2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Oh my god1!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dan,

I wish you the best of luck with the repairs. Dont let it get to you as it could happen to anyone. Now for those others that have given you a hard time have proven to be the real idiots rather than yourself. The other problem Dan with these idiots is that they are so jealouse of you. I bet you anything that they are the type of people who spend all there money in a nice car but live in a trashy trailer and cant even afford to drive it and have 5 jobs to pay for it and live no life.

So again dont let them get to you. They are a waiste.

David

P.S. Try contacting this guy. He might be able to do something for you. http://crashparts.cascocompany.net/

or 05stangkc on this site may be able to help you as well.
Old 4/5/05, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

I was 34 years old when I took out the quarter panel on my 98 Honda on my garage door frame. I paid a grand to get it fixed. I've had my share of mistakes. Accidents happen.

As others have said, order a new mirror and have it installed. Go to a dent removal place and have the dent removed. Shouldn't cost more than $75 to have it pulled. It looks like it will come out, as long as there aren't any creases, but they should be able to tell you if they can remove it before they start.

I'd clean up the scratches with some scratch remover and see how they look before making any decisions about painting on the car. Last, but not least, don't call your insurance company. The cost to repair this damage isn't worth the claim on your record.

Good luck.
Old 4/5/05, 08:28 PM
GT Member

I did that years ago to my Firebird.

Worst sound ever!!!

It was a fairly easy fix, only $180.00.
Definitely less than my deductable so I had to go outta-pocket.

Good luck!
Old 4/5/05, 08:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll fess up too. Back when I was 19, I had just gotten my 2000 V6 and was pulling into the garage. My sister AND my friend were guiding me in. Being the trusting person that I am, I stepped on the gas and CRRRAAASSSHHH (definitely one of the worst sounds ever) I raked the passenger side of my car, from the side scoop back to the bumper, against the BRICK divider (be happy yours isn't brick :. Scratched and ripped the side scoop off, dented/scratched the wheel well, and scratched the bumper. $1500 worth of damage plus my $500 security deposit. And because I ran into my garage, my insurance went up (it will finally be wiped from my record this August ). So if at all possible keep it away from your insurance company.

Don't worry be happy, pooe happens and tomorrow is always a new day. Just be sure to caddy for the really rich ones at the course for the next month.
Old 4/5/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

That really stinks
From the pics it does not look to bad.
The dint should cost about 20 buck to get out.
The painting I would say 1 if not both can be buffed out.
Not sure of cost of mirror.
I would say about 500 if they can be buffed.
about 700-800 is one need full painting done.

But if one of my friends fixed it.
They would use a blue sharpy and some super glue.
Old 4/5/05, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, making mistakes like this can happen at any age. I have never been in a wreck (knock on wood) with over 30 years of driving experience. BUT, I have taken out the passenger side door and right rear bed of my '92 F150 on one of those 3ft high posts at a gas station!! Amazing how that happened...and did it just a few years ago. Driving like a mad-man on the streets at a young inexperienced age is different...that's simply an accident waiting to happen.
Old 4/5/05, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I knocked off my passenger mirror pulling into the garage on my 1991 Saturn SL2 the second day I got it. All inexperienced drivers make mistakes. Don't sweat it, and don't worry about the people on this forum who are ragging on you. I guess when they were sixteen they were perfect and never made any stupid mistakes. <_<
Old 4/6/05, 06:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by OBleedingMe@April 5, 2005, 11:22 PM
I knocked off my passenger mirror pulling into the garage on my 1991 Saturn SL2 the second day I got it. All inexperienced drivers make mistakes. Don't sweat it, and don't worry about the people on this forum who are ragging on you. I guess when they were sixteen they were perfect and never made any stupid mistakes. <_<
I never did.

<_< Well, unless you count the time where I backed my 69 into my father's trailer, poking a hole in the gas tank sending countless gallons of premium onto the driveway.

Then there's the incident with Saleen...

Dan, trust us, you're not alone in doing something like this. The car will be fixed, and you'll be laughing about it years from now.
Old 4/6/05, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

!!!!! Way to go !!!!!
They say its harder trying to hit a moving target

Old 4/6/05, 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Dude, I have to ask ...... Were you do a flying start into the garage ?

Usually when I am pulling into the garage I am pulling in SLOWLY .... Also, what EXACTLY went through your head when you first felt some resistance on the fender hitting the garage? You apparently didn't think much if you continued to take the mirror clean off 3 feet later .....

