2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The power of Mustang. This is funny

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/06, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The power of Mustang. This is funny

First of all I am a professional family man with 2 kids. This year I bought a 2006 mustang vert. I bought the car same reason why everyone bought theirs. I never brag about the mustang or anything I have. Even when I leave the house I coast down the hill because I have frpp stinger just not to attract attention. I even leave the top up just so everyone doesn't think I am showing off. This car is a weekend car. We also live in a upper middle class neighborhood.

Well yesterday while I was washing the car and vacumming it, my dog went over to the neighbors driveway briefly and my neighbor was standing there. I called the dog back right away. My dog is a gentle dog too, he was just sniffing around. Well my neighbor blew his top and said if he sees my dog on his driveway he is going to kill it. So I said go ahead and do it. My neighbor then said "is your mustang extension of your manhood"? Then he challenge me to brawl in the middle of the street. If not for my kids and his kids I would have beat the guy up. I am 2x bigger than this guy. Incidentally someone restrained me. The guy is a professional and has been laid off for 2 years and just been a homemaker. I can't believe how people are jealous of this car. I told my wife and she said "the guy went postal." His adult kid came to me later and apologize. You guys should be proud of your car. I didn't know it has impact on other people. I personally think the car is nice but not enough for me to blow my top off.
Old 11/13/06, 03:11 PM
V6 Member

Hey man, don't even sweat the guy. There will always be jealous people out there whether your driving a mustang or a tricycle.

And yes..our Mustangs are just external representations of our manhood.
Old 11/13/06, 03:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear that...My Mustang will be here soon...I have talked to many people since I have ordered it...I have had mixed messages...After reading your story I have to assume many of the people I talked to are in fact jealous...I have since not said anything unless I am asked when it will arrive...I do not want to show off...I just want my New Mustang GT...I Love the new look and I am sure it will be everything I expect it to be...I sold my 95 Mustang GT for this new one and really Loved my old one...Although, this new look is really Hot...

I hope everything works out for you...No one needs problems like that...
Old 11/13/06, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds to me like the "man" is having problems taking care of business with the Mrs and has to vent his inadequecies somehow
Old 11/13/06, 03:45 PM
Banned

Are You Serious??

WHAT POWER....OOOHH I CAN BURN MY TIRES AND CANT AFFORD NEW ONES>>>>CONGRATS REDNECKS.....haha....actually...im looking into buying a new mustang for my son and i need some advice. Im looking for a Saleen or a Svt and i need some advice if anyone wants to let me know what they thing about these cars. I figured I would ask someone on this site because......yeah. Never really been a fan of American cars and want to know which one to buy and why...THANKS

SORRY BOUT THE NAME...BUT ITS TRUE
Old 11/13/06, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M6_I_SPANK_ALL_MUSTANGS
WHAT POWER....OOOHH I CAN BURN MY TIRES AND CANT AFFORD NEW ONES>>>>CONGRATS REDNECKS.....haha....actually...im looking into buying a new mustang for my son and i need some advice. Im looking for a Saleen or a Svt and i need some advice if anyone wants to let me know what they thing about these cars. I figured I would ask someone on this site because......yeah. Never really been a fan of American cars and want to know which one to buy and why...THANKS

SORRY BOUT THE NAME...BUT ITS TRUE
You have an '08 M6? Is that possible?

PS. I know of many mustangs that would "spank" your M6. You may want to consider changing ALL to SOME.
Old 11/13/06, 03:58 PM
Banned

Im wanting to purchase a mustang for my son because he loves them....I do not wish to MOD it yet because he will only be 16 and i want him to have some experience. The only reason I am going to buy it is because of his love for this car. I told him he could pick any car he wanted and that is what he said. What should i purchase in the new car field?
ohhh...i will change that to some...that is one thing that changed my mind on these cars...i was raped by a saleen the other day driving home. SWEET CAR
Old 11/13/06, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

You took over someones post. Thats a no-no.
You plan on buying a teenager a sports car. That is an even bigger no-no.
I would suggest that you get him a different car, one that is safer and more economical.
You don't give your son a car, just because he loves a car.
As a parent, consider what is best for him, instead of supplying his every want.
At 16, I could not handle a Mustang, neither could your son.
I would suggest a non-sports car. If you are staying with Ford, the 500 or the Focus hatchback are nice. If looking at foreign, consider the Scion TC or the Honda Accord.
Old 11/13/06, 04:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by The Reverend
You took over someones post. Thats a no-no.
You plan on buying a teenager a sports car. That is an even bigger no-no.
I would suggest that you get him a different car, one that is safer and more economical.
You don't give your son a car, just because he loves a car.
As a parent, consider what is best for him, instead of supplying his every want.
At 16, I could not handle a Mustang, neither could your son.
I would suggest a non-sports car. If you are staying with Ford, the 500 or the Focus hatchback are nice. If looking at foreign, consider the Scion TC or the Honda Accord.
He writes much more like he IS the 16 year old boy and obviously his car does not exist since the M6 will be out next spring.
Old 11/13/06, 04:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

08 already, the 07's barely came out
Old 11/13/06, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
08 already, the 07's barely came out
Something smells fishy Edson. Unless BMW works 1 year in the future.
Old 11/13/06, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Back on topic, I was told I must be going though a mid life crisis when I got my 05 GT. I said that might be true if this was not my 5th stang.

As for the BMW we all know what that stands for. Sounds like M6 is the one that needs "things" to prove how BIG he is.
Old 11/13/06, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
Sounds to me like the "man" is having problems taking care of business with the Mrs and has to vent his inadequecies somehow
You mean he has some short comings?
Old 11/13/06, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Talking

dont coast down the street anymore... it's fair game now.

tell him next time to pull the panties out of his asscrack and go get a ****ing job instead of being a house *****.... then maybe he can afford to have his own midlife crisis.

Old 11/13/06, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

The wife let go of herself too. She is a heavy person. Not that she was nice looking to begin with.

Yeah I would not believe that it was about my car but the guy repeated it about 3x. He said " so you think you are tough now because of your car". I was just amaze.
Old 11/13/06, 08:20 PM
V6 Member

His wife has probably been telling him how much she likes your car and he's now sick of hearing it.
Old 11/13/06, 08:36 PM
GT Member

M6 is obviously a troll, and hopefully he will go away if he is ignored.
Old 11/13/06, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GTblackvert
His wife has probably been telling him how much she likes your car and he's now sick of hearing it.

His wife likes my car. I just smile back. I get embarassed when they talk about my car.
Old 11/13/06, 08:47 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by st06vert
His wife likes my car. I just smile back. I get embarassed when they talk about my car.
Dude the effect this car has on people is nuts.....

I can't tell you HOW many guys in Dodge trucks down here feel the need to NAIL IT off a stop light or blow past me in traffic to show me how AWESOME their truck is compared to my stang.... I just laugh it happens so often....
Old 11/13/06, 10:51 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Dude the effect this car has on people is nuts.....

I can't tell you HOW many guys in Dodge trucks down here feel the need to NAIL IT off a stop light or blow past me in traffic to show me how AWESOME their truck is compared to my stang.... I just laugh it happens so often....
"Does it have a "HEMI"?" Ugh, I think those guys view their trucks more as an extension of their manhood. We got those kinds here too (not limited to Dodge).

As for your neighbor st06vert, he's obviously jealous - 'cause I know I am! Let it go, you know he's not worth losing sleep over. The power of the 'Stang indeed!

Quick Reply: The power of Mustang. This is funny