2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Oh my god1!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 10:45 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@April 6, 2005, 10:06 AM
John, I think you missed where he paid for it, and continues to pay for the car himself. He did not have the car HANDED to him. He earned it, which means in my book, he earned the right to crash it into his garage, get REALLY upset, and ask for options as to how to fix the mess.

Back to your program.
Well slap me silly and hand me a drink. Sorry about that. I only paid attention to his father paying for insurance, but I got caught up in all of the other posts and saw people bashing each other. Well back to what I do best, clean the car while having a cold one
Old 4/6/05, 10:59 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why didnt ford put some of those side view mirrors that "collapse"?!?
Your mirror would not have been beat up like it was.

Once this moron in a big industrial van with no side windows was about to miss his exit on the freeway, so instead of missing it he went through the dirt terrain that seperates the exit and the freeway and hit my side mirror very hard and had me swerve to my right, and luckily it just "collapsed", and stayed in one piece

Hope the mirrors gets fixed like new
It happens to all of us
(ran mom's van into the garage door :bang: )
Old 4/6/05, 11:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I heard once Now this was in Canada that a car not insured or did not have a plate now something happened to it and he managed to get it covered on the propertys insurance because it was on said property ? just a thought :scratch:
Old 4/6/05, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

Not fixing the dent is a bad option. I think that if you read your loan papers you will find that you have an obligation to maintain the car, including repair of any damage. Given that, check with the "paintless" dent repair guys. I have seen them fix stuff that was much much worse.

Congratulations on buying the car yourself at 17. This is a really big accomplishment. Make the payments on time and you are way ahead of the game. You will have the credit history you need when you want to buy a house.

Age is just a number and it works both ways. I'm doing my best to still be a kid at heart. Don't let your age defeat your dreams. I got started early, working 40 hours a week from the time I was 15, got married when I was 20 (still going strong 27 years later), able to retire at 42. There is nothing wrong with getting a head start!
Old 4/6/05, 12:32 PM
GT Member

My comment to this post is "accidents happen no matter what your age is" but you should feel fortunate own a new Mustang GT at your age. Most my friends when we were your age were lucky to have a ride. Even today because of the cost of things a lot of my friends are driving clunkers. The only reason I can afford a new mustang myself is well I still live at home but won't give you details of my age. Anyways, though aggravating I would fix it one way or another.
Old 4/6/05, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by xr7g428@April 6, 2005, 2:24 PM
Not fixing the dent is a bad option. I think that if you read your loan papers you will find that you have an obligation to maintain the car, including repair of any damage. Given that, check with the "paintless" dent repair guys. I have seen them fix stuff that was much much worse.

Congratulations on buying the car yourself at 17. This is a really big accomplishment. Make the payments on time and you are way ahead of the game. You will have the credit history you need when you want to buy a house.

Age is just a number and it works both ways. I'm doing my best to still be a kid at heart. Don't let your age defeat your dreams. I got started early, working 40 hours a week from the time I was 15, got married when I was 20 (still going strong 27 years later), able to retire at 42. There is nothing wrong with getting a head start!
Very well put!!!!
Old 4/6/05, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Well fellas, thanks for the kind remarks and stuff.

My dad didnt have work today so he took the car to two body shops. The ford one estimated it at $930 ... but they are going to repaint the whole fender almostt to get ther paint to blend.

The other was $800 ... not blending as much.

My dad also just took it to dent wizard to see if they can pop the dent out.

Basically he told me this. We have the nsurance set up so my Mom is the primary driver. He thinks we may just claim it on insurance and say my Mom did it and I'll then save the $300-$400 more.

Right now its on the plan as a pleasure car, so the price increase per month wouldnt skyrocket.
Old 4/6/05, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I just caught your thread today Dan. I am amazed at what those dent wizard guys can do, but if it's a vertical crease you may be out of luck.
I know someone who missed the entry to their garage and scuffed the front bumper on brick. It needs a new bumper someday. I also know someone who misjudged and hit the outside edge of their garage parking in the driveway. Paint rubs on the bumper.
It can happen to anyone no matter how old or young you are.
Old 4/6/05, 02:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Dent wizard can't do it they said ...

So ... I'm taking it in Monday to Preston ... it'll be ready Thursday. A whole week without my pony!

Nows the time the rain cane come for all I care.
Old 4/6/05, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@April 6, 2005, 12:16 PM
Well fellas, thanks for the kind remarks and stuff.

My dad didnt have work today so he took the car to two body shops. The ford one estimated it at $930 ... but they are going to repaint the whole fender almostt to get ther paint to blend.

The other was $800 ... not blending as much.

My dad also just took it to dent wizard to see if they can pop the dent out.

Basically he told me this. We have the nsurance set up so my Mom is the primary driver. He thinks we may just claim it on insurance and say my Mom did it and I'll then save the $300-$400 more.

Right now its on the plan as a pleasure car, so the price increase per month wouldnt skyrocket.
"Yes, this is Mr. Hardcore from All State. I spend a lot of time in the Mustang forums because I am a huge fan of the new body style. I read your post with great interest. I understand you had a little fender bender with your car and the garage and now are trying to have your Mom make a claim on it. Is this correct?"

I honestly hope you car gets fixed and everything turns out alright. But be careful when you are trying to lie to insurance companies. I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do, just be careful. We have a great friend who is an attorney State Farm and she makes an absolute fortune representing them in all sorts of litigation.
Old 4/6/05, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Don't use your home owners insurance either, they may contact your car insurance company, or maybe the same company. If your insurance company finds out, your dad may not even be able to pay the insurance. Just my 2 cents.
Old 4/6/05, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

How can they have proof who was driving anyway?

It happened at home and thats that.

Maybe i shoudl delete the last few posts
Old 4/6/05, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by DJ07@April 6, 2005, 3:38 PM

For $300-400, don't claim it. I guarantee regardless of its "pleasure car" status, the premiums will go up, and you will lose that money in the next year in premiums. Also, insurance companies are not beyond investigating you to make sure that it is indeed a pleasure car and not a daily driver for a teenager that claims to be a secondary driver. I am just saying that at your age, you don't want to draw any attention to yourself from insurance carriers. For a few hundred dollars, I can't believe it is even a question of submitting a claim.
Old 4/6/05, 04:35 PM
GT Member

So sorry sweetheart. Wish I could give a hug and make it go away like a bad dream. Since you have the new car and all. Do you have any old stuff you could sell to help with the cash issue. I am sure you are very busy with the car now. Something you don't use. Hope This helps.
Old 4/6/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey how about selling hugs to help raise $$$$
Old 4/6/05, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Or maybe if Henry Ford here was still about he may take a swing like he did testing out soy bean composite truck lid here ?
Old 4/11/05, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by DJ07@April 6, 2005, 3:38 PM

Don't let anything like intergrity play into your decision

This concerns me coming from one so young ..... Why not do the right thing ?
Old 11/2/06, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by DJ07
God why? I just cleaned my car and i went to pull it in my darn garage and I cut it too close and scraped the wheel well a little bit and knocked the side mirror off the right side.

OH MY GOD

Question: Is this type of thing warranted under the dealer or is it comin off my insurance?
at least you didn't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT5mQLy5C4

ds
Old 11/2/06, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was just about to post how i backed out of my garage and ripped off the drivers mirror on my 05 but after seeing that nothing compares.
Old 11/3/06, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

After you get your car fixed; look into getting your garage door opening widened! It'll probably save your family a fortune on bodywork!