Sorry about the damage .... It is only a car (I can't believe I just said that) .... Good thing it was only with your garage .... Think about this when your buddies may want to street race you .....
Old 4/6/05, 08:04 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, I know you must be joking about the warranty, you couldn't be that dumb. Then again you did drive into the wall. just kidding
Quote "I think i'll need a whole new side mirror even though its not "damaged" a plastice piece inside broke but the mirror, plastic aorund it and motor seem intact."
Hmmm, broken piece yet you say it is not damaged. At least you are a positive thinker
Old 4/6/05, 08:06 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@April 5, 2005, 10:22 PM
No tickets, no accidents, no dings, dents, scratches. Flawless record since I was 16, wow, that was a long time ago.
Old 4/6/05, 08:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Quote "Now for those others that have given you a hard time have proven to be the real idiots rather than yourself. The other problem Dan with these idiots is that they are so jealouse of you. I bet you anything that they are the type of people who spend all there money in a nice car but live in a trashy trailer and cant even afford to drive it and have 5 jobs to pay for it and live no life."

Now David, was that necessary? Sure, some of us may be jealous at the fact that when we were 16 our parents could not afford to BUY us a car, we had to buy our own. That being said, I think a lot of people on this forum jump the gun on a lot of things. Funny how so many people that come together because of thier love for the mustang still lash out and slam each other as often as they can. Sure is a pity.
Old 4/6/05, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 6, 2005, 10:14 AM
Quote "Now for those others that have given you a hard time have proven to be the real idiots rather than yourself. The other problem Dan with these idiots is that they are so jealouse of you. I bet you anything that they are the type of people who spend all there money in a nice car but live in a trashy trailer and cant even afford to drive it and have 5 jobs to pay for it and live no life."

Now David, was that necessary? Sure, some of us may be jealous at the fact that when we were 16 our parents could not afford to BUY us a car, we had to buy our own. That being said, I think a lot of people on this forum jump the gun on a lot of things. Funny how so many people that come together because of thier love for the mustang still lash out and slam each other as often as they can. Sure is a pity.
John,

I didnt get a car until I was 19 because my parents could not afford one for me and nor could I. When I did finally get a car it was a 90 used beat up cavalier. My 1st nice car was 4 years ago, 90 T-Bird SC and then a '00 Mustang and of course now my 05 GT. My point is that I could not afford a nice car for the longest time but that does not make me jealous. I am happy that a 17 year old like Dan can have what he has and I do nothing but sympathy with his damages. Its aggrevating to see someone like Dan make that mistake and get on this site for support and a lot of people do nothing but make fun of him for his mistake and be jealous.
Old 4/6/05, 08:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

The reply you gave me sure does sound a lot better than the reply I was referring to. My first car was a 77 mustang II, ya I know, but hey, it was a mustang. It cost me a $1,000 bucks and drove like it was worth $50.00 but I was proud because it was mine, bought and paid for by myself. Not saying that there is anything wrong with having a car handed to you, but, all of the kids I see these days that have cars handed to them do not treat them the same as the ones that earned and paid for it themselves. Am I saying that is the case with Dan, no. I didn't bash Dan. It stinks that happened to him and hope he realizes that if that happened in his driveway, just imagine what can happen out on the road.
Old 4/6/05, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Dan,

Good luck with the repairs and finances. Frankly, I can't see how the supposedly volatile combination of your age and the Mustang GT had anything to do with hitting the garage unless you were drag racing into your house and revving the engine to about 5,500 RPM at the time of impact!

My first car was a 1976 Mustang II because I did not work for 7 years like you did before I got my license. It took me until I was 19 to get my new Mustang. I applaud your work ethic and obvious honesty. It will serve you well in the future.

Ironically, I've been thinking about the extra 6 inches of width on the 2005 Mustang and wondering if I'll be using the garage or not because it's a tight fit for my 1998 GT now! Maybe I'll stay outside!
Old 4/6/05, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
give me Your car ,it will be in good hands
Old 4/6/05, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about your 05 Mustang, don't worried some body shops do better what factory does,,

If you were my son what you did, you won't drive that Mustang until you are 30 years old
Old 4/6/05, 10:03 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

John, I think you missed where he paid for it, and continues to pay for the car himself. He did not have the car HANDED to him. He earned it, which means in my book, he earned the right to crash it into his garage, get REALLY upset, and ask for options as to how to fix the mess.

Back to your program.
Old 4/6/05, 10:40 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Good Luck Dan. I'm not going to flame you at all. You live and you learn and I am quite sure you are learning a valuable lesson.
I hope you are able to get it fixed so you can't even tell.