2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Once in a lifetime oppertunity

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/05, 12:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of mine in Caliornia has a Ford GT....will be over there next week so maybe i'll get in the passenger seat
Old 11/7/05, 12:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Badandy@November 6, 2005, 9:41 AM
You know, I take objection to that. I'm not saying I am rich, but that's a pretty ignorant statement to make. That's really not true, I know a lot of rich people who are extremely nice, generous, and compassionate people. I know just as many "******" who are poor as who are rich.
Andy, I agree with your sentiments 100%. Thanks for pointing that out to the person who wrote that obnoxious(sp.) statement. I have a story that bears on this discussion with cars, money, and kindness. Years ago, I met a guy who is in his late 70's, at a car show. His car he brought (and drove to the show), a 1964 Ford GT40 Prototype, chassis #103, the oldest remaining GT40 in existance . Talked to him that day for almost an hour. Nicest guy in the world. Turns out, he was a good friend of my father's, they grew up in the same town in Bucks County PA. Here's where the story has some meaning to the quote that Pitch Black said. He recently sold his GT40 (last summer). He owned it for over 38 years. Symbolic Motors in La Jolla CA, specialize in vintage race cars. They "met" his unnegotiable asking price (the car was really never for sale, but the price they offered was too good to pass up).

Needless to say it was sold, and then the car was recently auctioned off in Monterey for $2.5 Million dollars!! :shock: I never asked him what he got for it, nor was it my business to know. I could find out if I wanted to, as he knew how much I LOVED his car, but I don't want to know. Anyway, after he got the check from the place in CA, HE NEVER CHANGED!! Still the same great car person. He has a small collection of cars in his shop in PA, (300SL Gullwing, Ferrari 333SP race car, Mclaren Can-Am race car, among a few others). I even got our dealer to take our new Ford GT over to his shop for him to take a test drive . He regularly tells people, if your in the area, and you stop by the shop, and the blinds on the door are up, everyone and anyone is welcome to stop in to take a look. If there down, he's not home. He'll talk cars for hours. So Pitch Black, this guy has A LOT of money, and can easily afford a new Ford GT, (or 4 of them), does this make him a "*****"? Just like Andy stated in the above quote, just because someone has money, doesn't mean he isn't nice. Sorry for the rant, but Pitch Black's statement , really irked me.
Old 11/7/05, 12:30 PM
FR500 Member

very good point there.....it also depends on the person...like vetter drivers. some give the thumbs up and some give u nasty looks....some r just old. but besides that....i totally agree with u jeff
Old 11/7/05, 05:23 PM

The GT is an amazing ride of a lifetime. That's all I got to say about that
Old 11/7/05, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

In all fairness to Pitch Black, I don't think he meant the guy was a ***** just because he has money. What I got from his comment was that he couldn't believe a guy with the money to buy such a nice car would go and act like such a ***** when another car lover tried to show some appreciation for his nice car. I hope that's what he meant anyway. It's possible y'all spooked him but, there is no need to cut ya off when he could easily out run you.
Old 11/7/05, 07:35 PM
DEA

I got a call from my local ford salesman this weekend. He said they just got a ford GT in the showroom come down and check it out. I must say I was NOT impressed. They didnt have it roped off so we got up close and personal. First of all for 165K you would think you would get painted stripes! You dont . Not only are they decals but they dont even line up.Stripes on nose are 1/8'' off from ones on hood. Fit and finish stinks. Rather have the Z06 and save 100K!!!
Old 11/7/05, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DEA@November 7, 2005, 9:38 PM
I got a call from my local ford salesman this weekend. He said they just got a ford GT in the showroom come down and check it out. I must say I was NOT impressed. They didnt have it roped off so we got up close and personal. First of all for 165K you would think you would get painted stripes! You dont . Not only are they decals but they dont even line up.Stripes on nose are 1/8'' off from ones on hood. Fit and finish stinks. Rather have the Z06 and save 100K!!!
Are you sure it wasnt a Gord FT? :P
Old 11/7/05, 09:30 PM
FR500 Member

well thats ford for u....but under the hood is where it counts...i could only imagine if ford had a v12 supercar....

i just dont understand the lack of quality in some areas
Old 11/8/05, 12:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by DEA@November 7, 2005, 8:38 PM
Dave, to let you know, the stripes that go from front to back ARE painted. The ones on the side of the car are decals. The reason for those not being painted, stones, road debris, etc, may damage them, and can easily be replaced. If I may ask, why did you think the stripes are not painted? If it's because you can feel an edge on the stirpes, that's because they weren't sanded down, and cleared. They were painted, and then cleared, hence you feel the sides of them. There is a GT in my showroom were I work, and the paint is 99.9% flawless. Our car has one of THE BEST paint jobs I have ever seen on a factory Ford Vehicle.
Old 11/8/05, 08:43 PM
DEA

Jeff , That is why I thought it was tape and not paint. Why would they not sand before clear coat? Looks bad IMO. Even if they are painted they dont line up! I guess I just expected more for 165K! Oh well.... I'll never be able to afford one anyway.
Old 11/10/05, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by DEA@November 8, 2005, 9:46 PM
Jeff , That is why I thought it was tape and not paint. Why would they not sand before clear coat? Looks bad IMO. Even if they are painted they dont line up! I guess I just expected more for 165K! Oh well.... I'll never be able to afford one anyway.
Hey Dave, your not alone in seeing a GT that the paint wasn't on par. I had a guy stop in and look at ours, when we first got it. He went all over it, and said he had looked at over 40 different GT's and ours had the best paint, finish, and stripes. He told me he saw a black one, and the paint looked like it was applied with a roller, lol.
Old 11/10/05, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey i live in paramus and thats like 5 min away : D