bmw (47k for the one i like) or a Mercedes...

25k is less than the average price of a new car.

My 3.2TL-S was stickered at 33k (got it for 28)....

People act like the Mustang costs a million dollars....
Old 11/14/06, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST
People act like the Mustang costs a million dollars....
The looks say it does cost a million bucks. The appearance of this car is simply amazing
Old 11/14/06, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's kind of like the weird stereotype associated with Harley owners. Most people think they must be mean SOBs and look like they eat kittens for breakfast. Wrong! Some of the nicest people i've ever meet own Harleys.

Mustangs sort of have that "bad boy" mystique. Think about all of the movies ever made with a Mustang in it. They all center around reckless abandon! Maybe people still see the Mustang as a car owned by "bada$$es" trying to prove something to the world by being a rebel.

I'm a bada$$, but only cos I bought my car for 1/2 the price of a BMW and I get almost the same amount of ameties and performance from a car made in the USA.
Old 11/14/06, 11:13 AM
Big Falken Tires

Funny thing is, I look at the Camaro concept and it still looks like three different car designs jammed together for me....

Then was watching the History Channel 'Our Generation' show on the weekend about the Stang and they did a fade from a late 60s stang to the redfire 05 on the turntable with the chrome fanblades they started showing in 04 to show off the final design..... and MAN it just drives home how RIGHT the designers got it. The things just comes together as a great unified design...

And yet, even with the cues from the older classic stangs, there is still bits of SN95 DNA in there, as every once in a while on the highway, I'll spot a stang from the back from way off and for a minute while looking at the tail lights, mistake an SN95 for an S197....

Old 11/14/06, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Jim throwing that coffee at your car is just wrong. Hey karma, trust me.

Well guys with all this jealousy, envy and thumbs up I felt like I made the right decision on buying this car.

If I see a nice car or a if someone in our neighborhood has a ferrari I never cared. There is a guy on our street who bought a 71 corvette. I know this is horrible of me but I told my son to walk the dog and walk by it if its park on the street to see if its a stick or auto. I still would pick a muscle car over a lamborghini. I missed the wild cams of the 60's

Okla, everytime I see that cobra front ohhh I am getting the itch. Just waiting on the cobra to settle and maybe a vert cobra.
Old 11/14/06, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by st06vert
First of all I am a professional family man with 2 kids. This year I bought a 2006 mustang vert. I bought the car same reason why everyone bought theirs. I never brag about the mustang or anything I have. Even when I leave the house I coast down the hill because I have frpp stinger just not to attract attention. I even leave the top up just so everyone doesn't think I am showing off. This car is a weekend car. We also live in a upper middle class neighborhood.

Well yesterday while I was washing the car and vacumming it, my dog went over to the neighbors driveway briefly and my neighbor was standing there. I called the dog back right away. My dog is a gentle dog too, he was just sniffing around. Well my neighbor blew his top and said if he sees my dog on his driveway he is going to kill it. So I said go ahead and do it. My neighbor then said "is your mustang extension of your manhood"? Then he challenge me to brawl in the middle of the street. If not for my kids and his kids I would have beat the guy up. I am 2x bigger than this guy. Incidentally someone restrained me. The guy is a professional and has been laid off for 2 years and just been a homemaker. I can't believe how people are jealous of this car. I told my wife and she said "the guy went postal." His adult kid came to me later and apologize. You guys should be proud of your car. I didn't know it has impact on other people. I personally think the car is nice but not enough for me to blow my top off.
Put the top down and hold your head high. Screw what they think.
Old 11/14/06, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
I've been fortunate to have all very pleasant neighbors. Even the one who is a GM mechanic. He teased me about getting a "Rustang", but only in a gentle friendly way. He likes their looks too.

I have also been through the midlife crisis questions. I just tell them I've been driving Mustangs since I was 17. It just took me this long to get one exactly the way I wanted it!

And heack yeah, put the top down. My top is down if I am driving from one store to the next! Verts are so much fun.

Quick Reply: The power of Mustang. This is funny