2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pedders Camber Plates: Important info about thrust bearings

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/22, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pedders Camber Plates: Important info about thrust bearings

Hey guys,

As owners of Pedders camber plates, you probably know that it doesn't come with thrust bearings to eliminate spring bind and popping when turning. Even though the instructions don't mention the reuse of the thrust bearings and spring perch that comes with your XA coilovers, you can definitely use them according to Pedders when I emailed them about it.

Thrust bearings on original tophat

Thrust bearings removed

Old 2/4/22, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well that would have been good info to include in the instructions! Curious, how are you adjusting the plates when they’re on your car given you can’t access the adjustment nuts?

I had my camber plates on for less than 6 months, didn’t even have them adjusted at all, and barely even drove my Stang due to covid and wfh. Had them removed because ultimately decided I’m not going to be messing with my camber much if at all.

Anyone interested in a practically brand new set of the camber plates, dm me.
Old 2/12/22, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by NeoGeo630
Well that would have been good info to include in the instructions! Curious, how are you adjusting the plates when they’re on your car given you can’t access the adjustment nuts?

I had my camber plates on for less than 6 months, didn’t even have them adjusted at all, and barely even drove my Stang due to covid and wfh. Had them removed because ultimately decided I’m not going to be messing with my camber much if at all.

Anyone interested in a practically brand new set of the camber plates, dm me.

I can't adjust the camber plates with them installed. I got lucky on the first try and got the camber where I wanted it.
Old 2/12/22, 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally had some time today to install the original thrust bearings on top and a Jegs thrust bearing on the bottom. I originally had the Jegs piece on top and nothing on the bottom, which worked, but I wanted to do top and bottom since Pedders suggested I move the Jegs piece to the bottom and use the original one on top so the spring will move fully independent of the strut.

Video of fully independent spring movement.